PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The misuse of Chandler Jones week one at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think one of the things that bothered me most on defense side scheme wise was how we lined up Jones as a 3-4 DE. I don't care what scheme you're running- when you leave your best outside pass rusher inside at a position where he's very undersized and very unnatural at- it's probably not going to lead to the best results. Even Ninkovich was very limited in total snaps rushing the passer.

You just don't take your two best pass rushers out of their roles like that. I never want to see Jones at 3-4 end ever again. Hopefully the team feels the same.

I think one of the things that bothered me most on defense side scheme wise was how we lined up Jones as a 3-4 DE. I don't care what scheme you're running- when you leave your best outside pass rusher inside at a position where he's very undersized and very unnatural at- it's probably not going to lead to the best results. Even Ninkovich was very limited in total snaps rushing the passer.

You just don't take your two best pass rushers out of their roles like that. I never want to see Jones at 3-4 end ever again. Hopefully the team feels the same.
Chandler is just playing the position his older brother Arthur is really good at. Patricia thinks being a 34DE is in genetics, he is the ****ing scientist of DCs. So what if Arthur is 337lbs.

Awful game plan to use him in that manner made no sense. I also didn't get Easley 2 gapping when he is an up the field rusher that makes plays behind the line. I for one can't stand the 34 D!

Awful game plan to use him in that manner made no sense. I also didn't get Easley 2 gapping when he is an up the field rusher that makes plays behind the line. I for one can't stand the 34 D!
It did look good at times in the preseason, but Jones played outside in those instances, so it confuses me.

They have to fix this issue...get him way out there.

Maybe someone in the media will ask BB? Nah...........

What i don't get is if ordinary fans know this, why doesn't the coaching staff?
My guess was bb tried to outsmart the heat and tried to field the best players at the same time, but it failed. Won't happen again though because we won't have to fight that heat again

My guess was bb tried to outsmart the heat and tried to field the best players at the same time, but it failed. Won't happen again though because we won't have to fight that heat again
Better not.. it's messing with my prediction of Jones getting 20+ sacks this season. ;)

On the other hand, I really liked the way we used Hightower. Hope to see him rushing the passer more and more.

I don't understand the logic behind that decision at all.

Could someone name 1 good reason why Belichick thought it might have been a good idea?

Better not.. it's messing with my prediction of Jones getting 20+ sacks this season. ;)

If not for 2 RTP penalties and 1 sure sack in which Jones was too scared to touch the QB due to the 2 previous flags, he would already have 3 sacks.

I don't understand the logic behind that decision at all.

Could someone name 1 good reason why Belichick thought it might have been a good idea?

I don't know enough about the Dolphins O-line, but the only thing I can come up with is there may have been a matchup with an interior player he felt was advantageous for Jones. It didn't work.

Was it a real 34 or one with Ninkovich simply having a hand up.

For me, the team is no suited for a true 3-4 2-gap. If they ran such a formation, then of course Jones should be an OLB.

If they want a Jones at 3-4 DE or DT then why didn't they just freaking sign Arthur Jones. Take LA'wide reciever away la'loser lafell and there's a big chunk of the $$ to sign Arthur

Chandler is just playing the position his older brother Arthur is really good at. Patricia thinks being a 34DE is in genetics, he is the ****ing scientist of DCs. So what if Arthur is 337lbs.
Wrong. Arthur is a 3 tech. Chandler played 5 tech.

Was it a real 34 or one with Ninkovich simply having a hand up.

For me, the team is no suited for a true 3-4 2-gap. If they ran such a formation, then of course Jones should be an OLB.
It was a real 3-4. Mostly Jones and Vellano at DE, with Hightower and Ninkovich at OLB. It got ugly on the interior.

They weren't 2 gapping yesterday (only Wilfork was) so Chandler Jones' position was effectively unchanged. The only person affected by the use of the 3-4 was Ninkovich.

If you're going to dislike the use of the 3-4 at least dislike it for the right reasons. Bandwagon bashing is getting old. I agree we should be in more of a 4-3 look, by the way. It' suits our DL and depth at DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes