Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Myths and reality of illegal immigration..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 27, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

From an unexpected source this morning, the Deseret Times from that very red state.. interesting take on some of the myths surrounding illegal immigration along with a few facts..

If you take away the hysteria, half truths and the comments of the wife swapping mediots than perhaps an intelligent discussion can ensue.. probably never happen.

Fact or fiction? The myths and realities of illegal immigration | Deseret News

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

No one should be surpized that there are some exagerations myths and half truths. There always is when partisans blow their horns about something they want or don't want. Statistics are spun this way and that way to make their points. While I think this should be exposed I think they go to far trying to make the point. Cripes the way some of them are highlighted you'd think that the more illegals that sneak in the better off we are. Rapes and violent crimes go down down go etc. etc. This stuff drives me crazy. Millions are here now, and many more are on the way with no end in site. It's only a matter of time when we won't be able to spin the statistics to hide the problem. Instead of really trying to address this its argued that it'a ll just in our heads and the most effective border control policy around is simply to demonize AZ.

It sounds like this: "What do you think should be done about the millions of illegals that continue to sneak in our country with no end in site?" Answer: "Well AZ is racist".
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,783 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Not sure where I stand on the whole issue, but find the lies that are perpetuated on a daily basis concerning.. there are segments of society who tell us what we want to hear, and try to convince us what to believe..

The challenge is getting beyond the indoctrination and finding the facts...
  5. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,783 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

It's somewhere in between. Lies are perpetuated on both sides (for and against). Not every illegal immigrant is looking to blow up a dam, but not every illegal immigrant is looking to say the Pledge of Allegiance, work, and pay his taxes at the same time.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

They break our laws the minute they step across the border ILLEGALLY-ILLEGALLY-ILLEGALLAY.

If I get caught doing something illegal I am at the mercy of law, America is full of Law Abiding Legal Immigrants they worked hard to be Americans I wonder how they feel.

The real Racists are the Illegal Aliens the Politicians and the stinking Left wing Liberal Do-Gooders that have turned it Racial.

Hispanics are being stereotyped because 99.9% of Illegal Aliens are Hispanic.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO ENTER AMERICA ILLEGALLY

IF PRESIDENT JUG EARS GRANTS AMNESTY TO AMERICA'S ILLEGAL ALIENS HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

And once again we start our day with hyperbole, gross exaggeration and lies from our favorite resident hysteric.

Even Ultra Conservative Right-Wing Fabricator-of-Truth Breitbart tries harder to stay closer to the truth than you do you, Harry.

Tuesday's report by the Pew Hispanic Center said Mexicans make up 56 percent of illegal immigrants. An additional 22 percent come from other Latin American countries, mainly in Central America. About 13 percent are from Asia, and Europe and Canada combine for 6 percent.

Number of Illegal Immigrants Hits 12M
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I said nothing about "Mexican"

The cops know who they're looking for, we all know who they're looking for and the Illegal Aliens know who they're looking for, so does "Jug Ears"
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

You said, "Hispanic." Where do you think Hispanics come from, Harry, if not from Mexico or parts of Central America? Africa, Japan, Canada, maybe?

56 + 22 does not equal 99.9.

Nice try, though. Especially that part where you try to wiggle out of it.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Stop somebody on the street and ask them "where do illegal aliens come from"
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

The 9/11 dummys would tell you Illegal Aliens come from "the moon"

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "how did you know that bastard was an illegal alien"
    "because he looks like one"
    "oh"
    "hey mom look there's another one"
    "i know dear they're everywhere"
    "yea, lets go to mcdonalds mom"
    "ok"
  13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,783 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

So basically, 76% (and that's not taking into account that this number may be flawed and that rate may very well be higher) of all illegal immigrants in America are hispanic. That woud be the vast majority, would it not?
  14. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Facts:
    EVERY illegal immigrant is a criminal
    A majority of illegal (and legal) immigrants in Arizona are from Mexico
    The entire issue has blown up to be just another partisan talking point
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

The Mrs knows who the majority of Illegal Aliens are just as the whole country does.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the world of liberalism! Where you have to pretend the average illegal is just as likely to be Ukrainian as Mexican. Otherwise, you're a racist, bigot, nazi, etc, etc.
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I've been saying some of this from the article here for several years now. I know many Latin-Americans - illegal and legal. Most are good people who come here to work and support their families. Their criminal numbers are either the same as the rest of the population or better but I doubt they are worse. I liked the Bush plan proposal of several years ago ... too bad it got stuck in election politics - these people are good for this country.

Many of these people are very religious and seek to be a part of society. Family is very important to them - it's not uncommon at a party to see 2nd, 3rd and even 4th cousins - the bigger the family the better. This also goes for their relations in their communities.

The income tax issue is a very murky issue really because their numbers are not compared to other nationalities that send money out of the country. Some here would be surprised at the amount of money that leaves this country and goes to communist countries. For many years single men have married a foreign living wife in a communist country and sent money back home that way ... also these women get the man's retirement income. A study of all nationalities would serve that debate better.

Lastly ... some simple common sense on the issue would be best.

If you were in this country illegally ... would you want to cause a disturbance of any kind? The last thing you need is to deal with the police. Most of these people work and go home ... afraid to venture into the public for fear of being deported. They tend to keep to themselves and their families and local communities.

I have met many types of people in my life ... guess I'm just used to it but I look upon my Latino friends as being more open and honest overall than many Americans. It's a different experience that is hard to explain unless you know many of them yourself.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

And had you said just that, Harry, I would not have said a thing....but that's not what you said, was it?

Try writing the truth sometime - you might find people far more agreeable - and open a real discussion.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

99.9% is "the majority" I would assume.

I have never been there (I understand many visitors get Diarrhea) but what I see from the Invasion of America and the Exodus of 12 million people willing to break the law and put their very lives in jeprody Mexico must be one of the biggest sh!t holes on the planet.

What would the Mexican government do if Ten Thousand "white bastards" from New Jersey snuck into Mexico ..........:confused:
  20. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The whole purpose of letting illegal immigration out of control is to eventually get the North American Union with the new currency Amero implemented - btw, the Council on Foreign Relations has been the one behind this draconian agenda. They've admitted this on their web site.

Yes, I agree with the above posters that the Latino community are pretty nice people. My parents have hired some of them to do work on our home, and they did a fantastic job.

But just wanted to point out that the REAL engineers behind this are some very high level people in government et al like the CFR - who have infiltrated Congress, our education system, and yes, even our churches(ie-Rick Warren and Richard Land) to spread alot of propaganda to condition people around them to accept these kinds of draconian agendas.