PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Said recently that, as strange as it is to contemplate, the linebackers are the weak link of this team. Not having Harrison yesterday hurt, but Bruschi shouldn't be a starter anymore, Banta-Cain definitely not, etc.

Said recently that, as strange as it is to contemplate, the linebackers are the weak link of this team. Not having Harrison yesterday hurt, but Bruschi shouldn't be a starter anymore, Banta-Cain definitely not, etc.

I love Tedy Bruschi (see avatar). But even I have to admit, he looks old out there. Vrable is still a good player but is starting to show signs of either age or wear-and-tear. Alexander shouldn't have been out there but what are you going to do with no Seau and Vrable playing outside.

Linebacker has been a spot has been ignored by BB and Pioli in the draft or FA for far too long. I hope this will be the focus of te upcoming draft. They need to get the new kids on board before Bruschi hangs up his spikes for good.

Is this the year we see an LB drafted in the early rounds?

Ehh probably not, prolly another TE :D

Adalius Thomas is the one I want. London Fletcher will probably be the apple of the Pioli-chick eye though.

Others would probably be more insightful than me as far as specific replacements go. But linebackers are the key to this offense--the 3 down lineman tie things up so the LBs can make plays. The secondary is really less important in this system (obviously top corners are great, but they are not as vital as the LBs--meaning Samuel's gone). Can anyone name a single play that ANY of the linebackers made yesterday? Yeah, me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots