PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Most Overrated DLine in Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I put someone on ignore?

It's all talk. The truth is very simple. He signed his big fat contract, and he likes to spend his time out of state doing nothing more than staying at an elite level. Homers and fans made excuses for him.....talked about how his job was unseen and thus more important than we could tell. Bull, the guy is not getting it done.

He's about 60 percent of what he was, and he should be cut when his contract comes up (unless he takes a pay cut).

Agreed, looks like to me he has been living too much of the good life. 1st he got the fame, then he got the fortune and now he is lazy, fat and playing to not get injured, looking out for himself only.

RS is living off past laurels.

Agreed, looks like to me he has been living too much of the good life. 1st he got the fame, then he got the fortune and now he is lazy, fat and playing to not get injured, looking out for himself only.

RS is living off past laurels.

Lets be honest....Seymour like to take off down south in the offseason and hang with his family. That's his right, but it seems like he spends to much time out there, and he has become lazy. He is not even close to the player he was years back, and injuries are no longer a good excuse. Seymour claims to be in the shape of his life, yet he does nothing.

Richard has his rings, he has his money, and he would rather hang out on his couch down south than put in the work to be a top player in the NFL.

Last edited:
And one of the highest paid in the league:

New-England-Patriots Salaries | New-England-Patriots Player Salaries | 2008 New-England-Patriots Salary

Seymour isn't earning 1/8 of this salary..............

As I said in another thread, you don't understand the difference between Salary, money paid, and the salary cap. Until you do, please don't make comments. You just make yourself look foolish.

Seymour isn't one of the highest paid in the league. He has a high salary cap number, but isn't one of the highest paid. In fact, Seymour's salary is the vet minimum for the number of year's he's been in the league.

I have to say they're a bit overrated as well and the lack of quality corners is exposing them. They are decent enough against the run but their pass rush is seriously lacking. The Pats defense is a lot like the Giants defense of last year except the Pats don't have apply the pressure on the QB like the Giants did to mask their problems in the secondary. Subsequently, any team with a proficient deep passing game is going to light them up.

With your original premise that they are over rated because teams are running right at Warren - of course they do. The Chargers team ran 28 times for 98 yards. And a couple of chunks of that came late. They passed for over 300...against a defense schemed to stop the run and Gates ..

I agree with your point on Warren because the OP referred to Warren specifically but the post includes criticism of the entire DL, as does the thread title.

After two poor performances, I cannot disagree with that portion of the scathing criticism anymore.

Thats why I wonder about your other points on how good we were in stopping the run and how the defense was schemed to stop the run/Gates. How relevant are these when the opponent was able to shred us in the air (as you point out - 300 yds)?

What if we focus on stopping the throwing for the next game and find the opponent shredding us in the running game? Will you be content pointing out that we stopped them from throwing?? I don't think so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back