PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Maroon Platoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Are you a member of the Maroon Platoon?

There seems to be a bunch of fans who are still a long way from Reality, who think that if only OC had played tonight we would have won. I keep thinking people will realize how silly it is to blame tonight's defensive play on an offensive player, but there you go.

If I were masochist enough to log in this week, I'd expect to see a week of stuff like this (there are others):

I got hated on...If Cassel doesn't improve, I'll be expecting some of you to come looking for your plate of crow. This is Brady's team, not Bill's. Hey Bill...the Experiment is over.
You folks (Not just IH, but all the others who think that playing OC or some vet like Simms or Culpepper would have changed the outcomes of the Dolphin or Charger games) were misguided then, and you have learned nothing since.

If you replace all the players who did not play well tonight, there would be about 8 players on the team - the inactives + Ghost.

You have become spoiled by a 16-0 season, and forgot how we played in 2001-2007. You don't will every game in today's NFL. Get over last year. Seriously.

Only a maroon would blame zero pressure on Rivers on Cassel.

We got bad play tonight from the:
QB
DTs
DEs
LBs
Ss
CBs
P
Punt coverage
KO coverage
OL
TE
WR

Looking at that and saying the the problem is ONE of the 40+ plyers who sucked tonight is simply a display of football ignorance.

Cassel is the QB because he gives the Patriots the best chance of winning. This wasn't true last year, and won't be true next year, but it is true this week ane next week and the week after, and until you comprehend this simple fact, you will remain a member of the Maroon Platoon.

Last edited:
exactly and its not just cassel. i have read thread where its suggested "BB looks tired" . "moss is dogging"
This after 1 week we won in SF and not a peep came out of anyone.
There is a reason people hate the pats. they have won so many games in an era where parity rules that people cant digest another pats win.
And we have one subpar season suddenly BB is egoistic, moss is dogging and what not.
i want to ask all of these guys- what happened in 2005 when we started 4-4 i believe and got blown out by the colts at home with brady.
Even then we beat teams we were suppsoed to beat and lost to the better teams.Who was to blame then for end up and losing in the AFCDiv playoff game ?

Out of sync: Front seven with secondary, D-line with LBs. TE and QB. Interior O-line and everybody (or so it seems). TE and O-line/RB. Slater as KR with blockers.

In-sync: QB and Welker, Faulk, Morris...

**sigh** It's clearly all Cassel's fault. He's a witch, burn him.
eat-drink-smiley-7838.gif

"If you replace all the players who did not play well tonight, there would be about 8 players on the team - the inactives + Ghost."

I disagree; the RBs played well last night. Hit the line hard. Caught the short passes and gained yards.

Adding to the list of underperformers, I'd put Josh on the list. One example I haven't heard mentioned. On D&C this morning they asked Cassel why he threw passes into the ground. He said the plays were short screens to the RBs but the Chaagiz D had sniffed them out and throwing the ball in there woulda led to disaster. Too predictable.

I like Josh. Everyone has a sub-par series now and then.

Good points,SVN.

Yes, people are very quick to say everything is Cassel's fault. I think we would be having these problems even if Brady was playing. And if he didn't get hurt in game one, he probably would have, eventually. The OLine has had flashes of good play but has been WILDLY inconsistent (maybe when Neal comes back they will gel?), the DLine has tons of talent but hasn't been getting it done, and the LB's and CB's just arent't getting it done (could this be because of Dean Pees? For the last two years and in this years two losses the D has been a huge letdown).

The only bright spots on this team have been Ghost (even with the miss last night his kickoffs have been awesome), Meriweather and Rodney, and Wes Welker (I read somewhere he's on pace for 115 receptions...ridiculous).

We're just not a great team this year. Maybe as the year goes on the D will start to get going and the OLine will shore up and we'll make a solid playoff run. But all of thecrybabies who are calling for Matt Cassel's head are delusional if they think Kevin O'Connell (or anyone) will be the cure all for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes