PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The non-Chiefs market for Cassel -- Broncos/Bucs 3-way trade? [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt1073

anyone feel that teams didn't show interest in Cassel just because they would have to make a deal with the pats and ultimately make us a good offer. Im just pissed we had to give up Cassel and Vrabel for a second. Im totally shocked at the least I was hoping to get was a late first

Re: KC only interested Team

Do you really think if we called the Lions and said, " Vrabel and Cassel for 20?" we would've got it?

WE GOT SCAMMED PEOPLE!

Hey this is a joke right, Cassel and vrabel for a 2nd rounder????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:banned:

Do you really think if we called the Lions and said, " Vrabel and Cassel for 20?" we would've got it?

WE GOT SCAMMED PEOPLE!

If you're going to say that, please explain why you're at least fairly sure Cassel wouldn't have torpedoed the Lions deal.

anyone feel that teams didn't show interest in Cassel just because they would have to make a deal with the pats and ultimately make us a good offer. Im just pissed we had to give up Cassel and Vrabel for a second. Im totally shocked at the least I was hoping to get was a late first

Teams didn't get a chance to show interest in Cassel, he got tagged recently and free agency started yesterday. That is why we have always waited until draft day to make these trades.

Why not? The lion's are stupid and would've gave him lot of $$$!

WE GOT SCAMMED PEOPLE!

Ah sh!t we did get scammed, this fkin sucks man. 2nd rounder for Cassel and Vrabes BAH

Im totally shocked at the least I was hoping to get was a late first

So you'd be happier with pick number 31 or 32? Because we got 34...

I highly doubt this but what if KC was the only team Cassel wanted to go to? But yes, the Pats really got scammed. It would really surprise me if the Bucs had zero interest in Matt Cassel.

WE GOT SCAMMED PEOPLE!

Cassel could nix that deal by telling the Lions: I'm not going to agree to a deal with you.

pats got what they could.....a 1st rnd(35th) for a 7th cassel. there isnt a msg board around that wanted cassel for a 1st + . that is about the intelligence of most gms around the league and that is why those teams suck.

in the mean time with 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds the pats get younger and still will be the favs for the superbowl.

good to be a pats fan!

what if cassel has a horrible year next year?
then we will all be sitting here saying omg we got a 2nd for him!
and who knows we could get 4 solid players on the first day of the draft.
and who knows who the pats go after with the money they got freed up.
everyone calm down.

This sucks but we got money now. the pats got a ton of picks early picks in the draft. maybe now we could sign coles for 14/2 yrs or something

I can not understand why BB couldn't secure a conditional 2010 pick as well in this deal. Something smells!

I think it's too early to say the pats got screwed. If cassel lights the league on fire for the next few years, then yes, the pats might have gotten screwed.

If cassel turns out to be an average QB, then the pats didn't get screwed.

In the end, BB got what he felt like a fair offer for cassel or he wouldn't have traded him. Maybe BB doesn't think Matt is that great???

so does anybody really think the pats didnt talk with tampa, lions vikings? get real. either they were dragging their feet...or they were afraid ...prob just stupid.

I suspect that this is just a little bit of BB helping out his former partner with whom he's had much success.

so does anybody really think the pats didnt talk with tampa, lions vikings? get real. either they were dragging their feet...or they were afraid ...prob just stupid.

The Vikings have decided to go with Rosenfels, which I think is moronic but whatever. Schefter has reported that both the Lions and Bucs tried to get Cassel, but presumably offered less than KC did.

"I can not understand why BB couldn't secure a conditional 2010 pick as well in this deal. Something smells!
"

I agree with you. I thought at least 2 Two's were a given.

I suspect that this is just a little bit of BB helping out his former partner with whom he's had much success.

That's not how things are done. Pioli and BB know its a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes