PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL revolves around the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is it just me or does EVERYTHING we do get top billing. There are some big name out there McNabb, Ray Lewis,Peppers,ect but what is on the front page ..THE PATS. You don't hear much about any of them. All Pro Bowlers and
not much in the news but, We trade our backup QB and its the talk of the league for days.
I take this as a sign of being on top of league.
Everyone still looks up to us imo to guage their teams.
thoughts

Good or bad.... I like it better than when nobody cared enough to notice us.

Well, I agree that the Pats are the symbol of what teams strive for in the NFL. But the Cassel trade is definitely the biggest news this week throughout the NFL (although Haynesworth's funny-money deal isn't too far off). All the players you just named are either free agents, or in McNabb's case, someone who may seek a trade. But there is nothing more than rumors with those guys, not actual news.

Is it just me or does EVERYTHING we do get top billing. There are some big name out there McNabb, Ray Lewis,Peppers,ect but what is on the front page ..THE PATS. You don't hear much about any of them. All Pro Bowlers and
not much in the news but, We trade our backup QB and its the talk of the league for days.
I take this as a sign of being on top of league.
Everyone still looks up to us imo to guage their teams.
thoughts

I'm proud of the fact that our team is thought of so highly,hated or not. What kind of just blows me away is that we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If BB nails this draft we could be in the mix for the next 10 yrs. It just goes to show you that the Pat's are a top run organization from top to bottom. The Pats and Steelers have a system in place, although similiar, but different values. But the one core is the draft and knowing when to let players walk.

Between Belichick-Mangini, the perfect regular season and all the record-setting, their stranglehold on the AFC East, Brady & Giselle, Brady and Bridgitte (sp?) and the boy, Randy Moss, Brady's injury and then the startling performance of a who-dat QB.

Did I miss anything?

That's right. Spygate and three SB wins and one stunning SB defeat.

They have more news on an off day than ten teams in their entire season.

They have more news on an off day than ten teams in their entire season.[/QUOTE said:
Try one season of the Pats has more news than ten teams in a entire decade.

"Good or bad.... I like it better than when nobody cared enough to notice us."

Gotta disagree with you here. I am old enought to remember when we were born and didn't even have our stadium to play in. Nobody cared back then.
Nice to be on the top.

Heavy lies the crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back