PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mystery of Keith Darbut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The UDFA from Baldwin Wallace that quite a few of us were interested in got cut by the Bengals before their first preseason game. I tried to find out what happened, unsuccessfully, and all I could find was a video of the Bengals linebackers working in pass coverage. They showed each player once and when it was Darbut's turn he was glued to the receiver's back and knocked the ball away. Here's a guy that's 6'4", 229 lbs. and on his pro-day, was timed twice in the 40, once at 4.38 and once at 4.40. I'd still love to bring him in and let him compete with Anderson as outside rushers. How many guys have those numbers? (Oh, by the way, he did great on the bench press.)

This year every team has so little time to check out players, but I'd love to give this kid a chance.

Few guys have those numbers. Even fewer have those numbers and can play.

Why isn't Usain Bolt in the NFL? He's really tall and runs super fast. It's a possibility that you're overlooking something. Maybe he sucks at football.

Last edited:
His numbers remind me of Vince Redd, who at 6'6" and 260 lbs, ran a 4.54 40 yard dash and then went on to become an All-Pro OLB for the Pats.

Oh wait...

A member over at Bengal's forum said, Dontay Moch suffered a foot injury and wouldn't be surprised to see Darbut be recalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes