PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The latest Pats fashion accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reiss mentioned today in his blog about the confusion on offense at times as far as communication.

globephoto__1253520226_7405.jpg

From Reiss.....

• Switching up the offensive communication. All of the Patriots' skill-position players had play sheets on their wrists as they ran the no-huddle throughout the game. On the sideline, receivers coach Chad O'Shea and practice squad quarterback Isaiah Stanback held up boards as a way to communicate to players on the field. Tight end Benjamin Watson couldn't remember the last time the offense did that, but seemed to remember it from earlier in his career. Quarterback Tom Brady didn't think the offense's struggles were a result of the communication, but more execution.

Last edited:
Thought that was interesting.. did not have much of an effect.

I can't imagine how this hurt the game. I've heard a few people blame this for the delay of game penalties. But how? It took too long to write 68-18 on a board??? :eek:

I can't imagine how this hurt the game. I've heard a few people blame this for the delay of game penalties. But how? It took too long to write 68-18 on a board??? :eek:

Did not hear that, interesting, thought the delays were Tom was rusty and he used quite a few audibles in the game, which were difficult to communicate.. can never remember this many issues in this area.

This seems 100% linked to the trade of our ex-backup QB from Detroit to the Jets. BB was probably assuming that he gave the Jesters all the signal calls which I assume were unchanged from pre-season.

So he wanted to at least protect the play calls from interception.

You've got to wonder WTF is going on. Looks like we're the team with the rookie coach.

Time to get back to basics, use the whole offense and trust your talent.

Stanback and O'Shea also held up whiteboards with play numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes