PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The number one seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone else the least bit concered about maybe having the number one playoff seed ?Looking back over the last several years the number one seed hasnt done very well in the playoffs .the last three years the number one seed has lost .the 06 chargers 05 colts and 04 steelers gone .

I would prefer it to traveling to play the Chargers then traveling to play the Colts.

The 03 one seed did pretty well so I'm not concerned. :D

No. We had the #1 in '03.

Yeah, I'm really bothered by the fact that we're the best team in the AFC :D

In all serious, the one seed is what we want, no questions. If we had HFA last season over the Colts, we'd have one more ring.

Is anyone else the least bit concered about maybe having the number one playoff seed ?Looking back over the last several years the number one seed hasnt done very well in the playoffs .the last three years the number one seed has lost .the 06 chargers 05 colts and 04 steelers gone .

What the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers did with that number one seed has no effect on what this year's number one seed will do. Their inability to capitalize has nothing to do with what will happen this year.

Absolutely not. You are assuming a causation -- i.e., that being #1 caused those teams to lose, rather than thinking that those teams lost despite being #1.

yeah having homefield advantage throughout the playoffs would suck big time. The pats should concentrate their efforts for a wild card game

Absolutely not. You are assuming a causation -- i.e., that being #1 caused those teams to lose, rather than thinking that those teams lost despite being #1.
im not assuming anything.i just thought it was something to think about thats all .

im not assuming anything.i just thought it was something to think about thats all .

The Patriots are 7-0 in home playoff games under BB.

In their last 3 on the road, they are 1-2.

Any more questions?

#1 seed jinks? No two #1 seeds from both conferences ever met in recent yrs?
all are meaningless statistics.

#1 seed, I call it the Demon Seed. Appropriate.
GFY NFL

Put it this way;

Playoffs at home = good

Playoffs on road = not as good

Lets not overthink this one.

Yeah, I'm really bothered by the fact that we're the best team in the AFC :D

In all serious, the one seed is what we want, no questions. If we had HFA last season over the Colts, we'd have one more ring.

The freakin' Dolphins stole our signals from a tape and beat us. And the NFL's Steve Alic responded, "That's football!" If only teams didn't cheat like this, we'd have our 4th Super Bowl victory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back