PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The negativity in this town still sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't tell me this town ain't got no heart...you just got to poke around.

Jerry Thornton has become one of my favorite sports writers this past season: a breath of fresh air amidst all the noise.

That's as accurate a take as they get.

That was a great article!

This season has been phenomenal win or lose this Sunday.

That article sucked, worse thing EVER.

That article sucked, worse thing EVER.

):p

This article should be displayed on the back page of every newspaper in town, read aloud on every sports radio station and displayed prominently in the PatsFans Hall of Fame.

The worst part of the negativity is how it could potentially lead to Belichick leaving town for friendlier pastures. We're witnessing perhaps the greatest coach and quarterback in the history of the NFL in the midst of perhaps the most successful runs in the history of the NFL.

IF ever there was a team worthy of drinking the coolaid, this is the one!

When Bill Belichick and Tom Brady retire (hopefully in another 10+ years :) ), they will be up there with guys like Larry Bird, Ted Williams, David Ortiz, Bobby Orr, ect ect. I can't wait for the Lombardi Trophy to be renamed the Belichick Trophy.

Great article, one that has me second-guessing myself.

I've kept thinking "damn... my instincts tell me the Ravens beat us this Sunday", but that's mainly the negativity about the Patriots defense I've seen this year. Thinking about the crushing losses and the "here we go again" mentality. But I've said before, as have many of my fellow Pats fans, that we need to appreciate the success we've had and cherish it now while it's still happening.

Our Patriots are in the AFC championship, and speaking for myself here, it doesn't feel as magic or improbably as the '96 or '01 seasons did. It was more like "this is where they should be anyway", and sadly I still feel that. I feel like we were deprived of a SB championship LAST year, courtesy of the Jets, and this year's team should make up for it. But it's a dangerous mentality, one of entitlement, one born of the bar being raised too high. I catch myself in these moments and feel shame, because I lose sight of the big picture.

I'm damn proud to be a Patriots fan. I remember when we were awful, and when we were great, and even when we were just kind of okay. For the majority of us here, we were fans long before Belichick and Brady joined the fray, and we'll be fans long after they're gone. But I'm glad they're here now, and Thornton is right, we should enjoy the ride while we can. That's what I intend to do when I go to Gillette Stadium this Sunday for my first ever playoff game. It's not every day I can see my favorite team play a home game with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. It's an opportunity I refuse to take for granted.

Complaining about negativity is still complaining...

Sounds like he's talking about almost every gameday thread I've read here.

C'mon, I think it is valid to put out that three of the four teams that are still alive are defense first teams and the Pats blew it to be offense first. I see no negativity in this town. Belichick deserves what he got. If the Pats had a defense, they would still have a shot to win the Super Bowl and not watching the AFCCG on their couches at home.

I didn't expect it from the title but I enjoyed that article. Teaches us how lucky we are. If we just focus on negativity it crushes the joy out of what the Pats are accomplishing. We are ONE game away from the Superbowl! Throw away the negative for a while and focus on the positive! We have a great chance of winning!! Go Pats!!

Thanks for posting the link. Really good read. I agree with the entire article

C'mon, I think it is valid to put out that three of the four teams that are still alive are defense first teams and the Pats blew it to be offense first.

Don't look now, but the Giants are a big-time offense first team. You're thinking of their reputation, not who they really are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back