PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The lost 13 seconds in 1st half - was it mentioned on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgater

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
When the Rams punted at the end of the first half, there were 42 seconds on the clock. A penalty was called on the rams, causing them to re-kick.

The stadium clock had run down to 29 seconds on the first attempt and I waited for it to be reset to 42 seconds, but it wasn't. I expected to see BB point it out to the ref, but that didn't happen.

With another 13 seconds they may have gotten the TD. Did the announcers or anyone else catch that?

I thought the penalty was during the play, so the time comes off. If the penalty occurred before the play, and the play continued, it would be put back on.....

pernalty was during the play. it's not a lost 13-seconds. comes off the clock anyway. right call (regarding the clock was made) as it's even on the game-sheets.

I was actually surprised BB had them re-kick. figured he'd want to save the time. But, it worked out for the FG.

On a side note I thought that the drive to end the half was one of the smartest hurry up offensive drives I have seen. I know it is not much to scream about because it was not the game winning drive or anything. Still very smart play calling and excepting the penalty.

pernalty was during the play. it's not a lost 13-seconds. comes off the clock anyway. right call (regarding the clock was made) as it's even on the game-sheets.

I was actually surprised BB had them re-kick. figured he'd want to save the time. But, it worked out for the FG.

We debated that at the game as to whether he should have taken the ball and the 13 seconds re-kick.

They gained 12 yards in the exchange and put themselves (at the time) a short pass away from a field goal.

They had 2 timeouts and as it played out, matriculated the ball all the way down the field to just miss a TD with 1 second remaining.

Good call by BB, as usual, and great execution by the entire offense.

That kind of experience will come in handy down the road a ways, say in the 4th quarter of a playoff game when they need a late FG to win, perhaps - be still my heart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes