PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The National Championship Game.

I think I'm going to enjoy watching Clinton-Dix next year. Also has the best name in CFB.

Wrote this before the INT.

Message to BB.

Do not draft Zeke Motta!

I think I'm going to enjoy watching Clinton-Dix next year. Also has the best name in CFB.

Wrote this before the INT.

Seems like he surpassed Sunseri. He's a beast though. Hugely talented ball hawk.

Oh great. Now Nix is down.

I haven't been one to complain about our OL. But, Barrett Jones is really impressive. Warmack is way out of our range. But, Jones would have make you go hmmmmmm. A dominant center is a nice thing to have.

I'm re-watching the KLM injury play and it doesn't look good. He tries to jump and he right knee buckles inward (to the left.) I'm no doctor but it looks like a ACL and MCL to me. He's already grabbing it before his hits the ground. Again, I'm not a doctor.

Just awful.

So who honestly thought Barrett Jones was going to take on Louis Nix III one-on-one this much and hold his own? I'm greatly impressed by his performance.

Seems like he surpassed Sunseri. He's a beast though. Hugely talented ball hawk.

Oh great. Now Nix is down.

Every year it seems Alabama is recruiting the top 2 or 3 DB's in the country. That pipeline is just crazy.

I haven't been one to complain about our OL. But, Barrett Jones is really impressive. Warmack is way out of our range. But, Jones would have make you go hmmmmmm. A dominant center is a nice thing to have.

Add in the fact that he would also be a dominant OG or even serviceable RT and you couldn't ask for much more out of an O-lineman.

Every year it seems Alabama is recruiting the top 2 or 3 DB's in the country. That pipeline is just crazy.

Feels like you could say that for like half the positions out there. Their RB's all have that insanely powerful look.

and he has line versatility...which BB loves.

Nix has been abusing Jones.

Yup. Jones is really overrated.

Edit: Actually that's not fair. He's very versatile and very smart but I think he get's beaten far too easily and too often. I may very well be wrong but I have a late 2nd/3rd grade on him.

Last edited:
Feels like you could say that for like half the positions out there. Their RB's all have that insanely powerful look.
and for a running team theyve had some good receivers through there...julio jones...now cooper looking good...and that probably their weakest position.

McCarrons girlfriend even looks a little bit like Gisele.

and for a running team theyve had some good receivers through there...julio jones...now cooper looking good...and that probably their weakest position.

Could you imagine if Dorial Green-Beckham had of committed there :popcorn:

Yup. Jones is really overrated.

Edit: Actually that's not fair. He's very versatile and very smart but I think he get's beaten far too easily and too often. I may very well be wrong but I have a late 2nd/3rd grade on him.

Don't take anything away from Nix either. He dominates everyone, not just Jones.

I think you also have to take into account Jones foot injury as well. While he may not be dominant, he is going up against an elite DT one on one, is holding his own and allowing Warmack to get down field and take Te'o out of the game. I think that's all you can really ask for out of a C against an elite NT, just do your job to allows those around you to do theirs as well.

Don't take anything away from Nix either. He dominates everyone, not just Jones.
Yep, Nix is another reason I fully expect Belichick to get at least one extra first round pick next year. That class is looking loaded, and there are enough flashy players that Nix should be a steal for someone.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back