PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The loss is on Brady again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeShmoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Face it, Brady is playing like a very average NFL QB right now. If Brady plays well, and the playcalling is better, we're 5-0 easily

Both times we've lost our D hasnt had bad games. We were scoreless second half again when we had a great cushion. Any offense with the weapons we have, to be scoreless for an entire half, that's a major issue

I know Moss was covered by Bailey but no catches in the first half. Seriously? He's a HoF receiver and we cant find any way to get him in the game? Seems all the top opposing WR's we face all seem to get in the game (Mason, Marshall etc)

The miss to a wide open Moss, the underthrow of Welker, the constant screen passes

His TD record this year is woeful

He really needs to get better by week 7 or were in a real struggle this year

Last edited:
What I dont get is why Brady keeps overthrowing people. Mostly just overthrows Moss really. Its like he thinks Moss is faster than he really is or something. I dunno. Maybe Moss lost a step?

Maybe Brady worked out his arm too much while rehabbing and now its too powerful lol :confused:

Last edited:
Damn... the Broncos were allowing 6.5 pts coming in, and this game was on the road. People take for granted that Brady avoids a lot of sacks and avoids interceptions. This loss is on playing in Denver against a remarakable defense, and daring Kyle Orton to beat us, which he did. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team, and I think if we played this game 10 times, we'd struggle to win 5.

Brady wasn't perfect, but they scored two TDs vs. a really good D. The Moss overthrow was off target, and so was the Welker underthrow, but I can't pin a loss on two passes. There were also a lot of good plays by #12.

Expectations are too high right now. In my weekly metrics, I had these two teams each getting 15 points with Denver having the homefield edge... pretty darn close to the real thing.

I'm hoping the Pats get some confidence on their offensive side of the ball against two clunkers coming up.

What I dont get is why Brady keeps overthrowing people. Mostly just overthrows Moss really. Its like he thinks Moss is faster than he really is or something. I dunno.

Maybe he worked out his arm too much while rehabbing and now its too powerful lol :confused:

But that doesnt excuse that pass to Welker in Q2 that should have hit him in stride, nor does it excuse whatever adjustments he's making at the line, nor does it excuse not even looking at his top WR just because he's covered by a decent CB

I dont think anyone is not giving denver their due. They played a good game and came out on top. Props to the Broncos.

That said, what we're complaining about is that we had the game and could have put it away if a couple of passes were on target. Denver had nothing to do with that.

You're not writing anything that wasn't written five hours ago.

Are you guys too upset to sleep?

But that doesnt excuse that pass to Welker in Q2 that should have hit him in stride, nor does it excuse whatever adjustments he's making at the line, nor does it excuse not even looking at his top WR just because he's covered by a decent CB

Not that I disagree with you, but Brady did admit earlier in the week that it would be stupid for him or any QB to challenge Bailey. So it does sort of make sense that he would be reluctant to throw his way.

As for the 2Q Welker pass, I thought it was tipped and that was why it was behind him? I could be wrong, but I only saw it the one time and thought it got tipped.

Are you guys too upset to sleep?

As it seems you must be also lol. Actually I'm feeling quite a bit better now after seeing the meltdown on the Bills board.

As it seems you must be also lol. Actually I'm feeling quite a bit better now after seeing the meltdown on the Bills board.

It's only 3:30 PM here! :D

It's only 3:30 PM here! :D

Oh lol sorry didn't realize you were in China.

Do they follow American football in china? I'm guessing not... must be difficult to catch the games there huh.

Oh lol sorry didn't realize you were in China.

Do they follow American football in china? I'm guessing not... must be difficult to catch the games there huh.

Yeah, it's near impossible to see one on TV here. People just don't know and don't care. I stream them or watch on Slingbox.

Nobody has even seemed to notice this yet, but we were getting in an offensive rythym the past couple weeks. Fred Taylor was playing like a beast, he is now out. Nobody has even mentoined this, but i think it contributed quite a bit to the loss today. He took a lot of the pressure off of Brady, but after today the pressure is clearly on Brady once again.

I thought there was a decent rhythm with Morris running early, but then it just seemed to stop.

Have to agree somewhat. Brady was terrible in the second half, just like the Jets game, basically non existant. Brady is still far from back from the knee injury. But, let's face it, our playcalling sucks, our defense is putrid. Brady didn't give up two 90+ yard td drives, our defense did. Our secondary sucks, can't tackle, our D-line gets no pressure, etc. We are no longer an elite team, it sucks, but it's the truth, now I gotta root for the freaking Dolphins tonight, I feel dirty.

It is little dispointing to see the offence getting shut-out in the second half (same in Jets game). It appears as if the offence can't counter adjustments by the opposing defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes