PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Madden 07 Premiere Is Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I wonder if any Patriot players will attend the premiere tonight.I can't wait to buy this game.

Last edited:
I want to know what it will look like on PS3 and if they will use the ESPN talent/graphics/music since they paid for the rights in their monopoly on competition. wish 2k series could still be made...

if anyone is worried about Madden getting worse. Take some time and read this! Game sounds great! Look for the David Ortiz interview (no, not the basball player).

Then again the things that the producers say they will include don't always show up in the video game, but the new features sound tight!

http://www.easports.com/madden07/news.jsp

i'll definetly be getting the 360 version. God i cant wait for football, whether it be real or virtual.

Did they ever fix the glitch in Madden that requires you to run out the clock with the score tied at 1:30 left to go in the Super Bowl to send the game into overtime instead of playing for the win in regulation?

Madden 06 on the 360 was the most half assed piece of sh!t game I have ever purchased. You couldn't edit/ create players. You couldn't draft on Franchise mode, there was no mini camp or superstar mode, the announcer wasn't even Madden!! It basically sucked (with the exception of the graphics which were absolutely amazing). I'm purchasing Madden 07 because I want a mix of those sick graphics, and the features for the regular Madden 06 for the Xbox.

One thing I hope they fixed is the play calling, when you're playing the game, you can see exactly what play your opponent picks. Me and my friends worked around this by having me face away when they were picking, and vice versa.

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:
Madden 06 on the 360 was the most half assed piece of sh!t game I have ever purchased. You couldn't edit/ create players. You couldn't draft on Franchise mode, there was no mini camp or superstar mode, the announcer wasn't even Madden!! It basically sucked (with the exception of the graphics which were absolutely amazing). I'm purchasing Madden 07 because I want a mix of those sick graphics, and the features for the regular Madden 06 for the Xbox.

One thing I hope they fixed is the play calling, when you're playing the game, you can see exactly what play your opponent picks. Me and my friends worked around this by having me face away when they were picking, and vice versa.

If u read the reviews before the games come out, then you will know which ones to buy, and which ones not to buy. I remember reading EGM and they blasted the Madden port for the 360. That's all it was, a port. They were rushed just to get the game out, and had no way of fitting the extra features on there. I played with my buddies copy, and though the actual gameplay was great, it left alot to be desired. I have a friend who works for EA out here. He told me not to worry, and that last yrs. copy couldnt even come close to holding the 360's jock strap. Sounds promising, but when compared to Madden '06, it shouldn't be that hard for them to make it better:) Basically, I am hoping for the best. However, knowing EA, I am sure in some major way Ill be pissed off that I paid 60 bones for the damn game.
Has anyone played NFL head coach yet? Im really interested in checking that title out. Any personal thoughts on the game would be cool. Thx guys..and girls.

Anybody know when it actually comes out? I looked at the link there, but all it said was 'shipping in August'.

Yeah, Madden 06 for 360 was balls.

holyredeemer said:
Has anyone played NFL head coach yet? Im really interested in checking that title out. Any personal thoughts on the game would be cool. Thx guys..and girls.

I only saw a commercial and couldn't tell what it is - is it like a hybrid of Madden and Sims or something? What IS it?

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

I've had 15 hours worth of playing time on Head Coach for the PC so far.

There are some major AI issues, mainly in the passing game (way too many INTs, QB awareness horrible) but all-in-all, it's not too bad of a game.

What people are really irked so far about is that there isn't any game settings that can be changed. No sliders. Quarters are set at 5 minutes and unalterable.

However, the same program that was used to make the editors for Madden 05/06 PC version is being used to investigate the settings.db file which contains sliders and other settings in Heach Coach PC:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14980

Here's what some have said (gripes):

So I get hired by my Cleveland Browns, I figure they could use a good coach for once in the last 10 years. All is goning great, I'm having a good time with the offseason stuff, meetings, signings, scouting, free time and all that. Oh, I read someone complaining about the gaming asking if he wanted to change his coaches outfit all the time. All I did was go in and swap out all those stupid outfit times with something I could really do.

So yeah, balzing through the thing at super reduced slow motion speed, getting guys I want, relased losers some other moron coach hired a few years ago. Had a good draft...don't do this by the way, I traded away all but 3 of draft picks. It did work out, I got Vince Young with my trade up to the 5th spot and a couple other guys I was looking to get, then of course I tried to trade for a few guys I wanted...didn't really work out, but I scouted some other dudes that were released and picked them up.

All and all I put together a solid team.

PRESEASON!!! YEAH!!! Only took me 2 days of real time to get to it.
smile.gif

Eagles are up first, I blast them 34 to 13...they went for 2 and missed. I didn't have any crazing Ints like everyone is talking about and I figured with Young I would have myh share. He didn't throw one, though he fumbled twice and lost both.
mad.gif
McNabb got picked twice by one of oyung guys and a vet. I can understand these picks though as I was putting preasure on him the whole game...3 sacks.

Anyway, to the point of my post.

It is the same ole same ole with EA. Just when I was really getting into the game and feeling the coaching life style, I happen to really pay attention to my kicker Phil Dawson.

Ok, we all know Dawson is a white guy and I have nothing against people of color or what have you. (please don't go off about me using people of color)
smile.gif

Anyway...I take a good look at ole Philly and he's...wait, what? He's got a white face and black arms. NO!!1 time out, maybe he's just wearing long sleves and there dark brown because it's Cleveland. Nope, he's some kind of freakO with a white face, black arms and light brown palms.

So now I'm pissed. Yeah sure I expect EA to screw up sliders, AI, forgetting to add people to the draft pool...like the Browns number 1 pick and 13th over all Kamerion Wimbley. Hey, that happens, huge database, you could forget a guy or two. But to actually make a play that uses two (at least) different textures? Come on! Ever hear of QA??? I have, in fact I've been a QA lead on a number of projects, maybe I should quit where I'm at and apply to EA, lord knows they need the help.

Ok, sorry so long to get to my point. I do want to say though...over all, the game has been enjoyable...would I buy it knowning what I know now? NEVER!!!

Power to the gamers! It's time to make a stand!

Take care

I got it and i played it for 2 and a half hours before lunch, and i'll be playing it somemore after i finish this. The game is about 75% what i thought it was, which is good enough for me. Offseason gets a tad repetitive, but it is interesting. play designer is nothing of what it should be, but it is a tad better than madden's. I've had agents turn down my deal and say "We probably won't be doing business with you again.", i've had em accept em right off the bat, and i've had them call me later with their response. i love the game, it'll keep me busy for quite some time, and i want to hear what everyone else thinks of it.

To be honest this is probably the most flawed game the people at EA Sports could have ever put together. I dont know what some of you are thinking by saying it is any good, even an ounce of good is hard to find. Here is the god awefull long list. Hopefully someone at EA(that actually cares) sees this and they actually put together a p..pa...pat...ch....patch(damn thats a hard word to say) or something for thier customers.

1 Why is damn near every penalty called against the team I am coaching. In any given game im lucky to have 1 in 6 penalties called against the opposing team. Make it 2 in 10 and your asking for a miracle.

2. Your supposed OC and DC are freaking idiots. How many time can you be suggested to run a given play during the course of a game anyways? Ive seen the same play suggested 5+ times a game.

3. Why does the gameplan never change. Week in and week out the "play book" never changes unless you manually add and remove plays.

4. Ai is serousley flawed as mentioned by others. QBs act like the opposing players are on their team half the game. If they arent throwing INts they are waiting 5 seconds to throw the ball after a player breaks on a hook pattern(for example). Receivers drop the ball way to often even when they have the angle or are wide open!!!

5. Unadjustable game options such as sliders and quarter length. Yea sure you can get somewhat close to realistic stats if you just pick the play suggested immediately after the screen comes up but where is the reality in running a handful of plays 7 times a game and not being able to run a true sim by calling your own plays or atleast being suggested different plays. Lets be able to run 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock or 7 minute quarters and use that playclock the way it was intended if were going for a coach simulation.

6. Is there anything but draws run by the pc as a form of running plays? Probably a 3 to 1 ratio there. How many teams run draws that often.

7. Pass interference. this goes partly I suppose to the AI being so dumb and letting wrs run right by defenders, but I havnt seen this many pass interference calls since Ive seen someone manually stop the WRs progress 10 yards from where the ball was being thrown to. In Madden 2006(which was used as a base) your lucky to even get one PI call without modifying the sliders.

8. Get the P or K ready for the next game. Who, what, how? Give me some damn drills to get the P and K ready for the next game and then I will. Instead I got people mad at me cause he isnt ready because there isnt any way I have found to get him ready, no drills or anything.

9. How dumb are the position coaches. Example You cant get any pressure or sacks for a game. the next meeting DL coachs says yea well really got pressure on them or something to that extent. You either have to lie and get the trust increase or tell the truth and loose trust but maybe gain knowledge. Whats that? Happens for other positions as well.

10. Why cant I do more transactions during Sign players. If I have 2 or 3 injuries for next game and need to sign some free agents while releasing some players I have to cancel alot of practice time just to make my roster legit so the owner doesnt get mad at me and automatically fix my roster.

11. The draft AI still is terrible.

Now for the good(but also bad)

1. The offseason is pretty nice now. But a bit to exhausting. Just do what you gotta during the certain periods and then sim thru remaining days is easy ways around it.

2. I like the ratings system. Plays can be very bad without practice or very good with practice, but when there is a 50-60 point difference from minimal to max its a bit to much in my opinion.

I guess thats enough for now. Interested to see what others think. For the record this is in career mode. Without these fixes or atleast some of them this game is a pure waste, Id rather run a coach franchise on madden.

(I've had most of those problems too)

Last edited:
And here's what I had to say:

There are a few things I'm not happy about so far, after about 10 hours of playing the game:

-I was trailing 17-19 with about :45 seconds left in the 4th quarter, but my "Alert: Time Management" tab, filled with running plays, kept coming up instead of my "Two Minute Drill" tab. Therefore, my coordinator kept trying to call runs in an obvious passing situtation. This also lead to a decrease in our "trust" level.

-The game seems to run in slow-motion. It's not my hardware (runs smooth, not choppy), but I'm not sure if this was deliberate on the part of EA to make things slower-paced and easier to analyze.

-Quarterback AI is flawed, to say the least. They'll usually obey what you tell them, but despite usually stellar protection, they'll just stand there while the WRs have long completed their routes and are sitting, waiting for the pass. When the pass finally does come (sometimes after a good 6-7 seconds), it will be slow and inaccurate.

-On a graphical note, some QB's have crazy-colored arms with their wrist areas usually being white, but their hands and biceps are brown. There sometimes looks to be missing pieces, too. This doesn't happen all the time, and a restart of the game might help...

-All the in-game graphics are the 3-5 year-old ones from Madden, including stadiums, uniforms (although the Vikings' new ones are in there), and player models. The new Cardinals' stadium is in there, but the stands look rushed. There's only about half the amount of 2D people/seats/rows that you would see in any of the other stadiums.

-Coaches' recommendations, even from the same coach, are often contradicatory and sometimes don't make sense (they told me to start Kennison instead of the injured Dante' Hall, but it was already that way to start off with).

-The handful of scouting reports for DTs I've seen are exactly the same (Immature, but with great strength).

-During your "office hours," where you can edit depth charts, make changes to the playbook, and read emails, you're only able to make 2 actual changes (For example, switching your 1st and 2nd string RE would be one, and then switching your 2nd and 3rd string RE would be another). That's it. These "office hours" are abundant, about twice daily, but this is the only time you can edit your depth chart outside of gameday, where the game is going on behind you.

-Unlike some of the latest Madden's, opposing teams don't bring in reserves during preseason games.

-You aren't able to trade draft picks until after the season (or so it appears).

-Some of the "dynamic player ratings" ranges seem far too wide. You can only scout 8 players every week or so, so it's impossible to make good decisions in Day 2 of the draft when some of the players have 12-99 as their possible rating ranges.

-Rosters don't expand, and there's no "Top 51" rule with the salary cap (Only the Top 51 highest-paid players count against the cap from March-September). Therefore, when signing picks, you will have to cut free agents that you just signed a month before.

March 28, 2006 – World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher will be on the cover of NFL Head Coach¸ available in stores June 20. NFL Head Coach is in development at EA Tiburon, EA’s studio responsible for other NFL videogame franchises including Madden NFL Football and NFL STREET. This is the first-ever 3D sports strategy game where you can experience the emotional rollercoaster of coaching with the most true-to-life and authentic sports strategy game ever created.
“With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team,” said Cowher, fresh off his first Super Bowl title with a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in Detroit. “Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be.”

NFL Head Coach challenges gamers to build and manage every aspect of a football team from the ground up. A simple conversation system and an engaging graphical interface allow users to immerse themselves into the lives of an NFL head coach. As head coach, you develop a team strategy, execute it on and off the field, and try to build a winning organization year after year. Your status as a coaching legend will rise and fall based on all of your actions as you strive to become the greatest head coach of all time.

In NFL Head Coach, you can try to become the next Bill Cowher, utilizing your full range of coaching and managing talents, including:

Building your team through drafts, trades and free agency;
Developing and refining your own playbook and strategies;
Motivating players during practice and games to maximize their success;
Overseeing a full staff of assistants and coordinators to help you run the team;
Scouting each opponent and devising special game-plans for every game;
Calling all the shots, from preseason training camp, practices and games;
Instilling a winning attitude that will make your team a champion and make you a Hall Of Fame head coach.

NFL Head Coach will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, and PC-CD. For more information on the game, check out the official NFL Head Coach site.

patsox23 said:
I only saw a commercial and couldn't tell what it is - is it like a hybrid of Madden and Sims or something? What IS it?

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

Sorry I didnt get back to ur post in time, but it seems like you know what it is now. To everyone else who posted there personal experiences with the game, I really appreciate it. EA is alot like Wal-Mart. Not to bash Wal-Mart or anything but EA buys out alot of gaming companies that seem to have alot of promise going for them, and then turns everything to CRAP! I feel bad now, because I bought NFL head coach offline for my Dad for fathers day, and now hes probably going to be calling me up to tell me how bad his gift sucked:)
Anyways, thanx for the honest input you guys. Let's just hope that MADDEN can be greatly improved on this yr. Also, does anyone else have a problem with the fact that EA was able to buy out the NFL license like that? I followed up on most of the story, but didnt get to know the initial gossip behind the scenes. Just when 2k was starting to get damn good too. Dillon was a mad man in their last game.

I won't be buying Maddening

Still pissed that EA had to ruin everything for everyone. Knowing that SEGA was putting out a superior game they had to go out and purchase all rights for future NFL games.
I guess that I will be forever in purgatory playing a better game then EA could ever put out. Long live ESPN 2k5.

i might be half ******ed here, but i coulda swon someone said cameron wimbley isn't in the game.

he's in the pc version. I just drafted DBrick 21st overall and wimbley was still on the board fellas.

This year will mark the first year that I don't spend my hard earned money on EA's crap. I have been a blind follower and refused to accept the fact that they haven't made a decent game in at least 5 years. I'm ready to accept that now and save myself 50 bones in the process.

u really think the past few maddens are that bad?

Keegs said:
u really think the past few maddens are that bad?

Yep, I really do. And what's worse, they were all the same. It was as if EA just said "screw it, we have no competition so why should me put forth any sort of effort?"

EA turns everything to crap, man I loved 2K5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back