Not open for further replies.

Ayuh

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you awake with anticipation.....read the below page titled:

The Loser’s Curse:
Overconfidence vs. Market Efficiency in the
National Football League Draft

I guarantee you will either sleep like a baby from the effort.....and it may even qualify you for a position in the FO for next years draft!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:NyOz3ie5LNIJ:faculty.fuqua.duke.edu/~cadem/bio/massey%2520%26%2520thaler%2520-%2520loser%27s%2520curse.pdf+nfl+draft+pick+valuation+chart&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=9&client=firefox-a

i read that entire paper, and the writer could have been a 10th grader with a minor interest in the nfl draft... what a joke.

PatsWorldChamps said:
i read that entire paper, and the writer could have been a 10th grader with a minor interest in the nfl draft... what a joke.

Either you read something other than I posted, you're being sarcastic, or your trying to start something.....

The posting was something of a joke...but the paper written is hardly that of a 10th grade quality. Considering the authors-

Cade Massey
Duke University
Fuqua School of Business
Richard H. Thaler
University of Chicago
Graduate School of Business
April 2, 2005

But hey....I am wagering you really didn;t read the entire paper.

as a person who reads graduate papers regularly, this is poorly written... maybe it is a great read for typical internet forum posters, but it is very poor for a graduate level paper.

Interesting paper.

I don't think it tells us anything we don't already know from watching Belichick. He clearly makes use of the value opportunities -- trading this year's picks for next year, etc.

I think the paper underestimates the impact of "talking heads" on many franchise draft managers, i.e. teams actually convince themselves that unknown quanity A is really that much better than unknown quantity B, simply because "everybody" is talking about A as the best player in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes