PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Lightning Speed" No Huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when the coaching staff took away the playbooks after the first session of training camp this year? We knew something significant was up, because that's normally a heavy study time. Now we know what - the "one word" system. I love it.

Of course, they need to change the words for each succeeding opponent. The words need to be distinct. Against the Jets, for example, the words could be: Feet, Toe, Lick, Snack, Lapband, Ringkiss.

they will slow it down this week in seattle with that noise

Chip Kelly's offense at Oregon is pretty easy to stop if you have a dominant defensive line (OSU's D line in the Rose Bowl 2009, Auburn's D line in the BCS title in 2010, LSU's D line in 2011 and USC'd D line in 2011).

That said, I really hope no one figures out to crack this offense. This no huddle warp speed offense can run the ball (ground and pound) and pass w. the greatest QB we have ever seen.

We actually saw bits of it last year vs the Jets twice. The last ground and pound drive in the first Jets game and saw it a lot in the 2nd game vs the Jets.

Chip Kelly's offense at Oregon is pretty easy to stop if you have a dominant defensive line (OSU's D line in the Rose Bowl 2009, Auburn's D line in the BCS title in 2010, LSU's D line in 2011 and USC'd D line in 2011).

That said, I really hope no one figures out to crack this offense. This no huddle warp speed offense can run the ball (ground and pound) and pass w. the greatest QB we have ever seen.

We actually saw bits of it last year vs the Jets twice. The last ground and pound drive in the first Jets game and saw it a lot in the 2nd game vs the Jets.

Pete Carrolls USC defense got thrashed 47 to 20 by Oregon. I hope that is the "no huddle defense" he is working on.

Hmmm..I stated 2011.

I know, and PC wasn't there in 2011. Rumors are he thinks he has a no huddle defense figured out. It certainly didn't work for his last USC team against Oregon.

Bedard also had this to say on twitter today

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
I'll try to be back later for some thoughts on the Denver game. One takeaway: Patriots offense looked tired from no huddle in final 19 min.

Bedard also had this to say on twitter today

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
I'll try to be back later for some thoughts on the Denver game. One takeaway: Patriots offense looked tired from no huddle in final 19 min.

That's really interesting. They should be able to keep the WR's and RB's fresh from rotations, but the OL and TE depth is a problem right now with the injuries.

A Chip Kelly Offense has never been Quarterbacked by Tom Brady. ;)

Honestly, i think this high tempo no tempo should just be known straight up as the Blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg means "lightning war" in German, and I can't really think of a more appropriate term that would fit. The tactics displayed between the Germans in WWII and the Patriots on Sunday are eerily similar. Check this out.

"...concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on."

:eek::eek:

If that isn't the definition of what we saw Sunday, please let me know.

Last edited:
Honestly, i think this high tempo no tempo should just be known straight up as the Blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg means "lightning war" in German, and I can't really think of a more appropriate term that would fit. The tactics displayed between the Germans in WWII and the Patriots on Sunday are eerily similar. Check this out.

"...concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on."

Add some "Bop", Ramones style, to it and well, Bobs Your Uncle.

instead of the 2-minute offense, how about the 2-second offense?

never happen...the three brain celled fascist dictator of the NFL, Badsmell ,will feel threatened and immediately issue court orders and charge everyone involved with "perjury".

Mike Leach, yep.

And that scheme worked in part because of some short receiver they had who had this knack for getting open. . . . If only the Pats had that guy on their team. . . .

Oh, wait, they do. :D

That offense was insane because they were were lined up in basically the same spread formation 100% of the time, telling the other team "you know exactly what we're doing and you still can't stop it."

Funny thing is that Welker, even though he was a badass in college, wasn't really head and shoulders above most of Tech's receivers in the passing game. A lot of the yardage he racked up was on kick returns.

The scheme was the key and they had about 6 or 7 WRs (some not all that good) rotating in and out. Regardless of their respective talent levels, every WR would would invariably have multiiple catch games. Ball distribution at it's finest.

I actually sort of dreamed of BB hiring Leach as our OC after he got taken down by Craig James and the ESPN smear machine. His and BOB's schemes are about as close as you can get to each other.

I actually sort of dreamed of BB hiring Leach as our OC after he got taken down by Craig James and the ESPN smear machine. His and BOB's schemes are about as close as you can get to each other.

When 60 Minutes profiled Mike Leach, they raised a very good point: Texas Tech was getting the players that Oklahoma and Texas didn't want.

Imagine if he had the talent of an Oklahoma to work with.

Imagine if he had GRONKnandez. :eek:

When 60 Minutes profiled Mike Leach, they raised a very good point: Texas Tech was getting the players that Oklahoma and Texas didn't want.

Imagine if he had the talent of an Oklahoma to work with.

Imagine if he had GRONKnandez. :eek:

OT, but you're right--Leach was getting mostly 3 star recruits while Stoops and Mack Brown were loading there teams with nothing but 5's.

Always been that way down there and the fact that Leach was able to complete with the talent he had to settle for year after year makes him a borderline offensive genius. That school will rue the day they fired him throughout eternity.

If they continue to use this and perfect it, the quick no huddle will need a name.

And "Please, Mr. Brady, can I get set first" won't do.

Maybe Formula One Package to counter the nascar package.
Sikorsky No Huddle
Tachus Offensus

nah, I got nothing tonight.

E = TB^2
Terminal Velocity
The Quick Blue Line
Down... Set... Huh?

Yeah, I tuned into the Sunday night game and it looked like the Saints and Chargers were playing in slooooow motioooon. I wonder if the Pats will be able to do something similar in a noisy stadium where communication is difficult.

I heard Tommy LomBrady talk about that in an interview and he doesn't think they will be able to run it as easily. There won't be many better tests of that than this week's game.

Down... Set... Huh?
This one put the dougy smile on my face :)

Though that Formula One might work now that we know they are using one word to cmmunicate the play/formations/...

Last edited:
That's really interesting. They should be able to keep the WR's and RB's fresh from rotations, but the OL and TE depth is a problem right now with the injuries.

Not much rotation when you are not subbing and not allowing other team to sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back