PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offense Is The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We the best offense in football, and we have excellent depth. Ridley had a great game. And we have guys like Varreen and Price on the bench. And we still have Hernandez (and hopefully Vollmer) coming back. It's a great position to be in.

On a small point, I would keep Welch on the 53-man roster, even when Vollmer is back. We really at least 6 players between OT's and TE's. We wouldn't want Welch snapped off the Practice Squad.

I understand that we are squeezing the offensive positions because of defensive injuries, but it seems that we do need 22 offensive players plus Slater and Mallett.

Last edited:
Had the best offense last season as well. Had the best offense ever in 2007. 0-2 Super Bowls those years.

Had the best offense last season as well. Had the best offense ever in 2007. 0-2 Super Bowls those years.

The Patriots sure did look weird playing in yellow and black in this past superbowl.

It is the best right now.

Still worried about how it's gonna look in the playoffs though after the last 3 postseason games. Until the trend is reversed we've got to strive for better balance and unpredictability. Today was a great step in that direction.

A rb who can take it 20-30 yards on any play will keep junk defenses from just trying to stop the passing attack. I like the Law Firm. But, this kid has that extra burst he doesn't. I run him early and often next week. Then, after Ryan adjusts his defense. Play action....deep...

If we don't keep Welch. We should bring back Crumpler. He blocks just as well and knows the system.

Let's get Seabass and A. Hernandez healthy. This is going to be a machine as the season goes on.

We the best offense in football, and we have excellent depth. Ridley had a great game. And we have guys like Varreen and Price on the bench. And we still have Hernandez (and hopefully Vollmer) coming back. It's a great position to be in.

On a small point, I would keep Welch on the 53-man roster, even when Vollmer is back. We really at least 6 players between OT's and TE's. We wouldn't want Welch snapped off the Practice Squad.

I understand that we are squeezing the offensive positions because of defensive injuries, but it seems that we do need 22 offensive players plus Slater and Mallett.

6 guys for the 4 positions at OT and TE.
2 guys for the 1 position at QB.
5 guys for the 3 positions at interior OL.
4 guys for the extremely violent position at RB.
5 guys for the various rules at WR, all the more because they're also taking the return duties.

Yes, I agree with your arithmetic. :)

Best offense when it has lousy wrs on the outside?You need production.I keep saying it that its gonna bite them in the end.You need to have more production out of Ocho or Branch

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear the Packers have the best offense, although we are a close second. Defense on the other hand ...

OK, perhaps I exaggerated a little bit.

I think it's pretty clear the Packers have the best offense, although we are a close second. Defense on the other hand ...

Defensively Packers can pressure QB and have excellent CBs. They are a much more complete team and have a much higher chance of playoff success.

The reason Pats are even relevant is TB12. Without him, Pats might be 1-3 or 0-4.

BB can not coach defense any more? 400-500 yards ever week, to the likes of Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down