Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Little Dictator

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +532 / 2 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

FYI this anonymous "insider" has quite the scoop doesn't he??

The reality is that in any scheduled interview there are groundrules, and parameters as to what can be brought up during the interview..

That is controlling the message/media, and it is what all politicians do..
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Very true but wouldn't it be nice if the press pool could ask any question ... somewhat like the old days?
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Do not disagree, but in this day and age this applies to just about any interview...

They do the same thing with movie stars, prior to they convey what is ok to ask and what is off limits...
  5. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Politicians = Movie Stars ? :eek:
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +532 / 2 / -9

Only when a Liberal brings it up, I get bashed all the time for posting some Hollywood moron on their politics.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Now with the blogs, Twitter and Facebook good old fashioned journalism is gone. Everyone knows they can get their message out on their own on their terms. Not blaming the people blaming the system and the media.

They could kick this story to the front page for all who hide ... we'll see if they do. Right now they need the election advertising revenue so we'll have to wait until November to see if anything changes. Romney is also pulling this crap and he's not even elected.
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

There was no indication of equality of the two, just a comparison as to how both need to control what is asked..

Thanks for paying attention though..
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, ummm... It's hardly "gone." .... But then, it's up to you the viewer/reader to be able to decipher between real news, and Harry-style news. It's a pretty easy process for me. Are you up to the task? I'll bet you are, but I'm sure it's easier to just "blame the media" as a whole. :rolleyes:
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Nice cop out post there TP ... people are entitled to their opinion as distasteful as it may seem at times ... even you have yours ... right. :americaflag:

But you've had a harry problem through a few member names ...
    oh well ... just you being you ... or would it be you being you people. :idea2:
  11. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speaking of cop outs... way to ignore the premise of what I wrote.

Yes, I have an opinion. And considering you haven't challenged it, and instead flame from the sidelines, I'll assume you can't challenge it.

Still insisting I'm some other poster, I see. Whatever sounds easiest in your head, I guess. Just like your rationale regarding the media.

And, the "harry problem" isn't mine. It's your side's. He's an embarrassment to your ideology, and I think you know it.
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

I am not harry and Harry is not me ... that's what hlps make the country great ... we are many differing opinions free to express them. As per the media if that's what your referring to ... yes they are weaker. We are talking about the White House press pool. not exactly the bastion of hard ball questions. he is even avoiding them and screening their questions. Not that others haven't but he's the man in the office right now and he's all that matters on the topic in the present.

The media is left to express their opinions as editorials and in blogs. Sure many of us see it but the majority of the voting public does not or chooses not to. Romney can play this game a bit - his fate to be decided. But Obama is playing the role of candidate and he's the President ... that's another cop out. Hiding behind his candidacy to escape the questions America has for him. Shame on you for condoning it because he is of your preferred party.

I have spoken for and against all presidents since I have been posting here. How anyone can absolve one over the other based on party I do not understand.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I remember when Carter was President and the press coprs would be standing up, yelling "Mr. President!, Mr. President!", and shouting out questions until Jimmy picked someone and then everyone would sit down and wait it out until he was done answering. Then they would all do it again for the next question. It was more open, rowdy, and informal.

Reagan came in and changed the rules ...BIG time. Jim Brady changed the rules for Reagan's first presser and it has stuck since then.

Spokane Daily Chronicle - Google News Archive Search.

Now, for some odd reason, some people think that we should relax the code for the current President...for some odd reason.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

MSNBC, Politico, WaPo Reporters Complain About Biden Campaign Control Of Press

The pool report is a brief memo that is usually written by one reporter that goes out to members of the press who were not able to make it to an event where the president or vice president attended. The pool report often contains a few lines that the president or vice president, or POTUS/VPOTUS as it is often written in the pool reports, said. Sometimes gaffes made by the candidates are included in the report.

Martin says that as of late the Biden campaign team has gone through pool reports and then tells the reporter what is okay and what is not okay to print.

MSNBC, Politico, WaPo Reporters Complain About Biden Campaign Control Of Press | RealClearPolitics
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

First and foremost, I thought Obama was going to be different? At any rate, it isn't so much a "relaxing of the code", as much as it is a lack of answering questions from the press.

Aug 16, 2012 11:20am

President Obama Takes Questions from People Mag, Entertainment Tonight, Disses White House Press Corps

President Obama hasn’t formally taken questions from the White House press corps in more than two months, while on the campaign trail in Iowa yesterday he made time for reporters from People Magazine and Entertainment Tonight.

His last news conference was at the G20 in June, when he answered six questions from three reporters on the European debt crisis, the conflict in Syria, and the notion of politics stopping at the water’s edge.

The White House press corps has not formally been given the opportunity to ask questions of the president on U.S. soil since his appearance in the Briefing Room on June 8 (when he said “the private sector is doing fine.“)

His last formal White House news conference was on March 6.

President Obama Takes Questions from People Mag, Entertainment Tonight, Disses White House Press Corps - ABC News 3