PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The next one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine what will be said when BB & SP meet the challenge and win another Superbowl. They will have met the huge challenge of retooling the roster with younger players and resisiting the rediculous sums of money being thrown to FA's as a result of the new CBA.

If they can rebuild this thing and go on to win more rings it will be simply amazing. Would anyone bet against this happening??

fgssand said:
Imagine what will be said when BB & SP meet the challenge and win another Superbowl. They will have met the huge challenge of retooling the roster with younger players and resisiting the rediculous sums of money being thrown to FA's as a result of the new CBA.

If they can rebuild this thing and go on to win more rings it will be simply amazing. Would anyone bet against this happening??

this is bordering on an optimistic post....do you think it's appropriate? ;)

They don't have that much rebuilding to do. One by one the old players are going away and with each draft that yields a few starters the new team is being built . . . having had no first round busts since Klemm (oh yeah, he was second round but our first pick that year) really helps. I guess Belichick was the #1 pick Klemm's year . . . he wasn't a bust either ;)

Re-signing the guys we have to keep, drafting well and getting a few good deals in FA will keep them on top for the Brady era. He's 28, we have about a 7 year window until he's 35 and the skills begin to diminish (not that he can't play well beyond that but it can't be counted on).

7 years or so. Then I think Brady and Belichick will depart together. Maybe even the same year.

Last edited:
I think there should be a list compiled of all the people who whine about the team between the start of free agency and the draft. The list will be saved until the season is over and if the Pats win the Super Bowl all of the people on the list will be permanantly banned from the site. It will be a much happier place.

fgssand said:

It's going to be harder all the time. An analogy would be someone inventing a new widget and, next thing you know, there are 1980 people in 98 different countries copying it or making it better. Getting so many coaches and players sucked out of Foxboro makes it worse. I'm hopeful but the rest of the teams and their coaches and front office aren't that bad, and Belichick and Pioli are only human in spite of what a lot of people here think.

Fanfrom1960 said:
It's going to be harder all the time. An analogy would be someone inventing a new widget and, next thing you know, there are 1980 people in 98 different countries copying it or making it better. Getting so many coaches and players sucked out of Foxboro makes it worse. I'm hopeful but the rest of the teams and their coaches and front office aren't that bad, and Belichick and Pioli are only human in spite of what a lot of people here think.

It's hard to win it all.......really hard. But, with all due respect to the other coaches, gm's and owners - Our group IS the best. Make room for more trophies, they are nowhere near done!

Fanfrom1960 said:
I agree it is going to be harder...and the copyin is going on..but do you see a team copying more of what the Patriots are doing on the field as well as the FO??? The Eagles do come to mind and they have in the past. RAC in Cleve?? Mangini in NYJ?? Saban in Mia?? I don't see any frugal spending there...at all. Maybe on the field they may have a similar phiolsophy..just seems that it will be harder, but that the BB/SP combo is still a bit ahead of things. I do think with this retooling, it will give the chance of the Patriots back in the Bowl quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots