PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL makes a mockery of the playoffs (not a thread about division alignment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Look, I'm fine with the divisional alignment. At most I'd consider adding a 7th team and only giving one bye.

But you can't tell me the NFL gives a damn about the competitive integrity of the game. It doesn't. Not when it deliberately changes the schedule on the last weekend to put one team at a disadvantage.

So when the NFL *itches and moans about people gaming the injury report, or freakin' tapes of the opposing coaches, any of these things somehow lessening the integrity of the game, my only answer is: Don't insult my intelligence.

If all three important games had been played at the same time this weekend, the results may have been different for the Patriots. For one, the Patriots were only leading 3-0 at halftime against the Bills, the team that upset the Broncos last week, so the game would have been in doubt in the Jets players' minds if the games had been played at the same time. Furthermore, the Jets players KNEW that the Ravens were taking it to the Jaguars. How do I know?

Said Woody, "Early on, after they showed it [on the stadium scoreboard] that first time [with Jacksonville leading, 7-3], I was pretty sure Baltimore had taken control of the game. They didn't show it again. But at the end of the day, we didn't take care of our business, so it didn't matter."

You can't tell me the Jets players weren't deflated and disappointed. Yes, I know Favre was throwing INTs and that more than anything caused the loss, but the Jets were tackling like pansies. It was a joke. The Phins were slicing through them when they couldn't do it to the 49ers.

The scenario yesterday unfolded as we feared, with the Jets players realizing they were out of the playoffs DURING the game.

All I know is that the NFL doesn't give a damn about competitive integrity.

Don't know about that....

What I do know: the League thinks throwing snow chunks into the stands at fans is as dangerous as players doing snow angels on the field.

So when the NFL *itches and moans about people gaming the injury report, or freakin' tapes of the opposing coaches, any of these things somehow lessening the integrity of the game, my only answer is: Don't insult my intelligence.

If all three important games had been played at the same time this weekend, the results may have been different for the Patriots. For one, the Patriots were only leading 3-0 at halftime against the Bills, the team that upset the Broncos last week, so the game would have been in doubt in the Jets players' minds if the games had been played at the same time. Furthermore, the Jets players KNEW that the Ravens were taking it to the Jaguars....

You know, you are absolutely correct.

Look, I'm fine with the divisional alignment. At most I'd consider adding a 7th team and only giving one bye.

But you can't tell me the NFL gives a damn about the competitive integrity of the game. It doesn't. Not when it deliberately changes the schedule on the last weekend to put one team at a disadvantage.

If all three important games had been played at the same time this weekend, the results may have been different for the Patriots. For one, the Patriots were only leading 3-0 at halftime against the Bills, the team that upset the Broncos last week, so the game would have been in doubt in the Jets players' minds if the games had been played at the same time. Furthermore, the Jets players KNEW that the Ravens were taking it to the Jaguars. How do I know?

You can't tell me the Jets players weren't deflated and disappointed. Yes, I know Favre was throwing INTs and that more than anything caused the loss, but the Jets were tackling like pansies. It was a joke. The Phins were slicing through them when they couldn't do it to the 49ers.

The scenario yesterday unfolded as we feared, with the Jets players realizing they were out of the playoffs DURING the game.

The NFL's idea of competitive balance over the last 2 years is a playoffs without the Patriots. They way that the ****ed us at every turn from spygate to WW's snow angel is proof. The NFL hates BB and what he has been able to do.

Your conspiracy theories are really not helping. The Pats should have beat the Jests but their defense sucked that night.

I didn't see the jets do anything but play their balls off last night. Just some poor playcalling, Miami playing better and Brett being Manny.

Your conspiracy theories are really not helping. The Pats should have beat the Jests but their defense sucked that night.

What conspiracy theories are you talking about?

The NFL didn't hide this agenda.

Chris Gasper said that the NFL explicitly told him they moved the games to maximize TV exposure.

All I'm saying is that the NFL doesn't care about competitive integrity.

And the NFL's own spokesperson implicitly admitted that when he stated that the reason for moving games was to maximize TV revenues (implicitly at the expense of the game's integrity).

I didn't see the jets do anything but play their balls off last night. Just some poor playcalling, Miami playing better and Brett being Manny.

Read the Woody quote. He says the players knew they had no chance to get into the playoffs during the game. You're saying that had no effect?

I saw it the same way. The Jets played hard, they were driving to tie in the fourth and Brett was Brett, just like in last years NFC championship game.

Brett Favre's before-the-game pep talk to his team on the field:
"...if it works out , good...if it don't, it don't..." or something to that effect. Heard it on ESPN this morning.
What an inspiration! What a leader!

Here is what I have to say to the NFL after they moved the games around...

baby_middle_finger.jpg

I am a little grumpy today.

edit: Dame it and I need to change my avitar too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back