Welcome to PatsFans.com

The latest from Tina Fey & SNL...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +522 / 14 / -28

2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +522 / 14 / -28

SNL has a lot of great material, and may even become relevant again...

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +731 / 11 / -7

They're jumping into the political fray, and jumping in with both feet and all over the spectrum. It's actually pretty remarkable (as much as their banking crisis skit pissed me off.) They're noticing what's funny from various points of view, which is a rarity. When Fox tried to do it they flopped miserably; obviously, Stewart can do really well, primarily from the left, but he does go after the left when they are being ridiculous.

And much as I hate to say it, the skit that pissed me off pissed me off for political reasons, when the fact is that there's some humor to the march of "victims," because there are people out there represented by each of the ones shown. They're real human types and human failings are often the guts of good comedy. The verb "laugh" requires a direct object, and most of the time that direct object is a person not an idea. As in "I laugh at ____."

Also got a kick out of Biden saying stuff like "God love him, but he's a raving maniac," etc. That was the funniest part of the debate sketch.

The political part of me says "oh no it encourages a misplaced idea of the blame!" The human part of me says "yeah but that sh**'s funnnyyyyyy"

PFnV

5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,609 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard my face hurt. This morning on the news, they had some video of Palin campaigning and my girlfriend in the other room heard it and asked, "Is that Tina Fey again?" :rofl:

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Last night was not so great ... the writers must have had a brain cramp. The Biden stuff kept it going but they're going to need to create a scenario around it ... a skit because the debate is old already as far as comedy is concerned.

7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

loved both the debate skit and the Bush,Pelosi,Frank one. Biden saying "If I had to pick one person be marooned with on a deserted island it would be John McCain....." was hysterical. And again Tina Fey was using a lot of Palins own words and getting laughs.
    I like when she just blurts out Ronald Reagan.

And how the Barney Frank imitation? I laughed hardest at that one.

8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The guy doing Biden was right on target. Let me say that again: the guy doing Biden was right on target. :D

Tina Fey's schtick is getting older than Pat Paulson's run for president on SNL's precursor, "Laugh In". For her own career's sake she needs to drop it now, BEFORE Nov 4th, 'cause that dog ain't huntin' much anymore.

//

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I laughed the hardest at the people saying they ran up all kinds of debt and can't understand why they are losing their house. I didn't watch the rest of the show. I'm sure the VP debate was the same old.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

When SNL stays on you, you know you have arrived, you know your an American "Super Star"

Sarah became a "Super Star" the first day she hit town.

YOU BETCHA

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3] BE AFRAID. [/size] [size=+5]BE VERY AFRAID!!![/size]

[size=+3] Saracuda's gonna[/size][size=+5]GET YOU, BarackO!!!![/size]

:scared: ----------- :scared: -------------- :scared:

//

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

Sarah:
    The Fawning Slobbering Obama Groupies HATE Her That Means She Is The One

Sarah Will Defeat The Holy Great Massiah Barack Hussein Obama.

Praise Jesus And His Father God
    You Betcha

13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +731 / 11 / -7

So last count, out of 4 post I've read since the game was for the most part over...

two (2) rabid right wingers typing in very large letters with no real content, hoping to stoke fear of a washed up beauty queen. Two (2) rabid right wingers defaulting to comparison to Nazis.

And the "liberals" are afraid.

You guys are funny, I mean seriously. Thanks. :americaflag:

PFnV

14. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't know, I thought it was funny as hell. Tina does a very good parity of Palin. The guy doing Biden cracked me up. Who ever played Gwen was great.

The Polsi/Franks speach had me in tears.

The George Soros part was funny and yet oddly spooky. They were joking, but were they really? We will find out Tuesday I guess.

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

I was going to start a thread on this "Tho doest protest to loudly" phenomenon. You see the right wingers starting umteen threads a day about how the Dem's are so scared of the Snow Qween and McZombie. But very rarely the opposite. So who's really scared here, and who is confident.
    All of the fear facter threads clog up the board there are so many of them, 99% utterly ridiculous. I guess they have to keep talking each other up. Each thread a mini pep rally for the true believers.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The DNC certainly seems afraid of losing to McCain. Go to their web site and see how much of it is devoted to trashing McCain and Palin.

So much for the "positive" campaign.

//

17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

No need to go to either dnc or rnc boards. All i have to do is see that the snow queen is trying to link jobama to a ahh er terrorist that was never convicted to know thier scared. I've got a new catch phrase for the RNC it goes like this " If you ain't got nothin,you ain't got nothing to lose by using fear tactics again"
    And I'm sure Fog if I went to the RNC web site it would be filled with nothing but sunshine, and light :rolleyes:

Anyways I was talking as was PFiV about THIS BOARD FOG. This board the fear facter is palpable (that means you can feel it) ozeing through the screen. ;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The fact that Ayers was "never convicted" reflects more on the corrupt justice system in the U.S. than on his guilt. He is quoted as saying, "Sure, I did all those things, and I only wish I had done more."

30 years later, Timothy McVeigh figured: "hey, if Ayers can skate, so can I. Bye-bye, Oklahoma City."

//

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Glad to see you found the American flag. Just like Obama. Recently. Seems he couldn't find his throughout most of the primaries. He wouldn't be trying to "change" his image to suit a broader fan base, would he?? Nah, BarackO would never do that. Nah. Never. Ever. He would never stoop to that level. Not the "messiah".

:rolleyes:

//

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Excellent point, blue. Glad you bring this up. Here's the deal: when the "right-wingers" start controlling all of the media in America, like when a "right-wing" type of a Lorne Michaels, a David Letterman, a Jay Leno, David Geffen, Jon Stewart, Tina Fey, Bruce Springsteen, etc., take over the MSM at least until there is some parity -- parity, balance, starting to "get it" now?? -- then nobody will have to point out the obvious bias toward the left in the media. Some of us are not so sheepishly happy at what is getting rammed down our throats full-throttle, 24/7 by the "elites" of Hollywood and New York.

The fact that Sarah Palin is the latest target in their gun-sights is merely academic, she's just the latest example of MSM prejudice. Anybody who goes against the dominant media culture's view of life is going to get crucified. Anybody who's awake knows it. Making fun of Biden is no big deal because he even enjoys being the buffoon; but getting Palin -- ah-h, that's what the MSM, dominant media, want.

Anyway, that's how my ten-year niece explained it to me, and she's never been wrong yet..

//