PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The League Investigating the Jets for tampering this past week

Perfect Goodellian solution: The Jest forfeit their 1st-round pick, then swap that empty slot with the Pats for compensation.

The only way the Pats will get justice in Tampergate is if the investigation and decision making is taken out of Goodell's hands entirely.....I have given much thought to this and offer the following :
Lead Investigator .... We need someone who is thorough, diligent and understands the concept that in this matter there is no such thing as a bad arrest, only a bad arrest report. Writing ability a plus. Tunescribe.
Lead Prosecutor..... Someone who is passionate, articulate and won't let the facts stand in the way of a conviction. Ability to make you spit up your morning Java without missing a beat pontification-wise a plus. Joker.
Judge and jury .... Someone who appears objective, dispassionate and all-knowing while still following the Rodney Harrison school of "fair play" and being a regular contributor to the Jets Suck thread. Ability to use Latin phrases to obfuscate a plus. Pats Wicked Pisser.

The only way the Pats will get justice in Tampergate is if the investigation and decision making is taken out of Goodell's hands entirely.....I have given much thought to this and offer the following :
Lead Investigator .... We need someone who is thorough, diligent and understands the concept that in this matter there is no such thing as a bad arrest, only a bad arrest report. Writing ability a plus. Tunescribe.
Lead Prosecutor..... Someone who is passionate, articulate and won't let the facts stand in the way of a conviction. Ability to make you spit up your morning Java without missing a beat pontification-wise a plus. Joker.
Judge and jury .... Someone who appears objective, dispassionate and all-knowing while still following the Rodney Harrison school of "fair play" and being a regular contributor to the Jets Suck thread. Ability to use Latin phrases to obfuscate a plus. Pats Wicked Pisser.

I liked where you were going with this Seacoast Fan, and like your selections for Lead Investigator, Prosecutor, and Judge and Jury.

Along the same lines, perhaps we also need a Defense Attorney.....An expert at deflecting the jury's attention from the undeniable facts by wearing down the jury with endless arguments and discussions on unrelated minutia, thus derailing the original (thread) discussion topic..... Actually, I think we may have several candidates for this job ;)

I liked where you were going with this Seacoast Fan, and like your selections for Lead Investigator, Prosecutor, and Judge and Jury.

Along the same lines, perhaps we also need a Defense Attorney.....An expert at deflecting the jury's attention from the undeniable facts by wearing down the jury with endless arguments and discussions on unrelated minutia, thus derailing the original (thread) discussion topic..... Actually, I think we may have several candidates for this job ;)

Thanks...you are right...LOL..
Also, upon upon reflection and in the interest of fairness we should separate the function of judge and jury....
For the jury we need a jury of Woody Johnson's peers , ie, ,complete and utter morons who have been made wealthy and powerful beyond measure by an accident of birth but who have still managed to become laughingstocks and abject failures. At the same time the jurors need to be able to vote upon swift and merciless punishment.
So there is Kim Jong-un, if we can straighten out his issues with the State Department.
That leaves 11 slots. But for the whole wealth and power element, I fit the bill.
Down to 10...
accepting volunteers.....

There's still absolutely no precedent for that kind of punishment for tampering. That said, I can see the league being EXTREMELY pissed, if they told Woody, "Hey, we're going to let your comments in the press conference blow over, then give you a slap on the wrist fine to acknowledge it. Just don't do anything stupid, okay?" Then he goes out and blatantly tampers again, signing the player he was originally referencing. If I were the NFL, the Jets would walk the plank.
Eh. More likely 'Good job, Woody! Way to stick it to Bill!"

of course, this means the league was NOT investigating the Jets for tampering when Woodheady opened his big mouth back in January.

krist, this rat infested league office needs to be fumigated...or burnt to the ground
To be fair, there wasn't much to investigate about that. Watch the video, then 'Ok, you're guilty, next?'

League is too busy with the confounding results that drops in temperature cause drops in psi. Goodell busy seeking redress with Congress to change laws.

goodie's serious this time.

latest

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back