PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Matt Cassel Experiment...is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been incredibly lucky with Brady over the course of his career, I hope that luck holds.

I got caught off guard for a second. I didn't see the old dates on the posts and thought this was a new thread!

I got caught off guard for a second. I didn't see the old dates on the posts and thought this was a new thread!

It is fun to dig up old threads. Particularly ones where everyone is absolutely certain they no more about football than BB.

Well I think this old thread says two things: 1) don't ever question BB and his staff. He may not always be right, but more often than not he's dead on with the big decisions and in this case he's looking like a genious (and you can put me in the camp that expected Cassel to be cut this preseason). 2) it can't be overstated how much gameplanning around a QB and first team snaps can help in preparation. Cassel, every since he graduated HS, has been taking 2nd team snaps and the game plan has been put in place based upon a different QB. Now, we're seeing an offense that is tailored around his strengths and also an offense that he is the official QB of, no questions. I only expect him to get better as the season progresses...how much better might well determine whether it's a season that lasts until February or not.

OVER!........This guy can not cut it in the NFL.......I know I will get butchered on that statement......and yes it was one series.....but this is our BACK UP QB here......this IS the guy that will be coming in should anything god forbid happen to T. Brady (tapping wood like a woodpecker as I speak)....THIS IS THE GUY that is going to come in and save the day????

Cassel is a bust....he locks on receivers worse than Bledsoe ever did....and god knows that I am not trying to compare Cassel to Bledsoe here......He just isn't GOOD ENOUGH to be backing up Brady....or most likely anyone else...If we can get some kind of trade bait for the guy RIGHT NOW...I would get rid of him.........Keep Gutz....and perhaps go after some kind of vet as well.....we'll see what BB does with him.......but I think his days here are numbered.......what do you all think?

Declaratives often boomerang to become kicks in the nuts. :D

Two games against some poor defense, early in the season and people think we got another HOFer.:eek:

Come on it's only been two weeks.

Digging up old threads means nothing. What he was back then is not what
he is today. He obviously has improved which is what is expected.
I need to at least wait and see how he does when teams begin to get film on
him and start game planning for him.

Don't get me wrong ... I like Matt ... I like his mobility ... I like that he
knows the system very well. Time will tell.
I am very encouraged however and very hopeful. :rolleyes:

When you stick your foot in your mouth and chomp down hard, it doesn't taste all that good, does it? :p;):(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back