PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Madden cover & SB runner up curse- Alexander is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just heard that Shawn Alexander of the Seahawks wil be out indefinately with a broken foot,probably a month and a half at least..AH The Madden Curse and Super Bowl Runner-up curse continue...They will be hard pressed to run without him...kind of sad,Shawn seems like a modest and nice guy considering his enormous talent-He would have made a great Patriot

If SEA loses a few more games, then that will improve the PATS draft position with SEA #1 pick for next year.

Can you post the link for where you got this info? I haven't seen it reported on teh major networks yet.

PATRIOT64 said:
I just heard that Shawn Alexander of the Seahawks wil be out indefinately with a broken foot,probably a month and a half at least..AH The Madden Curse and Super Bowl Runner-up curse continue...They will be hard pressed to run without him...kind of sad,Shawn seems like a modest and nice guy considering his enormous talent-He would have made a great Patriot

Actually I've heard from more than one place that he's somewhat of an egotistical jerk.

But this curse stuff is getting weird, and pretty much undeniable.

Last year the Eagles got a double whammy too because Donovan McNabb was on the cover and they lost the Superbowl. (In case any of ya'll forgot McNabb got hurt and the Eagles finished last in the division.

Lockdown06 said:
Can you post the link for where you got this info? I haven't seen it reported on teh major networks yet.
Here you go :

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=555

"Shaun Alexander will miss at least a few weeks with a "cracked foot."
Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren confirmed the injury Monday. ESPN's John Clayton says Alexander could miss a month. Maurice Morris takes over as Seattle's top running back. Seattle has a well-timed Week 5 bye, but fantasy owners should expect to be without Alexander for at least a few weeks."

BelichickFan said:
Here you go :

Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren confirmed the injury Monday. ESPN's John Clayton says Alexander could miss a month. Maurice Morris takes over as Seattle's top running back. Seattle has a well-timed Week 5 bye, but fantasy owners should expect to be without Alexander for at least a few weeks."

Was this the same foot that he already hurt and made him questionable for the game yesterday?

Heard it hot off the presses at Sirius Radio..Love that NFL station.....Looks like our former boy Deion is gonna have to make a bigger impression and quicker than he thought...Get ready for 20+ throws a game Deion and better catch at least 18 of em or those fans who lost a #1 pick will lynch ya...HEEHEHEHEH.. Without Shawn our #1 pick from them just went up a few pegs,I simply don't think Matt Hasselbeck can sling the ball 40 times a game and be successful..he is not that good IMO

BelichickFan said:
Here you go :

great - thanks for the info - didn't doubt it just wanted to see which sites/radio stations get the news fastest.

PATRIOT64 said:
Heard it hot off the presses at Sirius Radio..Love that NFL station.....Looks like our former boy Deion is gonna have to make a bigger impression and quicker than he thought...Get ready for 20+ throws a game Deion and better catch at least 18 of em or those fans who lost a #1 pick will lynch ya...HEEHEHEHEH.. Without Shawn our #1 pick from them just went up a few pegs,I simply don't think Matt Hasselbeck can sling the ball 40 times a game and be successful..he is not that good IMO

I hope so but I think Alexander (and the entire running game) is somewhat a product of Seattle's great offensive line. But they lost Steve Hutchinson who was a big part of that.

Oh well, it looks like the first rounder just got a little better. I bet a lot of fantasy owners are getting ready to jump off thier closest bridge.

PATRIOT64 said:
Without Shawn our #1 pick from them just went up a few pegs

I agree but if he comes back for the stretch run and the Seahawks make the Super Bowl, then it doesn't matter.

This obsession with Seattle's first rounder has got to stop. The pick will be somewhere between 20-32, most likely somewhere between 26-32. A nice little bonus, but nothing earth-shattering and definitely not worth taking the slightest pleasure from a guy getting hurt. Let's worry about the pick when the draft rolls around.

Hopefully Chicago's defense can start Seattle on a losing streak. No one has to respect their run now.

Ahriman said:
Hopefully Chicago's defense can start Seattle on a losing streak. No one has to respect their run now.
Forgive me but I'm hoping that the lack of a running game results in a big hit on Hasselbeck which knocks him out for the season. No permanent injury of course. I hate The Twig and I want to see his team struggle while our pick gets better.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
This obsession with Seattle's first rounder has got to stop. The pick will be somewhere between 20-32
The difference between 20 and 32 is HUGE and well worth watching.

Go Bears.

It does not matter, if we dont play any better we will still have a higher draft pick than the sea hags....

Sean Pa Patriot said:
It does not matter, if we dont play any better we will still have a higher draft pick than the sea hags....
Where our pick is is irrelevant. Even if we had the #1 pick we would still want the Seattle pick to be as high as possible.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
This obsession with Seattle's first rounder has got to stop. .... definitely not worth taking the slightest pleasure from a guy getting hurt. Let's worry about the pick when the draft rolls around.

Yessir!

btw, Patriots64 ... yesterday (and many a Sunday before), Hasselbeck showed himself to be an excellent QB. Sober up.

BelichickFan said:
Forgive me but I'm hoping that the lack of a running game results in a big hit on Hasselbeck which knocks him out for the season. No permanent injury of course. I hate The Twig and I want to see his team struggle while our pick gets better.

This is contemptibly crass ... and hard to "forgive".
I don't care much for Twig any more, either ...
and i admit to enjoying anything that lowers Seattle's standings in the league ...
and consequently raises their standing in the draft.

But true fans
want all the best players
playing all the time ...
even against their own teams.

I'm not one that normally believes in curses, but this Madden cover curse is some crazy coincidence. Here's hoping Brady never ends up on the cover and Pay-me-aton ends up on multiple covers :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back