PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Most Fascinating Man in Sports? It Might be Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Bill doing comedy when he retires. He would be a great straight man. Remember Pat Paulsen in the 60's. He could deliver his bit with the dead pan face, similar to Bill's press conferences.

I could see Bill doing comedy when he retires. He would be a great straight man. Remember Pat Paulsen in the 60's. He could deliver his bit with the dead pan face, similar to Bill's press conferences.
Bill Belichick for President.

I'm onboard! :)

I have had the good fortune to have met and dined with BB a few times with my family. (the "Dinner with the coach" Extra points experience). This is a fairly intimate dinner of about 40-50 people.

I am here to tell you BB is funny, warm, charming, caring all the adjectives never ever used by the media. He took questions from all of us and answered them all, dodging none and answering completely. He posed for pictures and signed memorabilia for each group, patiently with private words for each family. In our case, we had him sign a family SB 38 celebration picture as we all exited Reliant Stadium, he looked at it and asked us a few questions about the day.

BB is not who the media thinks he is or portrays him to be, not even remotely close.

I met him with Jim Brown the first year he was here, he is a very unassuming man, humble but funny.. there is a lot more to him than meets the eye.

SVN thanks for link, fgssand and GJAJ15 thanks for the personal insight. BB seems the way you describe him to me but some in the media choose to ignore reality and get their version out there because more often than not he makes them have to actually work a little in order to do their job. Most but not all sports writers like to sleep real late and not have to dig too much to write their stories for that day.**

**With the definite exception of Mike Reiss of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back