Welcome to PatsFans.com

The new 9/11 movies

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,586 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

Is anyone here interested in seeing Oliver Stone's new 9/11 film "World Trade Center"? How about "United 93"? I, for one, have absolutely NO interest in seeing the 9/11 tragedy dramatized as Hollywood entertainment. (And no, Harry, "Fahrenheit 9/11" is not included in that category -- it's a documentary.) The pain of that day is still too stark and heavy for me to patronize those films. I think a lot of folks feel the same, as "United 93" got great reviews but reportedly tanked at the box office. Stone's new flick is getting good reviews too, but I wonder how it'll do.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  2. Geeza32

Geeza32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope it tanks. Cage is a terrible actor.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

I also have no interest in "ANYTHING" Hollywood does especially Oliver Stone.

At 9:00 AM on the day of 9/11 I started taping, I kept taping until 10:30 PM I and all other Americans know the "Real 9/11" I have no desire to watch Oliver Stones Sh!t.

I wonder if the Clintons will see it, that whole day was planned all through the nineties while they were playing sex games with the movie stars.

Clinton had eight years---Bush had eight months.

"Fahrenheit" is "Moore Sh!t", he found a way to bleed the Bush Haters out of millions, good luck to him, the fat bastard didn't get my Four Bucks :rocker:

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you have the part where Dan Rather exclaimed "Great Balls of Fire!"

I swear I am not making that up.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

No I started with NBC and stayed all day with it I didn't have cable at the time, that sounds like something that fool would come up with.

Rather interviewd Clinton when Clinton was playing around with Monica and he got so excited he babbled to Billy, "oh Mr President if we all could only be like you", I don't know how CBS did it but that has completely disapeared from the records, they were talking about it the other day on MSNBC.