2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you offended by RedS ox chants at Patriots games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about an option that says, "No, it's great, it shows Boston unity behind all of their great sports teams and I'd like to hear a Lets go Pats chant during the World Series too"

People that Like the Pats but don't particularly care for the Red Sox need to STFU. This is Boston and we support ALL of our teams.

How about an option that says, "No, it's great, it shows Boston unity behind all of their great sports teams and I'd like to hear a Lets go Pats chant during the World Series too"

People that Like the Pats but don't particularly care for the Red Sox need to STFU. This is Boston and we support ALL of our teams.

The last option takes care of that but it's not so wordy.

Same could be said to Red Sox first fans. We have fans all over the country and world and so "this is Boston" doesn't apply. That's being very provincial. Maybe you should take a trip outside Route 128, it's a big world out there.

Maybe you should take a trip outside Route 128, it's a big world out there.

Goodness, man, don't you know? Past Route 128 and before Route 495 is the great Forbidden Zone. The world drops off just beyond there like a cliff into a vast abyss, at the bottom of which are monsters and evildoers. At least, that's what some Red Sox fans told me ...

Last edited:
I didn't stay up for the entire game.

So, when the game was in the bag for the Red Sox in the 9th inning, did the faithful at Fenway chant "Let's Go Patriots"?

Rigth now, the vote is 21-21 and 7 say it's OK if Red Sox fans chant "let go Patriots".

We are not talking about local players and coaches supporting each other. We are talking about fans at games. Rant all you want, the votes will tell the story.:rocker:

Actually, the original thread tells the story. Anyone can vote on this and we all know there are DB's with more than one screen name who vote twice.

THE ORIGINAL POST GIVES A MUCH CLEARER PICTURE OF PATRIOT NATION OPINION...so there, it is written.

It's a pretty well known fact that forum polls are never accurate. I belong to a political forum with 3 times the membership of this board and they stopped doing polls due to this reason.

I didn't stay up for the entire game.

So, when the game was in the bag for the Red Sox in the 9th inning, did the faithful at Fenway chant "Let's Go Patriots"?
they would have if the pats were in the playoffs.but i guess you would have to be from the boston area to know that.:rolleyes:

I happen to be a Rockies fan along with a Redskins fan.

Last night was effing ugly. I never, ever want to witness anything like that again.

Anyway, I voted classless and gay. Who does something like that? I could see fans doing it if you were 0-7 but the Pats are the best team in the league. That just seems wrong to me.

I happen to be a Rockies fan along with a Redskins fan.

Last night was effing ugly. I never, ever want to witness anything like that again.

Anyway, I voted classless and gay. Who does something like that? I could see fans doing it if you were 0-7 but the Pats are the best team in the league. That just seems wrong to me.
i think most people out of this region would agree, you didnt see the broncos fans chanting lets go rockies sunday night, most educated sports fans realise there is a time and place for certain things,

OK, that thread seems to go on and on and many do not want o get invloved with it. However you do have an opinion so you can now vote on the subject.

Are you offended by Red Sox chants at Patriots games?

Don't look now, but your bias is showing. If only you had removed the word "sacred" from that one choice, you may have come off looking like someone that actually cared what other people thought about this. Oh, so close.

Who does something like that? I could see fans doing it if you were 0-7 but the Pats are the best team in the league. That just seems wrong to me.

Put more than five people from Boston together. no matter where they are, and a "Yankees Suck" chant is bound to break out. Patriots games, weddings, funerals, etc.

Don't look now, but your bias is showing. If only you had removed the word "sacred" from that one choice, you may have come off looking like someone that actually cared what other people thought about this. Oh, so close.

yes, I need sensitivity training.

But, I guess that they didn't chant "Let's go Patriots". But, if the Patriots were in the playoff's they would , right? But, the Patriots don't have playoff games until January, so I guess the Red Sox fans get a pass on being "area team fans".

i think most people out of this region would agree, you didnt see the broncos fans chanting lets go rockies sunday night, most educated sports fans realise there is a time and place for certain things,

You can't compare the New England fan base with Denver...that just doesn't make sense. The Sox go back over 100 years.

The only thing that will determine if it is ok or not is whether fans do it. If a bunch of fans start chanting "Let's go Red Sox" during Sunday's Pats game, there you'll have it! That will be the ultimate proof that it's ok.

Really can't debate that fact.:D

And BTW...that WILL happen!:eek:

Last edited:
You can't compare the New England fan base with Denver...that just doesn't make sense. The Sox go back over 100 years.

The only thing that will determine if it is ok or not is whether fans do it. If a bunch of fans start chanting "Let's go Red Sox" during Sunday's Pats game, there you'll have it! That will be the ultimate proof that it's ok.

If a bunch of fans get drunk and pee down the backs of little kids in front of them, that will be OK? Would that be the ultimate proof that peeing down is
ok?

if your going to the pats game your energy is better spent rooting on the patriots, if your going to chant lets go red sox your ticket would be better in the hands of a true pats fans that will rot on the pats, not someone there to try to prove his point, were you around 100 years ago, what difference does that make????live for today man, and root for the best team in football, and when you go to fenway root for the sox, is that so dificult to understand?

But, I guess that they didn't chant "Let's go Patriots". But, if the Patriots were in the playoff's they would , right? But, the Patriots don't have playoff games until January, so I guess the Red Sox fans get a pass on being "area team fans".

That's exactly right. The Red Sox are in the postseason during the Pats regular season. You hear Red Sox chants.

Someone mentioned the chants of "Beat LA" you would hear at Fenway during the Bird era....when the Celts are in the playoffs.

You wouldn't hear any Red Sox chants during a Pats Super Bowl just like you won't hear any Patriots chants during the Red Sox World Series.

I didn't realize this was so complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back