PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offense once Brady, Gronk, Lewis return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Idk about you guys, but this is what has to have the league scared and me salivating to see.

considering how our offense has looked with our backup QB, and with only Hogan, edelman, amendola, white and benett...I am really curious to seee how it looks when you add the goat QB, Goat TE, and a shifty RB who was tearing it up last year before he tore his acl.

There is so many different offensive formations that mcdaniels can work with, 2rb sets, 2 te sets, 3 wr sets and I am not sure how any defensive coordinator is going to plan to stop all those weapons.

That vs Pittsburgh if Le'Veon Bell ever gets healthy and stops smoking weed would be quite the showdown.

it's not going to be much more than what Williams is already giving the Steeler (151 total yards per game)

Offense all the way in that game don't expect our Defense to slow em down much and they also have a really good young WR who have taken over Martavis Bryant's role 2nd year man Sammie Coates who can blow to Top off a Defense.

I think it will look like it always has - there will be times they cannot be stopped and it's just a matter of who Brady decides he's going to throw a TD to, and there will be times where they struggle whether due to flaws in execution, penalties, protection problems, and/or good planning, execution, specific personnel matchups, or great individual performance by their opponents. Most of this will be chalked up to ****ty playcalling by McDaniels, but all things considered they will end up one of the 3 highest scoring teams in the league, win 12-14 games, and hopefully nobody gets hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're as loaded at skill positions as they ever have been and excited to see them at full strength soon, but while it's been passable so far I'd still consider the OL more of a liability than at any point from like '03-'14, and I'll consider Lewis icing on the cake if he plays more than a handful of games...because he never has.

it's not going to be much more than what Williams is already giving the Steeler (151 total yards per game)
Williams isn't a bad pass catcher but, Bell is pretty dynamic coming out of the backfield.

I am going to operate under the assumption that Lewis won't be the same dynamic option he was last year. He very well might, but missing this amount of time, coming back mid season and playing the way he does, doesn't leave much room for error. There is also the possibility that white has absconded his role by the time Lewis is healthy, which is just one more good problem to have.

I am not sure f the team will be dramatically more dynamic with the extra pieces to be honest. At this point, we have an embarrassment of riches, and the extra pieces just provide more options for opponent specific matchups. You do get to a point when you have more tools than you can fit on the field.

As good as Gronk is, does he even add 25 extra yards to last weeks win? I doubt it, but he will provide a matchup nightmare to some team that cannot account for him. And that's the chess match we are playing now.

It's just an incredibly well constructed offense, with great balance of skillsets, and depth to cover most injuries. If our o-line stays healthy, we are going to be able to play at any pace and any style.

If I had to choose between Lewis coming back healthy, or VOLLMER coming back healthy...

I'd take Vollmer. And I love Lewis's game.

I thought Vollmer was done?

With normally healthy Oline, when Cooper if better than Mason is added, Gronk/Bennet duo, WRs, Dion Lewis and in week 10 potential Vollmer back, i would be disappointed if Brady throws less than 50 TDs in 12 games.

Last edited:
I thought Vollmer was done?
Adam Schefter said that he is done for the season, but i hope that he ll be back later. Maybe his hip will be better

The offense once Brady, Gronk, Lewis return?

avengers-football-movies-the-544452.jpg

I think it will look like it always has - there will be times they cannot be stopped and it's just a matter of who Brady decides he's going to throw a TD to, and there will be times where they struggle whether due to flaws in execution, penalties, protection problems, and/or good planning, execution, specific personnel matchups, or great individual performance by their opponents.
Exactly. Fact is, an offense can't really play better than the Pats did at the start of the Miami game. That's your pinnacle right there.

I'm excited to see the running game duo of Blount/Lewis with:

Gronk/Bennett both on the line
Thuney and Mason/Cooper at G

We pretty much will have a 7 man OL with those two beasts blocking.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
If I had to choose between Lewis coming back healthy, or VOLLMER coming back healthy...

I'd take Vollmer. And I love Lewis's game.
I respectfully disagree. They can manage with Cannon/Fleming/Waddle at RT.

They won a SB with Greg Robinson Randall, Tom Ashworth and Brandon Gorin at RTs for Petes sake.

Lewis gives them a whole different dimension on offense.

If you said Lewis or Solder then I'd pick Solder.

I'm personally not minding the shifting roster of 'next man up' guys. Opposing teams never know what's coming and the Patriots are the best prepared team week after week.

Jacoby could have a good day with all the awesome talent around him. Just keep calm kid and throw the ball.

Opposing teams really better hope we aren't fully healthy. Nobody has enough cover LBs to handle Gronk, Bennett AND Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back