PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NE Fountain of Youth (Locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we've already heard Ivan's opinion of swapping #6 for #32 or burn down 345 Park Ave. so what are you're expectations of what Roger will do?

Just curious, was this the extent of your take on deflategate as well?

"Oh well, Goodell is going to screw them so just take it." Because if you actually made an argument in deflategate then you are a complete hypocrite.

Well, we've already heard Ivan's opinion of swapping #6 for #32 or burn down 345 Park Ave. so what are you're expectations of what Roger will do?

Actually what I provided was facts, all you have given is your opinion without any substance to back out up.

I have actually laid out the reasons for awarding the Patriots a high pick. You have answered with absolutely nothing. You are great at making proclamations but you suck at backing any of them up.
Seriously dude, chill. The Bears and 49ers swapped 3rds (#70 for #75) for the Briggs case in 2008. The Lions and Chiefs swapped 5ths (#140 for #154) in 2011. Those are the only 2 cases where punishment has being given out with regards to tampering.

The Jets have no 5th or 6th Rd picks this year and our 7th is higher than theirs. A swap of 4ths (#104 for #131 with comp projections included) would in fact be a stiffer penalty than the 2 previous cases if you go by any draft value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

#70 (240 pts) for #75(215 pts)=25 pts
#140 (36 pts) for #154(29.8 pts)=6.2 pts
#104 (86 pts) for #131(41 pts)=45 pts

You're proclamation of #6(1600 pts) for #32(590 pts) would represent a 1010 pt swing. Do you seriously think that is in any way realistic?

Cunningham shot his mouth off like Woody. The Briggs illegal contact with the agent was in fact proven. So far no hard evidence has come forth in this investigation besides Woody's comments. For the moment it's all speculation on your part and you're calling for an unprecedented punishment. Sounds nice, but I'm not holding my breath with this commish. If we get screwed out of any compensation I'll be pissed, but I'm also trying to be intelligent enough to temper my expectations. I think a swap of 4ths is a reasonable expectation.

This seems more along the lines of what you're looking for:

angry mob.jpg

Just curious, was this the extent of your take on deflategate as well?

"Oh well, Goodell is going to screw them so just take it." Because if you actually made an argument in deflategate then you are a complete hypocrite.
Are you and Andy Johnson related?

I am going to lock this thread because it is no longer about the subject but an argument about an non-related topic

Seriously dude, chill. The Bears and 49ers swapped 3rds (#70 for #75) for the Briggs case in 2008. The Lions and Chiefs swapped 5ths (#140 for #154) in 2011. Those are the only 2 cases where punishment has being given out with regards to tampering.

The Jets have no 5th or 6th Rd picks this year and our 7th is higher than theirs. A swap of 4ths (#104 for #131 with comp projections included) would in fact be a stiffer penalty than the 2 previous cases if you go by any draft value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

#70 (240 pts) for #75(215 pts)=25 pts
#140 (36 pts) for #154(29.8 pts)=6.2 pts
#104 (86 pts) for #131(41 pts)=45 pts

You're proclamation of #6(1600 pts) for #32(590 pts) would represent a 1010 pt swing. Do you seriously think that is in any way realistic?

Cunningham shot his mouth off like Woody. The Briggs illegal contact with the agent was in fact proven. So far no hard evidence has come forth in this investigation besides Woody's comments. For the moment it's all speculation on your part and you're calling for an unprecedented punishment. Sounds nice, but I'm not holding my breath with this commish. If we get screwed out of any compensation I'll be pissed, but I'm also trying to be intelligent enough to temper my expectations. I think a swap of 4ths is a reasonable expectation.

This seems more along the lines of what you're looking for:

View attachment 8968

You're right, Schefter made up the reports that the Jets were having high level discussions about signing Revis and your cousin Manish just magically came up with the exact contact they gave Revis a week before it was offered.

The Cunningham case isn't even close other than in your mind.

You're right, Schefter made up the reports that the Jets were having high level discussions about signing Revis and your cousin Manish just magically came up with the exact contact they gave Revis a week before it was offered.

The Cunningham case isn't even close other than in your mind.
Did you try that phone # I posted for you? Mehta calls for nothing and he's a Jest honk. I have a picture in my avatar of the Lombardi's from the Patriots HOF, 4300 posts on Patsfans where I've been a member since 2001 and think we should be compensated for tampering, but because my expectations aren't wildly unrealistic like yours now I'm anti-Patriot somehow.

Did you remember to take your pills this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back