Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Networks and Obama-rama: a symbiotic relationship

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In his own words, Barack O'Bama reveals his view of his "special relationship" with the nets. Need further proof of the "dominant media culture"?? In bed, literally, with the O-man:

[size=+4]Obama and networks: a symbiotic relationship[/size]

By DAVID BAUDER – 12 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Even President Barack Obama, a gleam in his eye as he talked at the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner two weeks ago, seemed to recognize the special relationship he's forged with TV networks in the opening months of his administration.

"A few nights ago I was up tossing and turning and trying to figure out exactly what to say," he said. "Finally, when I couldn't get back to sleep, I rolled over and asked Brian Williams what he thought."

The reference to the NBC anchor and host of the prime-time "Inside the Obama White House" special this spring drew loud laughter.

There's no denying that broadcast networks and the president have occasionally worked for their mutual benefit: Obama gets public platforms for his ideas and the networks get programming that delivers strong ratings at a time when that's hard to come by.

The Associated Press: Obama and networks: a symbiotic relationship

<Sniff... sniff...... is that gunpowder I smell out in Lexington and Concord??? >

//