PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Lightning Speed" No Huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfred

Banned
Reaction score
I had made a comment while watching the game that it seemed to me that the Pats were coming to the line from the no huddle at an amazing lightning speed. Much faster than I had ever noticed any other team use the no huddle that quickly. I have labeled it "The Lightning Speed" No huddle.

That, BTW, is a testament to the intelligent players that Belichick likes to draft.

In one of the articles I read this morning that Gronk said that they were getting to the line, ready to go, in many instances where the officials had to scurry to get back into position before the snap of the ball.

This is a great weapon. Especially for a team that has a "Tom Brady" calling the plays and with what appears to be an improved running game, something that opposing defenses, now, can not take lightly.

I would hope that Josh McDaniel's sees what he now has and doesn't, all of a sudden, veer off course.

I was really impressed with this ability to go at lightening speed (which seemed to be put into place to combat Manning, who does the same thing). The only time it hurt us, IMO, was on that 4th down call where Brady almost got killed. The Pats didn't look ready and the massive rush against Brady seemed to gel because our own players weren't ready for the play.

I had made a comment while watching the game that it seemed to me that the Pats were coming to the line from the no huddle at an amazing lightning speed. Much faster than I had ever noticed any other team use the no huddle that quickly. I have labeled it "The Lightning Speed" No huddle.

That, BTW, is a testament to the intelligent players that Belichick likes to draft.

In one of the articles I read this morning that Gronk said that they were getting to the line, ready to go, in many instances where the officials had to scurry to get back into position before the snap of the ball.

This is a great weapon. Especially for a team that has a "Tom Brady" calling the plays and with what appears to be an improved running game, something that opposing defenses, now, can not take lightly.

I would hope that Josh McDaniel's sees what he now has and doesn't, all of a sudden, veer off course.

Yeah, I tuned into the Sunday night game and it looked like the Saints and Chargers were playing in slooooow motioooon. I wonder if the Pats will be able to do something similar in a noisy stadium where communication is difficult.

Yeah, I tuned into the Sunday night game and it looked like the Saints and Chargers were playing in slooooow motioooon. I wonder if the Pats will be able to do something similar in a noisy stadium where communication is difficult.

That is a very valid question making it very important that the Pats score early and take the crowd out of the game.

It's an offensive blitzkrieg.

If they continue to use this and perfect it, the quick no huddle will need a name.

And "Please, Mr. Brady, can I get set first" won't do.

Maybe Formula One Package to counter the nascar package.
Sikorsky No Huddle
Tachus Offensus

nah, I got nothing tonight.

Brady, motioning to the other team's bench, "Hey guys, we're ready to go. Would you like to send out your defensive unit."

The New England Ducks?

There it is ... RT @andrewgobeil: @AlbertBreer CBS crew said ysterday that Chip Kelly did in fact work with McDaniels over the summer.

I wonder if this has any future ramifications beyond having an uptempo offense. Draft picks/coaching/lighter faster Pats offense?

Maybe it means nothing more than that it makes perfect sense to pull in the best from CFB's best offense and the continuing relationship with Nick Saban and CFB's best defense.

Mods: Sorry but didn't see the "The "Lightning Speed" No Huddle" thread. Probably best to merge mine into there if you so feel

Last edited:
This no huddle is so fast it makes the no huddle not fast!

Last edited:
If they continue to use this and perfect it, the quick no huddle will need a name.

Sikorsky No Huddle
Tachus Offensus

Passings and Gassing your Assings(Even though the run game is a big part):p

Last edited:

Sikorsky No Huddle
Tachus Offensus

This!

How about "Mach Brady"

Re: The New England Ducks?

I wonder if this has any future ramifications beyond having an uptempo offense. Draft picks/coaching/lighter faster Pats offense?

Maybe it means nothing more than that it makes perfect sense to pull in the best from CFB's best offense and the continuing relationship with Nick Saban and CFB's best defense.

Mods: Sorry but didn't see the "The "Lightning Speed" No Huddle" thread. Probably best to merge mine into there if you so feel
It appears that Chip Kelly worked with Matt Patricia too. What I'd give to see a Crimson Tide-like defense from the Patriots.

I hope he gave McDaniels some tips to deal with the fake injuries for when they start popping up as a means to slow down the tempo. Some Oregon student put together a really hilarious YT video of Ducks opponents faking injury to stop the speed no-huddle, intersplicing it with European soccer players practicing how to fake injuries on the field. I can't for the life of me, find it.

I really liked Lamichael James, and was hoping they would pick him in the draft. Though we have several players like him, he just has an extra gear that Woodhead and Vereen don't have.

I really liked Lamichael James, and was hoping they would pick him in the draft. Though we have several players like him, he just has an extra gear that Woodhead and Vereen don't have.

I liked James too, but with Woodhead and Vereen he would be redundant, I disagree that Woodhead doesn't have that gear and Vereen is stronger and still has home run speed.

Re: Bedard:patriots no-huddle relies on power of one

This article is a must-read. Fantastic stuff from Bedard.

Re: Bedard:patriots no-huddle relies on power of one

Let the patriots be the trendsetters for offense in this league from 2001 to 2010 , BB has changed this so often, run and play defense to spread formation in 2007 like urban meyer's offense to now chip kelly's offense. Just amazing, wish people realized this more around the league instead of constantly hating the pats. And us pats fans, who knows how long this creativity will last ...enjoy it to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back