Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Odds For Obama, Biden, Palin And McCain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Sep 4, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +565 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Ahhh, how America loves to bet on everything!

"Joshua Zumbrun 09.03.08, 10:18 AM ET

On Intrade.com, armchair pundits can place bets on the likelihood that a political outcome will come to pass. A low-volume market has developed for who will win the presidency, whom candidates will select as their vice presidents, who will win control of Congress and many other bets.

The best-traded political market is for the result of the presidential election. Intraders give Obama a 60% chance of winning, a figure that has budged little in recent weeks.

Sound like biased nonsense? All wishful thinking on the part of liberal traders, who would be delighted with a Palin withdrawal and Obama victory? If so, the strategy would be to sign up and bet against them. If bettors are systematically making biased bets, you could still pocket a pretty penny correcting the market. The volume may be small, but the money people win is quite real."

http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/09/03/rnc-intrade-palin-biz-beltway-cx_jz_0903rnc-intrade.html

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Palin was given a 2% chance of being selected for McCain's VP. I wish I had some money down on that one.

3. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

They have been around for years. But every few months they seem to be rediscovered as something new.

You can bet on almost anything there. Including where Hurricane Hanna is going to make landfall or if Blu-Ray Disc sales will outnumber HD-DVD disc sales in the US in 2008.

They are not American. They are in Ireland. (Maybe Palin got to visit them on her visit there.) It is illegal in the USA to bet on the the out come of a political race. I don't know if it is legal or not (under US law) for a US citizen to bet on the election on that site.

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

They also had her dropping off the ticket at like 57 or 58% yesterday.

Funny, I couldn't find that one today. :rolleyes:

5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

It was never that high. It peaked at 19% It is right now at 5.7% maybe you missed the decimal point. And it is on the front page so I don't know how you missed it. :rolleyes: