The longest 48 hours....Evah !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man,

I'm sitting at home (have the day off), and watching NFL Live, and I know the next 48 hours are going to be the longest ever. I know tomorrow, I'll be counting every second until Sunday's game. This has been a very long offseason, and though I enjoyed the draft, and all of our guessing as far as the roster, nothing beats the real thing. I hope our boys give us a great show. Now if my darned Bruschi jersey can get here today, I'd be thrilled.

Tell you what, grab a Bruschi tomorrow sit back, relax, and watched PSU bring the whoopin on ND. I know, I know, I should love Weis, but something about the Irish and the MEdia hype annoys me... oh and also I went to PSU, that might be the reason why too. Should be a great game anyways though.

TeamPats said:
Tell you what, grab a Bruschi tomorrow sit back, relax, and watched PSU bring the whoopin on ND. I know, I know, I should love Weis, but something about the Irish and the MEdia hype annoys me... oh and also I went to PSU, that might be the reason why too. Should be a great game anyways though.

GO ND Weis has been a good friend to the Pats even after he left. He will always be a Patriot.

I'm a huge ND bandwagoner now that Weis is there. Ditto for guys like Ferentz, Pat Hill and, now, Urban Meyer. Those are our scouts now, our pipeline. Love watching their teams play.

Last edited:
The 48 hours before the playoff and SB games were WAY longer.

I am fighting the urge to rush Sunday mentally. The weekends are short enough without me wishing away the better part of Friday and Saturday. But then the longer Friday and Saturday take, the longer I have to wait until Patriots Kickoff 2006. Ugh. I'll just let time do it's own thing and just make a date with a beer for 1 pm Sunday afternoon. I know that beer will be waiting for me :)

Sunday AM will be the worst, lots to do between now and then, but on that morning feel like I am in a desert searching for water.

scott99 said:
Man,

I'm sitting at home (have the day off), and watching NFL Live, and I know the next 48 hours are going to be the longest ever. I know tomorrow, I'll be counting every second until Sunday's game. This has been a very long offseason, and though I enjoyed the draft, and all of our guessing as far as the roster, nothing beats the real thing. I hope our boys give us a great show. Now if my darned Bruschi jersey can get here today, I'd be thrilled.
I´ll second that.:rocker:
Boy I can´t wait any longer. I just want to see how good this team will be and hope they won´t disappiont me. Should be a good game.

Now give me some FOOTBALL.......Go Pats.

It's less than 47 hours now. See how fast it goes? :)

a little bit less then 47 hours and then...

G O P A T S !!!!!

GO PATS !!!!!

scott99 said:
Man,

If you need a football fix before Sunday, head over to BC and watch them play Clemson. Should be a great game and a great appetizer for the controlled scrimmage on Sunday vs. the Buffalonians.

Jacky Roberts said:
If you need a football fix before Sunday, head over to BC and watch them play Clemson. Should be a great game and a great appetizer for the controlled scrimmage on Sunday vs. the Buffalonians.

I wish I could Jacky, but I'm in San Francisco. I will get a good football overload this weekend with some college ball tomorrow, and a pro football overdose on Sunday. God I love football. Plus the wife is gone for a week starting Saturday morning !!......Nuthin but football !!!!!

scott99 said:
This has been a very long offseason, and though I enjoyed the draft, and all of our guessing as far as the roster, nothing beats the real thing.

I can't pinpoint all the reasons why, but I'm not sure I've ever been more excited for the start of any season in any sport than I am this year's Pats. Maybe it was the brutal Denver loss, the fact that Brady just keeps getting better, the fact that we added 2 weapons to Brady's arsenal in the draft, or that Dillon will be healthy, or that no one is picking us to win the SB, or that no one can think we can win without Deion Branch, or that Ron Borges as*holeness escalates on a daily baisis, or that Rodney is coming back with a vengeance....

OK, so I can pinpoint a few reasons.

Last edited:
Luckily I have season tickets to BC football. So I will go to the Clemson game, tail gate 3 hours before, enjoy the game, have a nice long ride home and the day will be over and soon Sunday! :)

Longest 2 weeks of the year is the break between the AFCCG and the Super Bowl (when the Pats are in it). Those 2 weeks last 2 years.

tick...tick...tick...time is dragging so slowly. I am more than ready for Sunday. We win then Tennessee wins and we are in first. Sweet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back