Welcome to PatsFans.com

The List of Everything That's Haunting Me

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by aluminum seats, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Damn, I can't get anything done today. All the "if onlys" are running through my head over and over. So I'm thinking if I write them down maybe I can exorcize them for awhile.......

In no particular order:

--If Samuel had held onto that pick
    --If we had stopped them on 4th down
    --If Manning goes down on that third down play, or Harrison knocks it away, or if one of the three Pats in the area make a play
    --If at some point the lead had been expanded to 14-3
    --Like after the too many men on the field penalty that didn't pay off
    --If we had successfully challenged the fumble non-recovery by Woods
    --If we had gone for a FG instead of 4th & 13
    --If we had attacked the Giants the whole game instead of waiting until the last 2 minutes
    --Similarly, if the coaches had responded to the game and changed what we were doing on offense
    --If we attempted something other than desperation heaves over the last 30 seconds....it was desperation time, but not as desperate as they made it seem going for Hail Marys right away

I'm sure there are others, add your own........maybe we can vomit this stuff out of our system a little........
  2. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I remember an INT going right through Meriweather's hands on the last drive.

And of course having Hobbs 1-on-1 against Plax with no help. That's going to haunt me for a while.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

There's only one for me - the non sack by Thomas. Sack makes it, what, 4th and 18 ? Even incomplete makes it 4th and 10 I think. Great shape and should have happened (that pass is completed about 1 in 50). All the other stuff could have happened but were anywhere from longshots to 50-50 at best. The Thomas play SHOULD have resulted in 4th and 10 or longer. Damn it.
  4. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

First, that doesn't even make sense.

Second, it's either children or idiots who choose to celebrate their teams' success by trolling on other fans' message boards. I've never done that and never will. Pathetic.
  5. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You mean this account in January, huh? Good God. Just go away.

As annoying as this twerp is, let me note something else getting back to the purpose of the thread.......

--The fact that the Pats didn't turn the ball over or give up any special teams TDs. I thought that would be hugely determinative.
  6. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

Brady lost a fumble and I noticed there guy didn't let it go. Didn't account for any points though.
  7. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have died a thousand tiny deaths today.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

We had chances to stop them and didn't make the play. Only looss that is worse for me is the game in 76 against the Raiders. At least here the Giants deserved the win, the refs didn't cost us the game.
  9. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're a freakin troll and you know it. Is that picture what your load looks like when you finish rubbing one out to pictures of Eli?
  10. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I believe we have bingo. Depsite all the shortcomings throughout the game, it all would have been ok on this one. AD was first, then Green and Seymour each had a shot.

Asante was close to that pick, but I'm not sure that had he jumped a little higher or stretched a little more to catch it, that he would have landed in bounds.

Can't kill Meriweather on that play, would have been an unbelievable catch.

Also I have no idea how Woods didn't come up with that ball. I think I would have challenged.
  11. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If we would have ran a running play when we were in the red zone to eat more time off the clock.

Or if we wouldn't have tried 4 bombs to Moss at the end with 3 timeouts and 50 yards to go.
  12. Carpentier

Carpentier Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Two points on offense really stick out. The first one was when Brady lost the fumble. The offense really seemed to move the ball and at least a FG attempt looked likely. The second one was one the Patriots were on the Giants 28 and Brady was sacked. Before it I prayed for no Turnover and no sack. Instead their is a sack and Belliceck doesn't trust Ghostkowski.
    The whole second half we had lousy fieldposition and moved the ball twendy, thirty yards and than punted.
  13. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I can't believe I forgot about the fumble. My brain is fried, I swear to God.
  14. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Again I go back to the 1st & goal situation in the 4th & why they didn't run some clock to make it harder if not near impossible on Eli.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  15. patriotsdynasty12189

patriotsdynasty12189 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Or having Pierre Woods not get that fumble by Bradshaw when he was smothering it....
  16. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like last year, the better team won. It's hard to be haunted by shouldas and wouldas when that happens. It's not like the Denver game when we were done in by officials and sloppy play.
  17. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Pierre Woods should have bit the arm of Bradshaw, or anyone else wearing a white jersey. He just prematurely ass-u-med that the zebras were going to immediately give NE possesion. That non-possesion probably cost us at least 3 points.

Another 3 points were lost at the end of the 1st half. First, Watson's holding penalty cost us 30 seconds before the lost yardage was replaced. Then, instead of using the middle of the field with a draw or WR/RB screen when there were 22 seconds and one timeout remaining from the jints' 44, TB takes a 7-step drop and, predictably, a sack.

Halftime score should have been: NEP 13, NJG 3.

In the 2nd half, the killer play of the game turns out to be the 3rd/7 from the jints' 25 during the 3rd quarter. There is no way - NO EFFIN WAY - that we should not have scored at least 3 points on that drive.

End of 3rd quarter: NEP 16, NJG 3.

So, after the jints score their first TD, the score is still 16-10, good guys. Then, after we score the 4th-quarter TD (on what should have been running plays so that 3rd/goal comes at the 2-minute warning), the ball game is over.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. I still can't believe what actually happened.
  18. bigdgp

bigdgp Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I got back from AZ on Saturday and just watched the game. Wow, I feel even worse now than when I was at the game. Terrible offensive PI on Toomer. Also, Watson's false start was obviously induced. Both terrible calls. The Woods fumble call was at the very least questionable. Unfortunately my wife doesn't know how to work the DVR and I missed the last 6 minutes of the game.

At the game the big thing that stuck out to me was in the 4th quarter on 1 st Goal at the 6 we threw the ball on down 1 & 2. Using the clock there forces a NYG timeout and brings the clock to the point where NY is less likely to score.

I felt like it was a replay of the AFCCG last year where we didn't use enough clock on our drive giving the other team a chance to come back and score and not enough time for us to retatiate, not good times...
  19. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

why put yourself thru the agony ? just let it go .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.