PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The obligatory "What happened to Wes Welker?" thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullaRandyMoss81

On the Roster
Reaction score
Welker??

whats the deal w/ welker? He wasnt injured after the superbowl. im guessing its an offseason workout injury. does anybody know what happened to him and what part of his body is injured? and word on when hes coming back?

Re: welker??

Good luck getting an answer on that. Trying to get a peak at the Pats' injury report is like trying to find the Ark of the Covanent.

I remember when Moss sat at most of the end of camp last year and people were talking about the Patriots releasing him! Welker is probably recovering from a minor injury and since he is going to catch 1,000,000 passes this season he is getting a bit of a break early on.

I heard in Sirius radio speculations with the 12 man PUP list and one person (dont remember who) said that putting all those people in the PUP would allow to bring 12 more people to training camp. So in fact they would have over 90 people in training instead of 80.

That is what I heard, not completelly sure if true.

Mrs. B reports Wes was out on the field, stretching, during the morning walk-thru.
That sounds encouraging.

The radio report is wrong.
CAMP PUPs do count against the roster
... and the Patriots are at or below 80.
(Different story for Reserve PUPs, once season begins.)

From what I hear, he does have an injury but it's definitely not any big deal. This is what the PFW guys are hearing/seeing around Foxboro this whole off-season. Nothing to worry about.

Wes "slot-king" Welker is already proven...proven player's don't need to be out there all that much in preseason. I want to to hear that Randy Moss is wearing a None-Contact Jersey pretty soon BB.:mad: Get Chad glass-joe Jackson and Kelley Washington all the reps they can get with the First Offense....they NEED IT!

Last edited:
The sports talk radio guy over here says he thinks Welker hurt his shoulder and the Pats are being extra cautious so he is ready to go against KC.

What's wrong with Wes??

Re: Wes Welker

Yah. He is girly mon.

What's wrong with Wes??

Undisclosed injury, that no one seems to be to worried about.

There was a Patriot Hate blog written that said it was groin related.

Who knows, but I'm getting a little concerned. I'm sure he'll be ready.

If you saw the excerable Felger show yesterday you saw Welker and Vrabes running around in civies. BB is simply making sure he does not repeat the mistake of bringing back guys too early like Thomas last year.

Next up: worry about an incoming asteroid!!!!

Coming off a would-have been Super Bowl MVP performance I'm not too worried.

Then again no one really has any information.

If you saw the excerable Felger show yesterday you saw Welker and Vrabes running around in civies. BB is simply making sure he does not repeat the mistake of bringing back guys too early like Thomas last year.

Next up: worry about an incoming asteroid!!!!

Incoming Asteroid? That's gonna suck.

Casale is reporting that he injured his groin in the Belichick video, then aggravated it by trying to hit the unpopular Bruschi.

Casale is reporting that he injured his groin in the Belichick video, then aggravated it by trying to hit the unpopular Bruschi.

Jesus, that's funny. The second line literally made me laugh out loud.

He was nursing a groin problem in the playoffs. I heard he had surgery in the offseason ... but I'm not into reporting things I hear anymore I have :banned: myself from that. :p

On NEST, or whatever it's called now, Felger said that he's seen Welker working out on other fields. Same with Vrabel. Doesn't mean they'll be ready to go week 1 but they're not on their death beds and it seems very unlikely they'll be season long issues.

Undisclosed injury, that no one seems to be to worried about.

There was a Patriot Hate blog written that said it was groin related.

Who knows, but I'm getting a little concerned. I'm sure he'll be ready.
When you think about it, the whole #$%^&*@ thing was groin-related...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes