PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Memphis player I really want:

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is the kicker. Gostakowsi I believe...I watched the rookie skills challenge and he destroyed Hughes, Huston,and the kid from Texas. Very big leg, and seemingly nice accuracy. Worth a late round paick perhaps...He def. looked like the best kicker there.

Last edited:
Gostkowski

KDPpatsfan said:
Is the kicker. I watched the rookie skills challenge and he destroyed Hughes, the kid from ohio state,and the kis from texas. Very big leg, and seemingly nice accuracy. Worth a late round paick perhaps...He def. looked like the best kicker there.
He's also a baseball player...so he MAY go that way. Also, he has NOT kicked pressure kicks in a big game. Downsides may be big...

Pats726 said:
He's also a baseball player...so he MAY go that way. Also, he has NOT kicked pressure kicks in a big game. Downsides may be big...
Of all the rookies...hughes looked AWFUL missed from 35 yards. Huston has a big leg but missed by alot from 45. Gastakowski nailed all of them and from 49 yards the announcers were saying it would have been good from 65 yards.

KDPpatsfan said:
Of all the rookies...hughes looked AWFUL missed from 35 yards. Huston has a big leg but missed by alot from 45. Gastakowski nailed all of them and from 49 yards the announcers were saying it would have been good from 65 yards.
As an aside...one announcer also did say that if you watch pre-game in either college or NFL you would be amazed at how far these guys can kick it with no line in front I.E. no preassure. So I'm not sure that the skills challenge means that much. BUT if hughes/houston choke with no one around how could they make it in the NFL?

KDPpatsfan said:
As an aside...one announcer also did say that if you watch pre-game in either college or NFL you would be amazed at how far these guys can kick it with no line in front I.E. no preassure. So I'm not sure that the skills challenge means that much. BUT if hughes/houston choke with no one around how could they make it in the NFL?
If he is serious about football..he may be the guy...I only mentioned the baseball/not in BIG situations as a downside for him. He is very consistent...so?? SPec coaxh BSeely visted all 3 in early April..so we will see who they take.

Jeff Glas, North Dakota

Totally agree. I mentioned him a while back, having seen him kick a few times. Big leg, very accurate, he's the kicker I'd draft.

Richter said:
Totally agree. I mentioned him a while back, having seen him kick a few times. Big leg, very accurate, he's the kicker I'd draft.
Maybe a UDFA

KDPpatsfan said:
Is the kicker. Gostakowsi I believe...I watched the rookie skills challenge and he destroyed Hughes, Huston,and the kid from Texas. Very big leg, and seemingly nice accuracy. Worth a late round paick perhaps...He def. looked like the best kicker there.

I was going to post the same thing. Kiper's book had him 6th or 7th, and I thought cool. Maybe he'll slip to the Pats. He's going to be a star kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes