Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Obama Express...all aboard!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 17, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I was watching the kick-off of Obama's train ride to Washington on both CNN and Fox this moring. Obama seems to be inspiring everyone based upon what I witnessed so far. Even the guys on Fox are swooning over him....Harry must be getting pissed off!

This country is in dire need of inspiration and leadership. We are a country in crisis. The next 4 days are going to be interesting, inspiring, emotional and HISTORIC....Personally, I'm the most excited about an incoming president as I've ever been in my lifetime.

I'd love to read other's thoughts.

The Obama express....all aboard! Everyone is invited. There are no blue states or red states, only the United States of America. Get aboard or get left behind.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

You don't want to read my thoughts........................:singing::singing:

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I don't think this train would stop to pick up someone like you anyway Harry!:p

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Inspiring ? All he's done is talk DOWN everything recently, because he is probably realizeing "Change You Can Believe In" is just that - make believe. I asked in the other thread with no response - at what point will Obama be responsible for not turning things around ? Or will he get a pass forever for following Bush ? 100 days ? 6 months ? 1 year ? How long does "Change You Can Believe In" take ? I'd like the Obama Ball Lickers on the record so they have something to answer to.

5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's a new f*cking President, no different from if McCain had won other than Obama's insistence on using his middle name in the inauguration - interestingly, the middle name his people were so agitated at McCain's people using. Weird.

I guess Biden finds it historic :

Me ? I didn't look at Obama and think "wow, a clean black guy"; I just saw a crazed liberal.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

BF...Change is all in the effort. Sometimes the results are beyond human will. So if you think any president would be a failure if they can't turn the economy around, you're just plain wrong.

I have said many time that our recession is not Bush's fault. In all honesty, that's a fact, not an opinion. No one, not even a US president has he power to create booms or recessions by themselves. And conversely, no one can fix a recession. You know that I've said this all along.

If you're just sitting there hoping and waiting Obama fails, then you're a sad, sad man. I doubt that's the case, however. So why don't we all "try" to be positive? God knows there's enough negativity to go around for lifetime.

You know deep down that the man seems fairly brilliant. You must get the feeling he is sincere, so why not just believe that he will do everything within his power and the power of his office to help this country? I think Bush actually tried his best, but his intellectual capacity fell way short for the office.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The FACT is, this is different. You can deny that, but you're not accepting reality. This FAR, FAR more exciting than if McCain had won. That guy was a "dead man walking" on an inspirational level. And there would have been no big historical milestone.

If you disagree with me, the world will confirm that the historical-ness of Obama taking office is in fact THE most historical presidential moment in our history. Watch it closely and you'll find that world interest will be about 20 times that of any other US president.

Why do you sound full of resentment BF. You don't have a single reason to feel that way. And that's another fact.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I won't be watching. I'm not resentful, I just don't agree with him. I don't care one way or another that he's (half) black, I care that I think he's a liberal loon and agree with almost nothing. If he gets us off middle east oil like he says he will then I will think that's great - but I don't see it happening.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Where have I said I hope he fails ? I just want to know how long we should expect to wait for "Change You Can Believe In" because that's what we were promised and that's what people voted for.

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The one thing that is repeated over and over again when people look back at JFK's term, "he gave us hope".

DITTO.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Every Mistake Jug Ears Makes Will Be Blamed On Bush.

His Groupies Believe He Can Walk On Water And Turn Water Into Wine The Rest Of The People Know Him For What He Is, A Slick Politician Who has Been Gifted With The Ability To Be The Greatest Bullsh!t Artist This Country Has Ever Known.

He is no better or no worse than all those other scum bags in Washington

I have just been watching MSNBC (obama channel) they all have their little democrat Grins pasted on their silly faces and every time they say the name Barack Obama they all look like they want to Masturbate.

Poor Old Pant Suit Hillary this "golden god" came out of nowhere, took the job she sold her soul for and now to top that off he's her Boss
    ...:singing::singing::singing:

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Hope isn't going to do it. One of L.A.'s high school just announced a 56% dropout rate. We need people to dig in a get themselves turned around - dropping out and hoping ? Nope.

13. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,961 / 35 / -63

No Jersey Selected

On another note, on one of CNN's polls they did a few weeks back, Bush's approval rating was atrocious. Something like 80-20 that were not in favor of him. Then, yesterday, Obama comes out and says, "I think Bush is a good guy". Suddenly people are swayed. The immediate poll results were 60% of people agreeing that Bush is a good guy while 40% said no.

This wasn't really a "statement" that I was looking to make. Just an observation. It's amazing what good dialogue can do. It's also amazing how many people around this country are absolutely blind when it comes to politics.

14. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Whoa, Whoa nelly.........I wouldn't go that far. Ever heard of a guy named Washington, George I believe... When he was inaugurated as President, it was historical as democracy set up a system for the peaceful transition of power with a constitution to codify the rights of individuals and those given to a government......

Not to mention Lincoln or FDR who took over and led in more troubled times...... Is it a monumental change that shows how far we've evolved as a nation? Absolutely. Is it "THE most historical"? Not, not by a long shot.....
    PR, you're usually on top of things so I'll write this off as hyperbole and exuberance but let's give ti some time to see what happens.....

15. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone hear that guy sing the national anthem in Baltimore before the messiah came out? I so wanted him to sing Choclate Rain

16. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Great question imo. I was listening to a roundtable,Lehrer I think-not sure-anyway that same question was posed but specific to the Gitmo closing.
    The consensus was that if Obama didn't close it within 100 days of taking office, he'll own it.

I think most Americans realize everything he's inheriting and that some things are more of a priority than others depending upon your perspective. However,the country's in a mess on so many fronts it becomes a matter of debate which crisis he should move on first. That said IMO he's compelled to do something decisive almost immediately; what that something may be can be argued 10 ways to Sunday because that's how many things are on his desk screwed up. Regardless of that, he needs to take some actions on a couple of (or more) top priorities within his first 100 days or so.

If he doesn't, I'm not so sure the majority of Americans are in enough of a forgiving,pro-government mood just to turn a blind eye and not demand answers. No matter the political affiliation, the anger and angst in this country is palpable. By the time this dog-and-pony show winds down and we've all had a couple of days to discuss how awesome everything was, John Q. Public is going to be ready for some "change", or at the very least a move which demonstrates that it will compel change.

The media will also have a lot of influence on public mood, as it always seems to.

I buy the need to try and personify hope to the country and to the world because I think people need that right now. But turning him into something holy is beyond ridiculous in fact it creeps me out a little. I voted for him if that makes any difference.

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I do want to be clear that this isn't the easiest time to be the incoming President. My question wasn't meant to suggest that. But his campaign was "Change You Can Believe In" with the obvious implication that things will get better; presumably in his first term. The way he's been talking down the economy it's clear that he now thinks it won't be that soon. But if, say, two years from now little has changed will that still be Bush's fault ? I think about 25% of Obama voters think that after about a month that we'll have a million manufacturing jobs back.

18. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yep, that drop out rate is really bad, as it is in a number of places. I'm guessing right there in D.C. its nearly as bad if not worse. I'll tell you something that was worse, civil rights in the 60's. JFK gave us hope.

Ditto.

19. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I'm willing to give Obama a shot. If the none of the stimulus goes directly to the people that's gonna turn me off big time.

20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I think everyone is. That doesn't mean that we have to ride the Obama Express with PR else be called resentful. As for stimulus going to the people, it needs to go to something that can help for the long term, not just be a handout to those who just sit at home.

I'd start by paying anyone on welfare minimum wage but it has to be for 40 hours of work picking up trash, cleaning up graffiti, etc. No work - no money.