PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The most important test of the young season (very short post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like saying things like "remember this" or directly to state how important something is, but remember this, it's very important. The single most important thing the Patriots, as a team, had to prove is that they could win an ugly dog fight in the last 7:50 of a game against a damn good opponent. This is a young team and they need to learn how to win. They won. The best teams win games this like one. Before you complain, remember that games like these were how championships were won. The pink hats can keep the offense. I'll take a swarming d and clutch drives any day.

Great post man. Hopefully the team can build off this win and continue to get better!

Wins like today build character....this team took a big step today

totally agree with all the posts. Nothing better than a win on defense! My only complaint is why do we not play aggressive defense like that when up by 2 scores? Awesome D!!

I don't like saying things like "remember this" or directly to state how important something is, but remember this, it's very important. The single most important thing the Patriots, as a team, had to prove is that they could win an ugly dog fight in the last 7:50 of a game against a damn good opponent.

This is a young team and they need to learn how to win.

They won.

The best teams win games this like one.

Before you complain, remember that games like these were how championships were won.

The pink hats can keep the *"30 Points a Game" offense.

I'll take a swarming d and clutch drives any day.

*Editorial Addition. :D

I'm with you, 1000%, Bro.

Indeed, your statement is just about VERBATIM what I said to my Bro, a little while ago.

I've been rooting ~ ALOUD ~ for that "30 Points a Game" doggerel to end for a LONG time. :cool:

INFLECTION POINT, Gentlemen.

REMEMBER this one.

Tough game, but a W is a W.

I'm really pissed about the broadcast crew doing everyting in there power to capture Brady's calls and cadence. There needs to be an investigation.

Jays..you're a very valuable asset to this board....appreciate your thoughts at any time

That was a great win. The defense made the stop in the clutch and the offense returned the favor. That will make them feel good about each other and it certainly makes us fans feel very happy with the team as a whole. I love teams that can close out the tough matches. Thank you Patriots!

Indeed, your statement is just about VERBATIM what I said to my Bro, a little while ago.

I've been rooting ~ ALOUD ~ for that "30 Points a Game" doggerel to end for a LONG time. :cool:

REMEMBER this one.

There's a false dichotomy, though: there's no fundamental reason that the Patriots can't score 30 a game and have a great defense.

REMEMBER this one.

There's a false dichotomy, though: there's no fundamental reason that the Patriots can't score 30 a game and have a great defense.

You completely miss the point, Brother Conn Fan.

I don't care if we score EIGHTY points.

The more, the merrier.

Do you honestly think I'm ever actively rooting against our scoring??

It's about how we play the Game, my friend.

It's about how we play the Game.

Tough game, but a W is a W.

I'm really pissed about the broadcast crew doing everyting in there power to capture Brady's calls and cadence. There needs to be an investigation.

Interesting you bring that up. You could hear alot of brady's calls out there today couldn't you. Not sure if it matters too much but still, i did notice this also

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes