PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The loss is on McDaniels and the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, our guy maded a bone head play but what one earth where they doing running the football on 3rd and 16?That tells me they have no trust in Cassel and i thought he played good.The first time that BB was outcoached in awhile!!

Gotta disagree. We were in FG range to tie and driving for the TD and our No. 2 TE got a bonehead 15 yarder. That lost the game, period. The dumb time outs (or challenge) and miss by Gaffney, while not great, did not lose the game. That one call did. They ran on that play because Faulk had been ripping off 10 yd runs all day when they were in pass defense and they thought he might break one, not because they did not trust Cassel. Cassel had played great all game and made virtually no mistakes. Bummer of a loss, traceable to one critical mistake, aided by several others.

Yes, our guy maded a bone head play but what one earth where they doing running the football on 3rd and 16?That tells me they have no trust in Cassel and i thought he played good.The first time that BB was outcoached in awhile!!

BB outcoached himself

Gotta disagree. We were in FG range to tie and driving for the TD and our No. 2 TE got a bonehead 15 yarder. That lost the game, period. The dumb time outs (or challenge) and miss by Gaffney, while not great, did not lose the game. That one call did. They ran on that play because Faulk had been ripping off 10 yd runs all day when they were in pass defense and they thought he might break one, not because they did not trust Cassel. Cassel had played great all game and made virtually no mistakes. Bummer of a loss, traceable to one critical mistake, aided by several others.

One critical mistake that will hopefully be corrected in the next few days. We cannot allow another one like that to occur against the Bills.....

I still think we are in very good position considering all of the injuries and losses that have occured this year.

Cassel had a hell of a game. I highly doubt any of the "Sports Journalists" outside of New England will comment on that.

They will instead state how Indy is bouncing back and how we are a horrible team and how BB has lost his touch.

:scream:

Okay. Rant over......

Since this thread is slightly more negative than the other 23409235 threads tonight, Im gonna go ahead and post my negative thoughts on the game.

-Coaching was pretty bad all around, horrible time (and time out) management.
-Matt Cassel is developing really well but is still not going through all his reads and sometimes stares down his target.
-Moss looked like a lazy bum tonight
-Newfound problem: situation at TE is pretty ugly
-Still dont think we are getting enough of a pass rush (I understand Manning is hard to sack, but still)
-Terrence Wheatly injury

sometimes stares down his target.
-Moss looked like a lazy bum tonight
-Newfound problem: situation at TE is pretty ugly

He doesnt stare em down as much as was in preseason, so its an improvement.

Moss looked lazy? That might be a little strongly worded.

What problem at TE? Thomas got a bonehead penalty. I don't think i'd call that an ugly TE situation.

You know, I too was really irked by Moss on one play, and I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed.

He gave up on a Cassell overthrow that was dropped by Bob Sanders (IIRC). Moss may not have had a play on the ball, but he should have made an effort to bust up the potential interception.

LIke I said in my rant post.. Colts had 3 starting CB's.. WHy couldn't they go deep on them.. One of the starters was on the street 5 days ago..

Madden said something that was half right.. Moss took Sanders out of the game.. I disagree, Sanders took away MOss.. And the best way to get that match up on our side is to move MOss in the slot and motion him right down the middle.. MY GOD. Horrible offensive game plan.. Just PISS POOR..

The Colt's played in either one or two deep all night long. Thats why they got ROASTED on the underneath stuff and also why Cassel didn't go deep.

The Pats really should have won this game, minus Belichick's poor coaching and Thomas's personal foul.

How long was it in the 1st quarter before Cassel got past a first read? By then it was time to throw or die. Cassel is still progressing (no pun intended) but is also still getting up to NFL speed. A positive aspect: his decisionmaking is not immature at this point. He doesn't try to make things happen when what he has on the field doesn't give him a good shot, or to escape being sacked (as we can tell by the number of sacks he's taken.)

Win as a team, lose as a team. As bad as Thomas looked or as bad as a run looks when you need 16 yards, they played out there for 60 minutes.

When was the last time you could beat the Colts on 1 TD? Sure the Colts are not the same... but still, beating a decent team with mainly field goals? You're just not likely to get away with it.

Edited to add in - finally, a blue chip high draft pick, no argument: Jerod Mayo. He was everywhere.

Last edited:
My Problem was continuing to try those WR slip screens against a smallish SPEED defense...

Those plays will NOT work against a fast speed defense, why were they continued to be called, I have no clue.

They knew they were in 4 down territory and thought the Colts would be overplaying the pass. It wasn't a bad call at all. Just poor execution.

My complaint is all the screens to Welker. The play wasn't there all game long and yet they kept going back to it over and over.

Having said that, our offense played a great game. 140 yards rushing. 34 minutes TOP, only 1 punt all game. Our offense drove down the field all game.

It's just too bad Gaffney decided to impersonate Reche Caldwell and Thomas got stupid. Those two plays cost us the game. A game we had no business losing.

I just think they went to the "well" too often on those draw/delay running plays....and Indy KNEW that BB was not going to let Cassel throw it there........

The coaches can be added to the list of 3 major, big time mistakes. That makes 4 mistakes.

How dare you assign blame??!! Time to rate this thread one star and see how you like that, Mr. Blamery Blame Blame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back