PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Marion Barber Would-Be Safety...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The play starts at the 3:08 mark here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80347888

It does look like holding on the left tackle on Rodney. The center gave Wilfork bit of a push/yank, but it wasn't too bad. The two worst missed tackles, by far, are Ty Warren and Junior Seau, each of whom failed to wrap and should've had the safety.

Rodney is responsible for WRECKING the play.

Barber is a beast. Clearly a few guys like Warren and Jarvis Green aren't used to havign RB ignore their arm tackles like nothing...

True. But if any of the 3 or 4 guys that got their hands on him while he was still in the endzone wrapped him up and made the tackle it's all a moot point.

Fellatio aside.

me and my friends noticed it too. I THINK, not sure but I think the cowboys can take a time out to NOT get the 10 seconds taken off. I tihnkt hats what happened.

on EEI right now they are saying the reffing was horrible.

It was on PFT that that is what happened (Dallas burnt a TO to avoid losing the 10 seconds).

Okay so I just signed up been trolling for a while. Given the discussion on the reffing yesterday I thought this was the best thread to post my question. It was at the end of the 2nd quarter and the 'boys were called for something I forgot what penalty with under a minute to play, :59 to be exact, which according to the ref requires a 10 second run off. What happened to the run off? 2 plays later they review the TO reception/dropped ball then when the ruling on the field is over turned by review the ref has them reset th clock to :51. This would be impossible, if the 10 second run off occurred then the clock could only have been set to :49 at the most which would have indicated that the 2 plays took :00 of the clock. We won so it doesn't really matter but just curious what happened to the run off? Was it a mistake by the ref and everyone else (Nantz and Simms) that it was supposed to happen and the offical score keeper over ruled them or was the official score keeper a bone head and the ref forgot about the ten seconds?

Just curious.

I was also looking for 10 seconds to drop off of the screen... without it ever happening.

Sorta fishy... isn't it????

Thanks for starting this thread. I also was muttering at the tv, "they're holding ever down". It's like it was their offensive strategy comming in to the game. either that or maybe they teach it there..."When you get beat grab under the pads, count to 2 mississippi and then let go".

I was so over it after the game, until Romo says that the game hinged on a holding call on that 4th and one. I was thinking, if bruschi wasn't held, he'd had a chance to stuff that run. Not to mention all the other non-calls. Romo almost sounded like he was coming down with a case of the "Kordells".

-F

It's at the 4:20 mark. Total hold and take down. If that ain't holding, then nothing is.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80347888

True. But if any of the 3 or 4 guys that got their hands on him while he was still in the endzone wrapped him up and made the tackle it's all a moot point.

Fellatio aside.

2 guys really. Rodney was still dealing iwth a block, and had him sort of by the head/shoulders, but didn't want to risk a face mask.

Warren and Seau blew the wrap up.

Other guys had chances, but nobody had a good chance to wraup up thoroughly. Jarvis probably should've dived for his legs.

Re: the question about the 10 second runoff, coaches are given the choice to take a TO rather than run the time off. That was legitimate.

The issues with spotting a handfull of NE plays a half yard short and vice versa for Dallas, as well as Dallas' holds aren't so easy to explain.

me and my friends noticed it too. I THINK, not sure but I think the cowboys can take a time out to NOT get the 10 seconds taken off. I tihnkt hats what happened.

on EEI right now they are saying the reffing was horrible.

Ah okay that makes sense. I've already deleted it off the tivo to verify but that makes more sense than the ref's forgot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing