PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offense Is Now Set Through 2016; WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the extension of Lewis, the offense is essentially set through 2016. There are very few free agents. I suppose that Belichick might even extend Kline (and perhaps Develin) before the season ends, as he often does with RFA's.

2016 FREE AGENTS
Blount
Kline (RFA)
Wendell
Martin
Gibson (IR)
Tyms (RFA, IR)
Develin (RFA, IR)

To be clear, we don't need to allocate many new resources on the offense in the next off-season.

Last edited:
Looks like we will be looking for a power back and keep tweaking the back end of the WR corps. Maybe 2016 will be the year BB will spend a 1st round pick in a WR...wait.

Well that's good because we won't be drafting anyone until day 2.

With the extension of Lewis, the offense is essentially set through 2016. There are very few free agents. I suppose that Belichick might even extend Kline (and perhaps Develin) before the season ends, as he often does with RFA's.

2016 FREE AGENTS
Blount
Kline (RFA)
Wendell
Gibson (IR)
Tyms (RFA, IR)
Develin (RFA, IR)

To be clear, we don't need to allocate many new resources on the offense in the next off-season.
As is the case with Mayo, Amendola will not receive his roster bonus and current 2016 salary.
Also, Keshawn Martin is a free agent in 2016. Candidate to be extended if he continues to
improve? Looked good in last game.

Last edited:
As is the case with Mayo, Amendola will not receive his roster bonus and current 2016 salary.
Also, Keshawn Martin is a free agent in 2016. Candidate to be extended if he continues to
improve? Looked good in last game.
good catch on Martin

I've fixed it.
=======

With regard to Amendola, he could receive his $500K signing bonus. I agree that his contract will eventually be adjusted or he will be cut.

With regard to Amendola, he could receive his $500K signing bonus. I agree that his contract will eventually be adjusted or he will be cut.

That's interesting....when does his contract end? And how much is he due to get paid?

Its great to have this roster & cost certainty but 15-20% of the roster turns over year anyway. Draft, FA, salary-cap cuts, trades, etc.

That's interesting....when does his contract end? And how much is he due to get paid?
2017 but carries a $6.8 cap hit next year and $2.7 dead $ if cut in 2016. Hopefully they can work something out.

Would prefer if they signed LeGarrette too.

They're in good shape. The one thing I wish they had this year, and will hopefully bring on next year, is a young WR. I don't think you need to spend high draft picks on receivers – and when Belichick tries it tends not to work out – but a developmental guy who you can look forward to improving would be nice to get on the roster.

Well that's good because we won't be drafting anyone until day 2.
Trade all picks to 2017 except for a 4th and bring in a large FA crop after rd 7

The spoils of a healthy / intact / returning Offensive roster: 3-0 this year....scoring a shidt load of points...vs 2014's 2-2 start with major changes in O line/O line coaching and healing Gronk.

The beauty of Patriots fast starts....their division rivals start firing coaches mid season.

Looks like we will be looking for a power back and keep tweaking the back end of the WR corps. Maybe 2016 will be the year BB will spend a 1st round pick in a WR...wait.
I was seriously thinking that. What should we spend our first on. Then I remembered.

They're in good shape. The one thing I wish they had this year, and will hopefully bring on next year, is a young WR. I don't think you need to spend high draft picks on receivers – and when Belichick tries it tends not to work out – but a developmental guy who you can look forward to improving would be nice to get on the roster.

We have Martin, Dobson and Tyms who some think fit into the category of young WR who might develop.

Last edited:
If Goodell reinstates Josh Gordon and we pick him up as a free agent this off-season, I'll feel a little less PO'ed over the stolen 1st round pick.

I think Amendola and Cannon will be cap casualties.

I think Amendola and Cannon will be cap casualties.
Amendola might be a candidate to restructure. He's been too valuable to flat out cut. Even though his price still feels a bit steep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back