Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Mom with a sidearm did not take down Hasan...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 13, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

Interesting in their rush to judgement that people want to deify Kimberly Mumbley.... the mom with a gun who took down Hasan... and how people want to trust the news leaks they are fed. In reality, their is a different story.. you will not read about this on CNN, Fox News... althought I did happen to catch it on Oprah...

There is nothing to take away from what she did, it is just the Army and newsmedia wanted to believe that she took Hasan down alone, it makes a great by line and great press...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/u...l=1&adxnnlx=1258110316-/O8KfsTHVpQ1w/1fh8uzCw

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +710 / 11 / -7

Oh crap.

Tell that guy to shut up. What the hell kind of feel-good story is that? What the hell kinda redemption is that? a 40-something regular old cop took him down? Come on man. I want a young mom cop to be the one that took him down. I'm not watching this show anymore.

Who WRITES this sh1t?

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

This story was about as good as the Pete Hoekstra story yesterday, when he said "A unamed source outside of the intelligence community(sic)" told him that Hasan was wiring money to Pakistan... WTF our intelligence community and the billions we spend on Dept. of Homeland Security did not know this????

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

A GUN ended it who gives a sh!t who pulled the trigger.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Ha!! Would you say the same thing if it was a white man who pulled the trigger, Harry, or would you be all over that one????

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

When a law abiding citizen stands up to a murdering savage killer who is in the process of slaughtering unarmed frightend human beings and this law abiding citizen shoots the savage dead that citizen is a "HERO" in my book, I don't give a sh!t what he looks like, and yes, I'd bring him home to meet my daughter or my wifes mother.

7. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

They didn't put one in his BRAIN!:mad:

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

The ranking Republican on the House intelligence committee on Tuesday night accused the White House of withholding information on the Fort Hood attack.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) said administration officials delayed briefing members of Congress about the alleged gunman, raising "red flags" about what the White House was hiding.

"When they withhold information, you always start asking questions," Hoekstra told Fox News. "That's what raises red flags. What do they know that they don't want us to know?"

Hoekstra linked President Barack Obama's handling of Fort Hood to a chain of other GOP criticisms of the president, including the administration's treatment of detainees and an investigation into possible CIA abuse.

"It is a political correctness that is making it unable for us to identify the real threat of homegrown terrorism," he alleged.
    Top Republican says White House hiding info on Fort Hood - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

How old is your wife? I ak because your pushing a hundred. :confused: :singing:

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

Congress will be involved, right now Pete Hoekstra is just another right wing spin machine..The investigation should be carried out by the investigators, there will be plenty of face time for Pete... Petey has been accused of leaking sensitive information to the press, one of the really intelligent things he said yesterday was...

"A source from outside of the inelligence community told me Hasan was sending money to Pakistan"... Pete Hoekstra one of the architects of Homeland Security should be ashamed to make that statemen... a source outside of the intelligence community knows more than the intelligence community WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Political correctness is just another way of saying I want the answers right now and I know the answers.... but I want my face time... bunch of BS...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Pat Tillman anyone?

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

Jessica Lynch for good measure... but yet folks believe every leak since the event, see Drudge...

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The important thing is that she had a duty as a cop to head toward the sounds of gunfire and deal with the situation to the best of her ability. She did so. Who knows? Maybe her actions distracted the shooter or forced him to move to a place where this other guy was able to plug him? You don't have to be Dirty Harry to be a hero IMO.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Nope, you don't. She was a police officer doing her job and she did it well. That's all we can really ask from anyone, isn't it? Many cops never even end up drawing a weapon much less actually shooting at anyone. Good for her - good for her partner. It sounds like they both knew their job and performed them admirably.

I do wonder at all the misreporting, however. It's intriguing at this point. Why are there so very many discrepencies? Not just about the police action but about everything. First he's dead, then 8 or 9 hours later suddenly he's not dead. He shouted this, no he didn't shout that. Why were they even looking for "friendly fire" on a base where there are no weapons allowed? And I'm not even going into all the conflicting information on Hasan himself.

Way too many unanswered questions if you ask me.

15. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I was pretty stunned by the dead angle, wtf?

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

No one is doubting her courage, and response... initially this was painted as single mom with a side arm takes down Hasan... that is all... it points out how the information being leaked is being leaked for a purpose, and there should not be a rush to judgement...

If you follow the babble of Pete Hoekstra et al, about how he heard from an unnamed source from outside of the intelligence community that Hasan was sending money to Pakistan...

Information that is being leaked, is controlled by the Pentagon and done so with a purpose...

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

She's not single and I don't even think she's a mom. But there ya go - more wrongful information in the rush to "make news."