Welcome to PatsFans.com

The next 2 years

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Quote from Obama about our near future, the filibuster, and falling behind the rest of the world.

Our chat with President Obama: He says Rand Paul supporter's violent attack was 'out of hand in ways that are disturbing' | Crooks and Liars

"What keeps me up at night is China, Germany, India, Brazil -- they’re moving. They make decisions, we’re going to pursue clean energy, and the next thing you know they’ve cornered half the clean energy market; we’re going to develop high-speed rail in the span of five years -- suddenly they’ve got high-speed rail lines going; we’re going to promote exports, here’s what we’re going to do -- boom, they get going. And if we can’t sort of execute on key issues that will determine our competitiveness over the long term, we’re going to fall behind -- we are going to fall behind.

And the filibuster is not part of the Constitution. The filibuster, if you look at the history of it, may have arisen purely by accident because somebody didn’t properly apply Robert’s Rules of Procedure and forgot
    to get a provision in there about what was required to close debate. And folks figured out very early, this could be a powerful tool. It was used as a limited tool throughout its history. Sadly, the primary way it was used was to prevent African Americans from achieving civil rights."

When the tea-baggers get into power, this nation will stall more that it is currently snaling along. Those who wish to "Take our country back" will in fact be taking it BACKWARDS. Nothing will pass, no progress will be made, and more morons will be elected...this is the end of a once great nation.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), who is in line to become a powerful committee leader should Republicans take control of the House of Representatives, made some waves last week when he said he wanted to work with President Obama after the midterm elections. “We have a real opportunity to get some things done,” he told the Wall Street Journal. Issa quickly refined his position, however, later telling ABC’s Top Line that “the word ‘compromise’ has been misunderstood.” He clarified that his job will be “getting America back to the center right where it exists.”

morons.

Rep Darrell Issa, you prick, your job is to create and make frickin LAWS, not detect and direct the mood of the people. Thats the frickin president's job you MORONIC IDIOT!

get to work!
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

"...getting America back to the center right where it exists..."

If that quote is correct, it's an "interesting" statement to ponder...
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Dems have had control of both houses since the 2006 election, and the potus since the 2008 election, with a huge majority. We're in worse shape than we were before, and part (part people) of the reason why is the policies of these powers that be. The people were fed up with the inept GOP, and voted this group in. Now, they're fed up with this group of inepts, and are looking for more representive, in touch leadership. The people don't want a political class ruling it. They want all incumbent, establishment, career political types gone for the most part. The notion that we've made "progress" is laughable. We're worse off now than we were before. Fair or not, that's the bottom line. The people do not trust, nor believe in the abilities of the people who are currently in control. When that is the case, heads roll. We've seen it throughout history, and in our recent elections. It is what it is.

I hope the people hold the current crop of new blood to a high standard. I hope the next wave of legislators do what they're promising to do. If they don't cut spending, shrink government, and enforce the laws of the land, I hope they get kicked out too. I don't think the country has the time to waste with more of the same. At some point a default will be uppon us, at our current rate of spending.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

the rest of the world is passing us by, while we stand in gridlock.

Germany unemployment is at only 3 million. Solar panels on almost every rooftop.
    Brazil is almost 100% energy independent.
    China's economy is surging past ours.

here is more of our "forward thinking" republicans:

111 Republican Incumbents And Candidates Want To Eliminate The Department Of Education

(let me guess, they want to "privatize it", better yet....lets OUTSOURCE our education after making it private, that way we can make $$!!!)

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/10/28/eliminate-dept-educ/

we are such a bunch of dip$#!ts.

we have people running for office on a platform of congressional shutdowns and impeachment trials?

brilliant

good bye america.......
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  6. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

7. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

omg, I've been laughing for 10 minutes and can't stop. Thats hilarious. Once I stop laughing, 'll probably cry because the truth is we're destroying the future of our kids.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Education is run by the states. Eliminating the Department of Education does not equal eliminating public funding of education.
  9. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You dare to rant about this when the congress has been lead by Pelosi for 4 years? You're dumber than I thought. :bricks:
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You need look no further than the Prison Industry. States have privatized and outsourced these industries which in turn loby congress for stricter laws to grow the buisness.

Education will be about $$, and profit, not quality of the education.

This will be your bold new america. A place of idiots, educated with profit in mind.

This is just ONE of the many aspects of our future that are being stalled at the present time, and will only move LESS in the next few years.

Energy
    Transportation
    Healthcare
    Infrastructure

Politicians are actually GRANDSTANDING about the fact that they will do nothing when elected.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Didn't our current administration ridicule Germany for not passing all kinds of government spending, in light of the great recession? I thought the German actions to the current economic crisis were more aligned with austerity.

Brazil is so awesome, that half it's country has invaded Everett, Chelsea, Medford, Somerville, etc.

Brazil also likes to drill it's own supply. That, and their climate enables them to make flex fuels from sugar cains I believe, which doesn't work in colder climates.

China pays it's workers $1 a day. Here, we pay janitors for the city of boston $100,000+ per year, and Jersey toll collectors well over $300k. Nice!

Solar panels are great. They really are. People should invest in them if the ROI is sound, or if they simply prefer to.

While I'm not sure I'd eliminate the Deparment of Education, is it truly needed? If so, is it needed in it's current size and scope? States run their own education systems, why the redundancy? BTW, we spend half a trillion dollars on education in this country. That's a lot of dough.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

First of all, the current democratic congress is about the biggest bunch of pu$$ies I've seen in office in my lifetime. You've gotta be $#!tting me with your little attempt at an insult to my logic. Pelosi took impeachment off the table, defunding the war off the table, investiagtions off the table etc.

a Congressional majority while Bush was in office turned into the biggest flip in philosophy of deregulation, Spending,Tax lowering and war of our lifetime. I give those little pices if $#!T credit. They turend out to be 100% destructive, and 100% wrong, but they said they were gunna do something and did it. None of you complained.

I can't say as much for the Dems, and its mostly because of a handful of them. Make no mistake about it, I wish they were more like the republicans during Bush. Pushing through the agenda, and making no bones about it.

now here we are....

a few days away from electing people who believe there is Sharia law in Michigan, people who believe that there is no separation of church and state in the constitution....MORONS to office.

Those who back these bands of idiots are the lost souls. YOU are the same who back the philosophy that brought us here with Deregulation, Wars and tax cuts. YOU are the ones who are electing these absolute idiots to office now.

Thansk for ruining our country, and blaming it on everyone else.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

answer me....

what are we doing as a nation to move the world forward right now?

what are the current batch of candidates doing to move us forward?
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

As opposed to now, a place of idiots educated with unions in mind.

Despite what I consider to be mediocre schools, I'm not proposing a change other that the Department of Education isn't needed. My kids go to public schools, they're OK, no better, no worse. But anyone desperate to preserve the status quo based on great performance is incorrect.
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

what made America great was capitalism and free enterprise. When people had a vision they acted upon it with money and they profited. Now we have a government that imposes way too many restrictions on companies ... when the profit is not so clear investors wafer and he who hesitates is lost.

America does not need Obama and his crew to compete ... they need them to get out of the way ... what a friggin dope this guy is when it comes to knowing how ideas come to fruition and lead to profit and employment. While companies wafer and/or manufacture out of the country you just keep printing money Barry ... keep the presses going full bore you mushroom head.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Dude, it already is for profit. What planet have you been living on?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Not much, and that's the problem. One could argue that we're actually moving in reverse, and have been for a generation at least, if not longer.

Hopefully, they'll do what they're promising to. Reduce the size of government, and the amount of money it spends.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree that it has been going backwards for quit esome time. I had some hope that it would go in a different course in 2008, but the quest for bipartisanship derailed that.

If you think it will go anywhere in the nex 2 years, I've gotta respect your optimism. BUt I think we are looking at 2 years of gridlock.

If that happens, will the supporters of the tea party be just as angry at who they put in office?

my guess is NO.
  19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Nothing the Obama agenda is moving back to the failed centrally planned economies of the last century.
  20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

According to some here
    this country will be great again when we get back to the the 60% income tax bracket.:bricks: