PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Logic behind Wilfork's fine: Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
From My Crease:

The fine itself is not for Wilfork's alleged elbow to Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, but instead, for what league officials felt was a pattern of aggression that could negatively impact other players in the game, the league source said.

When Wilfork met with commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday, Goodell wanted to be sure that Wilfork understood the importance of the safety of the players around him. The fine provides Wilfork something tangible that clearly reflects Goodell's thoughts.

So, the players can now be fined based on possible intent to cause injury or being "agressive"? WTF.

Last edited:
Interesting quote, with no link and no attribution. Is that from the NFL press release or a Florio speculation?

Last edited:
Patterns of behavior get you sent to prison for very long periods of time, let alone fined. Welcome to authoritarianism in its many manifestations.

Welcome to authoritarianism in its many manifestations.

Truth.

"The fine provides Wilfork something tangible that clearly reflects Goodell's thoughts. " Couldn't GODell have just sent Vince an engraved pen instead? Or a memo:D

OOC-out of control.

Perhaps Herr Oberfurher Goodell has had a conversation with the officials and mandated that they throw copious flags in the Indy game because of a pattern of infractions by the Patriots. It would be something tangible, reflecting his thoughts.

Patterns of behavior get you sent to prison for very long periods of time, let alone fined. Welcome to authoritarianism in its many manifestations.

there is no evidence of a hit...

and therefore what the NFL is doing is fining wilfork for what actions he MAY do in the future...

b/c so far between last yr and this yr, he had one unintentional hit, and one phantom hit...

in ur example, that means we get sent to prison for something we MAY do in the future

From My Crease:

So, the players can now be fined based on possible intent to cause injury or being "agressive"? WTF.

Troy Polamalu is looking more prescient by the day. This is laughable. Wilfork is starting to get a reputation as a dirty player which, IMO, is totally undeserved.

and therefore what the NFL is doing is fining wilfork for what actions he MAY do in the future...

b/c so far between last yr and this yr, he had one unintentional hit, and one phantom hit...

in ur example, that means we get sent to prison for something we MAY do in the future

Minority Report... NFL style!

NFL Video Galleries

starts at about 1 min in the video whatever evidence they looked at.

He should be grateful he wasn't suspended. What's up with these players and maliciously trying to injure other players? I guess he has to fill in for Rodney while he's out.

He should be grateful he wasn't suspended. What's up with these players and maliciously trying to injure other players? I guess he has to fill in for Rodney while he's out.

Welcome back aqua...

Grateful? Watch that vid and let me know what he did again...

NFL Video Galleries

starts at about 1 min in the video whatever evidence they looked at.

The League was right not to suspend, but wrong to fine. Then again, Ommissioner Clouseau may be the worst person to ever hold that job, so it's not really a surprise that he would make such a stupid ruling. The NFLPA has really got to deal with this sort of crap in the next CBA if the owners don't do the right thing and get rid of this clown.

Last edited:
Grateful? Watch that vid and let me know what he did again...

I'm not referencing this exact hit. Wilfork has been doing it his whole career. Ask Brandon Jacobs' eyeballs.

I'm not referencing this exact hit. Wilfork has been doing it his whole career. Ask Brandon Jacobs' eyeballs.

Jacobs' eyeball has never been touched by Wilfork, his forehead on the otherhand...

Doing what? You gotta back up accusations around this place, especially since your obviously on a path toward a covered bridge or a JRR Tolkien book.

It's posts like this that make me debate whether or not it is worth the time adding another yahoo to my ignore list (which only had 3 people there now) or if I should just wait a few days when the yahoo in question will inevitably dissapear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots