PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Letter M first round initials thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
I know it's been said before, but I still find it completely strange that that the last 5 round picks have all begun with the letter M, saying that who do we pick this year.... Mallet?

Mankins
Maroney
Merriweather
Mayo
McCourty

I know it's been said before, but I still find it completely strange that that the last 5 round picks have all begun with the letter M, saying that who do we pick this year.... Mallet?

Mankins
Maroney
Merriweather
Mayo
McCourty

They did it to trick the Jets into picking Mark Sanchez.

After drafting Warren, Wilfork, then Watson, someone decided to shake up the draft strategy and turned the W upside down.

Assuming Mallett is not on their draft board, the only 2 that fit are Von Miller and Rahim Moore. Not what I would do but considering the limited draft pool based on first letter of last name, not that bad.

Here's a sleeper. Dontay Moch - Nevada. LB who supposedly ran a 4.25 forty this summer. Sounds more like a Raider pick than us. Who knows.

It will make predicting our first round draft pick much easier next year

Even tho I say that here were my M name predictions the past 3 years:
Derrick Morgan
Clay Mathews
Leodis McKelvin

It's tough to find an M to keep up the streak unless you use the first name and go for Mark Ingram. They obviously aren't going QB in round one and Von Miller doesn't fit our system at all. Moch is a longshot, but may have the best chance of keeping up the M steak. I'll throw in one more name, the Wisconsin interior lineman John Moffitt. Probably won't be a 1st rounder, but Mankins was in a similar situation.

Here's a sleeper. Dontay Moch - Nevada. LB who supposedly ran a 4.25 forty this summer. Sounds more like a Raider pick than us. Who knows.

You realize we have the Raider's pick?

You realize we have the Raider's pick?

By Raider pick, was meant to be workout warrior. Yes, I know we have the pick. I usually just post in the draft forum to avoid the clutter here.

If we wish to shop for M's for NE's cause, there are some options ...

Murray, DeMarco Oklahoma
Miller, Von Texas A&M
Moore, Rahim UCLA

... I'm more partial returning to the W's of the Super Bowl years ...

Wisniewski, Stefen Penn State
Wilson, Martez Illinois
Wilkerson, Muhammad Temple
Watt, J.J. Wisconsin

... however, kicking off a new decade of dynasty, BB's letter selection should rightly begin with an S ...

Sherrod, Derek Mississippi State
Solder, Nate Colorado
Smith, Jimmy Colorado
Sash, Tyler Iowa
Smith, Tyron Southern Cal

... which off course means the second 1st rounder should be a G.

Green, A.J. Georgia
Good, Stephen Oklahoma

:confused2:

Mankins
Maroney
Merriweather
Mayo
McCourty

The only association I want the Patriots having with Mallet is Spikes intercepting him, the guy is lesser talented version of Favre. Lets hope Marcell Dareus gets caught smoking Marijuana, which causing his stock to slide enough in order for us to get him with 1a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes