Welcome to PatsFans.com

The New Global Recession Has Begun...Hold on Tight

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Sep 12, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, whether you see it or not, it's here and it's gonna get worse, so hold on tight folks and adjust your investments before they all tank.

Que shmessy enters here....;)

Sharp Trade Slowdown Set to Wallup Canadian GDP

Sharp trade slowdown set to wallop GDP - The Globe and Mail

Europe is in recession which is going to get much deeper.....

Australia is imploding as I write this....

China's economy is melting down and their newly appointed party leader is missing (the guy supposedly vanished mysteriously)

And then we have the US economy....as our political leaders and business analysts whistle in the dark as if this recession could possibly pass us by...it won't and it can't.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

Stock up on water, food, and ammo fellas.

3. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +910 / 14 / -29

yeah, but the iPhone5 is here.......

we're back baby.........15M new jobs in China and one whole percent added to our GDP.....

we're good until March

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Nah the dems are telling us the economy is turning the corner, Michelle, Billy BJ, Drunk Joe and Obozo said so at the convention and we know they wouldn't lie.... ;)

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

The Summah of Recovery....

6. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Some of us were predicting this back in 2006-2008... it was inevitable... so to suggest liberals are "pretending the economy is turning the corner" is horse****.

Maybe if Team boy king and all his little men didn't deregulate the Western World, there wouldn't be $100 trillion in inflated fake trading (betting) ruining the global economy. Then there's two unfunded wars and Medicare Plan B no one wants to talk about. Great ideas.

Surely, Obama should have been able to waive his magic wand and fix everything their heroes left America to clean up.

It doesn't matter. No matter who wins in Nov., this country is doomed. That's because it continues to adhere to a myth - infinite growth - and the same policies that support that myth.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,811 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Trade gap is widening also:

Trade gap widens; imports, exports both fall | CapeCodOnline.com

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I think P13 was referring liberal POLITICIANS....not all liberals. And the reality is, Obama's administration is treating our citizens like children regarding the true nature of our economic condition.

They need to be absolutely realistic and stop acting as if "We can't handle the truth!" If there is one thing they owe the people of this country is the truth on the economy.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

So basically "boy king" deserves tons of blame, and Obama doesn't? Hmm... So what deregulation, or specific policies are you referring to with respect to "boy king"? Most people tend to believe that the demise of our system started decades ago, and over the years has snow balled into the **** storm we've experienced of late. I happen to be one of them. I think there are lots of hands in the cookie jar so to speak. Hands connected to subprime lending, monetary policy, the artificial manipulation of interest rates, the welfare state, free trade agreement, tax policy, immigration, cheap-free-and-easy credit, pushing loans on people who shouldn't have ever had one, government spending, etc. There is no one individual who's to blame for our collapse. There are lots of people.

Politicians aren't interested in the truth. They're only interested in their own vision for the country, and the prospects of themselves, and their party moving forward. If politicians truly cared about the country and it's citizens above all else, we'd have a sealed border, wouldn't be the world police, sound monetary policy, and drastically reduced budget that we could actually afford. Tell me one party who is actually in favor of any of that? :mad:

11. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What is this PR #18th or #19th time this was gonna happen?

Sky is still in the air! Check!
    Water is still in the lakes and oceans! Check!
    Sun is still up and its a very nice day! Check!
    Chicken little still running around, claiming the sky is falling! Check!

Everything is gonna be ok PR, life will go on and things might fall and things might be rebuilt but one thing is for sure, life goes on!

So the markets crash?
    So governments crash?

What's new? This has been happening for 1000's of years, guess what? Life goes on! Now you can sit there and worry about the "End of times" or you can go out and live your life, if I were you I would go out and live your life....

No matter what happens, life will go on and so will we! Don't be scared of the future, embrace it, learn from it, be a better person because of it.

Stock up on food and water all you want, buy as many guns as you want, you remember back in 2000? All those people buying guns,food,water and underground bunkers? How's that working out? lmfao.....

12. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +910 / 14 / -29

[​IMG]

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The only thing that hasn't crashed lately is the stock market...which is NOT the economy. And the ONLY reason that hasn't crashed is because it's been artificially inflated by QE1 & QE2.

One does not look at the stock market to see how our economy is doing....and it hasn't done well in 5 years now.

It seems these post bother you, so I'll have to post more of them!:D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Best post I've read in a while....

15. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +910 / 14 / -29

not all that true.......the stock market is doing ok because there is still a healthy circulaiton of currency happeneing. most companys valuations are sound based on pre dot com hype (to me the biggest one being a P/E of about 20)

fact is, that the private sector will thrive or not on its own merits as the private sector is now so much bigger than anything the government can control.......globalization has made it possible for domestic companies to thrive in any local market condition.

a stagnation of growth is a good thing in China.......they need ot learn to operate with limitations like the rest of the world.

we all need new cell phones anyway since they are already a few months old

16. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Did Obama crush oversight of the banking laws and defund the DoJ on financial crime? Ooops, nope.

For a concise, easy-to-understand list of fact-by-fact points? See the film "Inside Job", about the 2008 Wall St. crash, narrated by Matt Damon.

It's Bush era deregulation which ignited the storm. You've got former Lehman and Goldman execs admitting it.

The rest of the issues you list are mole hills to the mountain.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

No he sued banks in the 90's and supported Clinton's expansion of CRA which held a gun to the banks to make loans to unqualified buyers which led to the mortgage meltdown 10 years later.

He also decried (megar) attempts by the Bush administration to try to correct the problem.

Yeah B Frank, & C Dodd were innocent bystanders and Clinton didn't approve repealing Glass Stegall act or expanding the CRA and the threatening of banks by his regulators. :rolleyes:

18. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Ah yes, the CRA myth, which affected some 5-6% of all subprime loans.

So, "decrying" affects policy now? Also, what did Bush attempt? Citation please, or stop posting on the matter.

Straw man much? This is the kind of hijack icy usually removes from my posts and installs an obnoxious image in place of. But, different when you do it.

Mod Edit: Only when you attack the messenger ... not the message PC.

I would never censor political opinion ... that is what the forum is for.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It doesn't bother me, your free to speak your mind.....You just sound like a broken record......

You've been saying stuff like this for years, before QE1 and QE2, mind you. I go our sometimes after work, you know what I see? People spending money like crazy, buying new cars,houses,TV's,lazy boys,going out to pricey joints and eating, all shorts of things, the rescission is over......let alone another crash.

This world you live in, is it nice? Cause the real world is still here anytime you want to come back!;)

If you want to live in fear, that's your choice but rest assured life will move on with or without you, the boat is leaving and you and a ton of others are gonna be left behind if you don't overcome your fear.

Even a broken clock is right two times a day PR, I could say everyday there is going to be a flood and someday it will flood and i'll be right. Dose that make me right or does it mean i'm just pissing in the wind?:bricks:

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

:rolleyes:

He supported the policies that led to the problem.... :rolleyes:

Frannie and Freddy getting into the sub prime market ring a bell?

Raines of course was a Clinton political hack who got a golden parachute when the collapse happened.