PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL finally got their wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now they're working towards Peyton getting carried off the field by his teammates in Detroit.

The NFL didn't cause the turnovers.

pats1 said:
Now they're working towards Peyton getting carried off the field by his teammates in Detroit.

NEM said:
Even with those turnovers, the game was won if not for the two horrible decisions by the officials. I guarantee you that the NFL apologizes to the Pats for the wrong call on the fumble out of the end zone.

Nah that one was inconclusive. The late PI flag by the back judge was horrible though

That pass interference call changed the whole game, if they didn't call anything like it looked that would have been 3rd down I think. Then lets say they don't get the first, they punt we get the ball with a 3-0 lead. That call was one of the worse calls I've seen in a couple years. And I hope the Steelers win the Superbowl just because I don't want the Colts or Broncos to, and the Steelers derserve it.

Yeah, I hope the Steelers go all the way, do it for The Bus!

The thing about the touchback call was this. The referree who made
the call was 30 yards behind Bailey. Had he said touchback not out
at the one if would have stood. The replay should have had a bigger
impact than the referree. Odd situation. But, IMO the on-field should
have been totally ignored.

I wasn't a physics major. But, if you have someone running(jogging)
forward and he gets hit from side/behind, it's unlikely the ball wouldn't
go forward at least 36 inches.

How could that ref not give Asante that interception? Wasn't it the same ref who called Asante for interference when there was shoving by both players, more so by the WR. My conclusion was that ref was paid off to call the game for Denver, and he succeeded. The better team didn't win that game.

lobster said:
How could that ref not give Asante that interception? Wasn't it the same ref who called Asante for interference when there was shoving by both players, more so by the WR. My conclusion was that ref was paid off to call the game for Denver, and he succeeded. The better team didn't win that game.

Agreed. They were able to make BB throw the challenge flag early.

patsfaninpa said:
The thing about the touchback call was this. The referree who made
the call was 30 yards behind Bailey. Had he said touchback not out
at the one if would have stood. The replay should have had a bigger
impact than the referree. Odd situation. But, IMO the on-field should
have been totally ignored.

I wasn't a physics major. But, if you have someone running(jogging)
forward and he gets hit from side/behind, it's unlikely the ball wouldn't
go forward at least 36 inches.

Haha you guys are crazy....it got knocked out between the 1 1/2 yard line and 2 and there is still NOTHING to prove that it was a touchback....sour grapes guys, sour grapes...

lol

I think we can all agree that there was some awful officiating in that game. I agree that it was underhanded to make BB challenge the pick instead of ruling it on the field, the PI was trash and I agree with what was said about the Bailey play: while you can't see anything (yes OR no) from a replay since no camera man this side of the psychic friends is gonna see that coming, I just don't understand how that ball could have come up short of the pylon since Bailey was running and he stuck his arm way out to the right at the last second.

But to be honest, the more I think about it the more that play simply made my day. That Watson hit was the coolest thing I've ever seen. The fact that the cameraman didn't even see it coming was absolute gold.

mgteich said:

Yeah, tell him, Sauerbraunasaurus Rex did!!!!

DXF11801150413.jpg

mgteich said:

Faulk's fumble does fall under that category, but watch from there.

First play after, totally bogus pass interference call. Broncos get THIRTY NINE YARDS. 7-3.

New England is now playing with the pressure of being behind. They're still mad, Hobbs makes his mistake. 10-3.

Brady throws the INT trying to force it in there to take the lead, playing from behind. The Broncos game plan has also benefited from the lead - they can rush Brady more now knowing the Pats will have to pass more to get back ahead.

Bailey almost screws the Broncos season after Watson's great play. After the ball is seen going forward into the endzone, Triplette refuses to reverse it. The Patriots should have gotten the ball back on their own 20, but now it's 17-6.

Now the Patriots are really down. Brady has to forcefully pass it downfield, Vinatieri misses the field goal.

Now with time ticking down and a deep hole to climb back through, Troy Brown crumbles under the pressure. 24-6.

Finally, at the end of the game, having to pass downfield at all costs to win, Brady is forced to throw it into triple coverage, INT, game over.

To protest the ref. who was obviously bought off to throw the game to Denver, I'm not watching any more NFL football this season.

Ok, if you watch the replay, you'll see....

Bailey is running, his foot hits the pylon. This is the last foot he gets down. His body goes out of bound at that same point. The ball goes out of bounds in front of him. If the ball goes out of bounds in front of the pylon, how did it go out of bounds before the endzone?

I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying, watching the replay, it is pretty clear to me. We may not have won the game anyway, but had we gotten the ball back here, it could have been a different game.

Last edited:
Great Post Pats1

Though I would add the lack of call on the offensive offside on the long field goal by Denver at the end of the half, it could have been 7-3, not 10-3. Officiating changed the face of this game in the Bronco's favor, plain and simple. Congrats for Denver for taking advantage of it.

Mindset and gameplan execution are the keys to winning football games. Jeff Triplette prevented the Patriots from doing such.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
Ok, if you watch the replay, you'll see....

Bailey is running, his foot hits the pylon. This is the last foot he gets down. His body goes out of bound at that same point. The ball goes out of bounds in front of him. If the ball goes out of bounds in front of the pylon, how did it go out of bounds before the endzone?

I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying, watching the replay, it is pretty clear to me. We may not have won the game anyway, but had we gotten the ball back here, it could have been a different game.

Did anyone else notice that immediately after the play on Bailey that the ref stepped in to mark the spot and after about 1 second stepped about 1 foot back upfield?

That spot makes it easier to defend the call of the ball not going out of the end zone.

pats1 said:
Mindset and gameplan execution are the keys to winning football games. Jeff Triplette prevented the Patriots from doing such.

...and this is after the Pats survived horrible field position the entire game to take the lead and momentum.

The bogus PI DID play a major effect on the tenor of the game.

As an example of how important that is to the Pats, consider last week when they passed up a makeable FG to pooch punt and pin the Jaguars deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes