Welcome to PatsFans.com

The New official Patriots vs Steelers Post game thread.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QuinielaBox, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuinielaBox

QuinielaBox Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This team is as soft as Marshmellows

Where the hell was the fire in the Patriots belly? Where is the Defensive line? Where are the linebackers? Where is our undersized secondary?

Where was the tackling? Where was the toughness? Where was the run blocking? THAT WAS A COMPLETE AND THOROUGH ASS WHIPPING THAT A MEDIOCRE PITTSBURGH TEAM GAVE US TODAY...........

TERRIBLE, JUST TERRIBLE!

This team will go 11 and 5 and not get into the playoffs just like 2008. There are way too many 0 and 1 win teams out there in the race to the bottom and the rights to draft Andrew Luck.

2. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Re: This team is as soft as Marshmellows

Are you trying to compliment the D with your title?

I can't tell.

3. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

OK, let's start another one as the other thread got screwed up by my merging some of the threads together. I apologize for that.

However I will say that people were posting threads rapid fire with "thoughts' that really don't deserve there own thread. They were just venting and ranting threads. If the board is a mess now, you should have seen it before. All people have to do is post on the threads provided.

If they have to vent or rant, do it on the game or post game threads. And why bump old threads from the back pages just to maybe make yourself look smart or someone else look not so smart?

So here is the new Post game thread. Go ahead and vent and rant and make all the observation on the today's game that you want. Just keep it clean and on topic.

Certainly if you have some information or insight that is brand spanking new, start a new discussion thread.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 1 / -0

The Pats were surprised and out-executed. They don't need coaching changes, and they don't need personnel changes. They just need to be more prepared for things that they're not as prepared for.

When was the last time the Steelers used primarily man coverage in a game? I'd be willing to bet this was the first time in years. Yes, literally years. Same with Ben's quick passing style. The Steelers' schemes this game were about the exact opposite of what we've seen out of them on offense since Ben has been there and on defense since LeBeau has been there. The Pats were unprepared at first, but were down two scores before they could adjust at all.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  5. BradyToAmendola

BradyToAmendola Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +37 / 6 / -3

I don't see how people disagree with Belichick's decision to onside kick it. Up to that point the Patriots hadn't forced a punt ALL GAME. I repeat: the Patriots hadn't forced a punt all game. What makes you think it would magically change in the final 2 minutes?

Also, even after the onside kick, we still had a chance to stop them. We gave up a 1st down. So BB was proven right.

6. robbomango

robbomango In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

What happened to The official Coltriots post game thread?:rolleyes:

7. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Everything is good. See you homo sapiens in Indy!

8. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm still trying to figure out how we only lost that game by 8. We truly got our asses handed to us.

It's a long season though, the Steelers themselves caught a major beatdown week 1 from the Ravens and people declared them old/slow/done, now they are the #1 team in the AFC. We can turn it around, it all starts with the Giants next week.

We just need to survive the next 4 games with a 2-2 record or better and the last 5 games are all very winnable while our defense gels. Only tough team in that stretch is the Bills and it's at Gillette. I'd love to see this team kind of fly under the radar winning 2 of the next 4, then win the last 5 to finish 12-4. In this conference, that should be good enough for the 2 seed at least.

9. makoute

makoute In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0

So at what point should the coaches have adjust to what they were seeing on the field?

10. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the team could use some help in the secondary.

11. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +368 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

1) I don't know what the Offensive and Defensive games plans were, but I can tell you what they weren't:
    Defense: Play Miller like you played Gates and Witten. The guy is just as dangerous.

Offense: Let's use the run to set up the pass since Pitt is missing some of their better LBers. Double team Woodley to keep him off Brady. Use screens to the WRs, TEs, and RBs to nullify the pass rush. Hit Gronk and Hernandez in stride on the throws up the seam. Hit them early. Also, let's try and hit Branch or Welker on the same play that Branch torched them with way back.. Be a great way to start..

2) Molden spent much of the time playing off the outside receiver with Arrington covering the slot. Molden clearly doesn't belong out there. He was playing too far off way too much.. Why was Bodden cut again??

3) Ryan Clark needs to be fined and fined heavily. He's as bad as his chum, Harrison. Clark should have been tossed for this hit on Gronkowski because it was flagrant. And he'd already hit Faulk, helmet to helmet, earlier.

4) Ihedigbo showed that he's not the answer at safety. The Pats have one good safety. Chung. The rest are just special teamers who try to play the part and just aren't very good at it.

12. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'll just repost a comment that I made earlier.

I think the onside kick was just dumb in that situation. even if it had worked to perfection it was not the smart thing to do. That was saying to the D, we don't trust you. Makes a bad situation worse.

13. Hardboiled

Hardboiled Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I didn't mind the call. It was the embarrassingly bad execution of it that bothered me. So much for all the hype about practicing every scenario. A player next the kicker is offsides and the ball goes 5 yards. Mercy.

14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,719 / 76 / -75

Disable Jersey

I hope that whatever planet you are contacting Earth from is a pleasant one.

15. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think you can talk about scheme, adjustments, etc. all you want. At the end of the day the Pats lack talent on defense. Wilfork was the only above average talent on that side of the ball today (a healthy Mayo would be 2). Outside of that it is a bunch of role players and JAGs.

16. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

I'm not sure I understand this team's strategy for reinforcing what's been a major issue at the secondary position since their SB days. They've tried to go through the draft and failed miserably with the exception of McCourty. They could have gone hard after Asomugha this offseason and had one of the best 1-2 the secondary. Instead they wasted free agent money on guys like Ochocinco.

17. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I agree it was the wrong call. Luckily it didn't end up being the difference though becase the defense did give up the 1st down and Pitt ran the clock down to 28 seconds

18. BradyToAmendola

BradyToAmendola Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +37 / 6 / -3

I disagree. It's not about making sure you don't hurt a unit's feelings. It's about winning. What did you see in that game up to that point that gave you confidence the Patriots would force a 3 and out?

19. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

An obvious gameplan on offense by Pitt
    Short passas all day long
    Pats defense can't tackle for shiit

2 weeks of coaching preparation
    Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB needs Romeo to coach up the defense
    Cutting malcontents without back filling is ego unleashed

One and done again in the playoffs
    Yet another year of Brady excellence wasted

20. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +651 / 6 / -9

I was delighted to see that after drafting 2 RBs, we decided to use neither (particularly the one who has been running with success all year when given opportunities), and instead decided to go with the 35-year-old coming off PUP who can't run. I understand you want him in for blitz pickup, but still.

Also: having perused the game thread on my BlackBerry, I'm at a loss as to why BendButDontBreak37 is still allowed to post on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.