Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Madden 07 Premiere Is Tonight!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Haterproof, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Haterproof

Haterproof Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wonder if any Patriot players will attend the premiere tonight.I can't wait to buy this game.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  2. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want to know what it will look like on PS3 and if they will use the ESPN talent/graphics/music since they paid for the rights in their monopoly on competition. wish 2k series could still be made...

3. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

if anyone is worried about Madden getting worse. Take some time and read this! Game sounds great! Look for the David Ortiz interview (no, not the basball player).

Then again the things that the producers say they will include don't always show up in the video game, but the new features sound tight!

http://www.easports.com/madden07/news.jsp

4. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i'll definetly be getting the 360 version. God i cant wait for football, whether it be real or virtual.

5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +148 / 2 / -3

Did they ever fix the glitch in Madden that requires you to run out the clock with the score tied at 1:30 left to go in the Super Bowl to send the game into overtime instead of playing for the win in regulation?

6. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Madden 06 on the 360 was the most half assed piece of sh!t game I have ever purchased. You couldn't edit/ create players. You couldn't draft on Franchise mode, there was no mini camp or superstar mode, the announcer wasn't even Madden!! It basically sucked (with the exception of the graphics which were absolutely amazing). I'm purchasing Madden 07 because I want a mix of those sick graphics, and the features for the regular Madden 06 for the Xbox.

One thing I hope they fixed is the play calling, when you're playing the game, you can see exactly what play your opponent picks. Me and my friends worked around this by having me face away when they were picking, and vice versa.

7. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

If u read the reviews before the games come out, then you will know which ones to buy, and which ones not to buy. I remember reading EGM and they blasted the Madden port for the 360. That's all it was, a port. They were rushed just to get the game out, and had no way of fitting the extra features on there. I played with my buddies copy, and though the actual gameplay was great, it left alot to be desired. I have a friend who works for EA out here. He told me not to worry, and that last yrs. copy couldnt even come close to holding the 360's jock strap. Sounds promising, but when compared to Madden '06, it shouldn't be that hard for them to make it better:) Basically, I am hoping for the best. However, knowing EA, I am sure in some major way Ill be pissed off that I paid 60 bones for the damn game.
    Has anyone played NFL head coach yet? Im really interested in checking that title out. Any personal thoughts on the game would be cool. Thx guys..and girls.

8. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Anybody know when it actually comes out? I looked at the link there, but all it said was 'shipping in August'.

Yeah, Madden 06 for 360 was balls.

9. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I only saw a commercial and couldn't tell what it is - is it like a hybrid of Madden and Sims or something? What IS it?

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

10. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I've had 15 hours worth of playing time on Head Coach for the PC so far.

There are some major AI issues, mainly in the passing game (way too many INTs, QB awareness horrible) but all-in-all, it's not too bad of a game.

What people are really irked so far about is that there isn't any game settings that can be changed. No sliders. Quarters are set at 5 minutes and unalterable.

However, the same program that was used to make the editors for Madden 05/06 PC version is being used to investigate the settings.db file which contains sliders and other settings in Heach Coach PC:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14980

Here's what some have said (gripes):

(I've had most of those problems too)

11. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

And here's what I had to say:

12. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

March 28, 2006 – World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher will be on the cover of NFL Head Coach¸ available in stores June 20. NFL Head Coach is in development at EA Tiburon, EA’s studio responsible for other NFL videogame franchises including Madden NFL Football and NFL STREET. This is the first-ever 3D sports strategy game where you can experience the emotional rollercoaster of coaching with the most true-to-life and authentic sports strategy game ever created.
    “With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team,” said Cowher, fresh off his first Super Bowl title with a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in Detroit. “Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be.”

NFL Head Coach challenges gamers to build and manage every aspect of a football team from the ground up. A simple conversation system and an engaging graphical interface allow users to immerse themselves into the lives of an NFL head coach. As head coach, you develop a team strategy, execute it on and off the field, and try to build a winning organization year after year. Your status as a coaching legend will rise and fall based on all of your actions as you strive to become the greatest head coach of all time.

In NFL Head Coach, you can try to become the next Bill Cowher, utilizing your full range of coaching and managing talents, including:

Building your team through drafts, trades and free agency;
    Developing and refining your own playbook and strategies;
    Motivating players during practice and games to maximize their success;
    Overseeing a full staff of assistants and coordinators to help you run the team;
    Scouting each opponent and devising special game-plans for every game;
    Calling all the shots, from preseason training camp, practices and games;
    Instilling a winning attitude that will make your team a champion and make you a Hall Of Fame head coach.

NFL Head Coach will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, and PC-CD. For more information on the game, check out the official NFL Head Coach site.

13. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sorry I didnt get back to ur post in time, but it seems like you know what it is now. To everyone else who posted there personal experiences with the game, I really appreciate it. EA is alot like Wal-Mart. Not to bash Wal-Mart or anything but EA buys out alot of gaming companies that seem to have alot of promise going for them, and then turns everything to CRAP! I feel bad now, because I bought NFL head coach offline for my Dad for fathers day, and now hes probably going to be calling me up to tell me how bad his gift sucked:)
    Anyways, thanx for the honest input you guys. Let's just hope that MADDEN can be greatly improved on this yr. Also, does anyone else have a problem with the fact that EA was able to buy out the NFL license like that? I followed up on most of the story, but didnt get to know the initial gossip behind the scenes. Just when 2k was starting to get damn good too. Dillon was a mad man in their last game.

14. IndyPatriotsfan

IndyPatriotsfan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

I won't be buying Maddening

Still pissed that EA had to ruin everything for everyone. Knowing that SEGA was putting out a superior game they had to go out and purchase all rights for future NFL games.
    I guess that I will be forever in purgatory playing a better game then EA could ever put out. Long live ESPN 2k5.

15. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

i might be half retarded here, but i coulda swon someone said cameron wimbley isn't in the game.

he's in the pc version. I just drafted DBrick 21st overall and wimbley was still on the board fellas.

16. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This year will mark the first year that I don't spend my hard earned money on EA's crap. I have been a blind follower and refused to accept the fact that they haven't made a decent game in at least 5 years. I'm ready to accept that now and save myself 50 bones in the process.

17. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

u really think the past few maddens are that bad?

18. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yep, I really do. And what's worse, they were all the same. It was as if EA just said "screw it, we have no competition so why should me put forth any sort of effort?"

19. Dagg

Dagg Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

#95 Jersey

EA turns everything to crap, man I loved 2K5.