Welcome to PatsFans.com

The newt jumped over the moooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The fac that this guy thinks that such a thing is even remotely possible within 10 years is frightening. I was thinking he'd get my vote against Obama if he won the primary, but now I'm not so sure.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/newt-to-the-moon/

Newt Gingrich really wants to go to the moon — and to Mars. And he would give statehood to a space colony, if it had a big enough population.

But before a I get to that, a quick note about Gingrich’s crowds in Florida: They are enormous and they are enthusiastic. In fact, Gingrich is attracting bigger, more energetic crowds here in Florida than I have seen gathered for any of the candidates in any of the other states so far.

Ok. Back to space. Speaking to a yet another massive crowd in Cocoa Beach, on Florida’s space coast, Gingrich ditched his stump speech and offered his vision of an ambitious new space program. ”By the end of my second term,” Gingrich said, prompting the crowd to erupt in applause, “we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American.”
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Anne Coulter is saying; "If you want to re-elect Obama, Vote Newt".

Also it is reported by highly reliable sources that open marriage will be legal on the moon colony.. swingers are digging this stuff..

[​IMG]
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Has he offered any ideas as to how we're going to be paying for this?
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Self-sustaining program. Prostitution will be legal there too. Ron Paul will be governor. And they won't have the death penalty - they'll just take you for a walk outside.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Jesus Christ, I don't know what to do.
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

"They can send a man to the moon, but they can't cure whatever Newt has..."
    "They can send a man to the moon, but they didn't send Newt..."
    "They can send a man to the moon, but most people want to bring them back home..."

NEWT FOR REPUBLICAN NOMINEE!!!!
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

I know how this is going to work.

They get a bunch of young idealist leaders with can-do spirit...

They give them "psychological tests," to figure out whether they're "fit for moon travel." They weed out anybody with a shred of empathy. They send them to "the moon."

"The moon" is a Capricorn 1 set, and the rockets just go "out there" with no destination...
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

And we'll send a bunch of 3rd graders along to maintain the boiler system and sweep up the trash.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

We could manufacture meth that is more pure.
  10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not a Newt fan but this is a really good idea, someday and someday soon we have to start thinking about the future and the future is in space. I like how people act like its a dumb idea, that how can we pay for it and other things etc etc.....

The same kind of people said it was dumb to try and fly....

The same kind of people said it was dumb to travel across the sea and look for new lands.......

The same kind of people thought it was dumb to build a rocket and go to the moon......

The same people that always try and hold us all back because of their fear....

Our dreams define us, they give us hope and let us grow and let us become something new!

In life we have to take chances, in life we have to grow and move forward! You want to stay the same, have no change take no chances....Well have fun with that! Cause just like all those people that doubted the men and women that took chances, you'll be left with egg on your face and wondering why you didn't take that chance too!

The stars are our future, what used to be Sci-fi is now reality and we move forward and take chances and explore and grow!

Even though Newts a dumbass and has no bizz running for office, this is a great, great! Idea.....
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My friend, you read too much science fiction and not enough science fact.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Sarah Palin attracted huge crowds too. I don't think that meant much when the final votes were tallied. his crowds mean his base supporters are excited and motivated. His base supporters, or anyones base supporters, aren't what win elections. Indies, moderates, and middle of the road swing voters are what do. Newt won't get those votes. He certainly isn't going to win the suburban MILF vote. Those votes are key.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

He is pandering to the space crowd on the east coast of Florida.. difficult to imagine a rejuvenated space program, when a lot of our infrastructure needs repair.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Which sucks beyond belief when you think about it.

The demolition of our space program is a blight on this country and humanity in general. Individual human greed has been able to exert so much force on our society that we can no longer expand our scope and vision because we're so worried about paying the bills. Our mythologies insist that we continue to procreate unabated as the population grows at an unsustainable pace. The wealthy class continue ton exert pressure on the middle and lower classes, demanding "smaller government" and lower taxes, while saying ambitious things like "The free market will provide us with space exploration via the private enterprise system" while stripping NASA- maybe the greatest scientific organization in human history- of its funding and prestige.

I can't finish this discussion, but I just wanted to throw that out.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah but I hope he's thought it all the way. What's he gonna do about the illegal alien problem?

Attached Files:

17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

nyuck nyuck nyuck
  18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Yeah but it's not a big deal, because it will be freeeeee!!!

See if you offer some $25,000 prizes to the free market, they'll magically figure out how to set up and sustain a moon colony, and then, properly incentivized, business will do the rest -- probably for the moon-mining contracts and all... even though it probably doesn't pan out even if you find mountains of solid platinum, given the transport cost...

And if we get that derned OSHA off everybody's back, their suits will get cheaper and cheaper, since nobody will need very good radiation shielding while they're swinging around pick-axes in the vacuum of space...